How did you quit your job? (1 Viewer)

random-1005

Banned
HSC
I just stopped turning up and stayed away from all my phones...

eventually a friend took my phone and called them to say i'd quit

haha

how did you quit?

you dnt even have the balls to tell them that your quitting.
honestly, what were they going to do if you told them straight out that you were quitting? Nothing!

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
I suddenly landed a much better job and had neither the time nor the need for both my burger shop gig and the new research one.
I would have quit in person, but the shop was pretty far away and I just couldn't bring myself to tram it all the way over just for that when I had a lot to do otherwise, so I phoned the manager/owner and just said something along the lines of, I'm sorry, but I have to resign. I've enjoyed working at your shop but I think it's time to move on. Thank you very much for the opportunity.
He said, well, thanks very much, hope it all goes well. Drop by sometime and say hi if you'd like.
Instant resignation, no bridges burned, over in a matter of minutes and hopefully nobody's going to end up giving me a bad rep if someone calls about me.

SpoonSamba

HSC
you dnt even have the balls to tell them that your quitting.
honestly, what were they going to do if you told them straight out that you were quitting? Nothing!
Pretty much

But management was basically why I was quitting, it was always nasty and belittling and it wasn't even effective, they fucked up my roster every single week and i was sick of it.

And they hated me so I was gonna get a shit reference anyway, and this way i never had to talk to them again. no regrets!

And also cos i was only ever rostered at the end of the week the next weeks roster would be done by the time i got there and working a few shifts with them knowing i was quitting would be sooooo horrible.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
The first job I quit I just spoke to the manager and said I couldn't handle two jobs and studying and wasn't settling into the position there well (I hadn't been there long). She was understanding and I offered to give 2 weeks notice but she said I didn't need to.

The second job I was less nice at. I had been there for over 5 years and was very underpaid. I called my manager when I had been offered a higher paying job starting that Saturday and said "I will stay with you guys only if you match that pay." He turned me down (despite having over 5 years experience, but the owner he works for is a tight arse prick and would never give me a pay rise regardless) and I quit over the phone. The manager was still able to find someone to take my shift in the 5 days previous and is still a close friend and reference of mine.

With the third and fourth job both had similar circumstances, boss called to offer me more shifts and I told them I couldn't handle more shifts due to uni and my other job, sorry. They were cool because I was only a temp anyway.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
I decided to piss off Coles when I wanted to quit, seing they made my life much harder when I was working there, plus giving me shit. So basically I didn't answer my phone for about a month, or if they rang my homephone I would hang up on them. Thought that mabye they have have slightly got the point, considering they also sighted me serveral times at my other job, apparently "spying" to see if I was working at my other job instead of Coles where I apparently should be working....:haha: Then one day my I saw my manger walking around my work (in the same westfield), and he saw me and is like "So do you want to come in and work tonight?". I said no, and then he was like just standing on the spot and just plain staring at me, watching me work?? WHAT THE HELL!. So I went over to the pet section and he continued to stalk me, so I pissed off on a break for 15mins and he went. Personally I have quit, and I am not going back to that stupid place, they wanna ring me anymore, I will just tell them to piss off.:jedi:

flaganarchy

HSC
N/A
I was the one who quit for spoonsamba :)
it was fun, you can ask her

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I'm in limbo right now with my job, they have no shifts for me so I haven't worked there for about 4 months now, yet they keep saying when business picks up they'll call me in. Biznitches, I want my hair done for free again :(
Get a job elsewhere, then when the first guys call you in again, work a few shifts, get your hair done and then quit lol.

CieL

HSC
I remember my second job in hospitality.
The staff gave me shit for four nights, and the manager was blowing F words all over my face..
And I took my apron off, shoved it on his chest, and walked out the store.
Damn it felt so good.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
^
Good on ya.

What a stupid manager >.<

shell.q

HSC
my first job was at dominoes pizza
i was one of the oldest there so little amount of hours came in when they hired new younger ppl.
i went away for a twelve day hike, this being with no electricity.
they decided they needed me a shit load and i turned my phone on the day i returned with 25 missed calls. my plan was to quit after my return.
i went in to tell them, turned out took my name off the roster and i missed 8 shifts over twelve days they had called me in to do another 6 meaning i would of done double shifts somewhere,
i could of given them crap considering over the last 12 weeks i hadnt even had 8 bloody shifts but i kept my mouth shut

ajay12

Can count to potato
HSC
I stormed into Krispy Kreme with a knife in my hand and told them that I was going to quit. They agreed.

johony

HSC
handed them a resignation letter - like a normal person would. i felt so relieved afterwards, i had wanted to quit for such a long time, but wasn't in the position to. turned up on the last day i was meant to be working, then got told i hadn't been rostered and that i've already quit and they relinquished all my rostered shifts.

walking out of that fucking store was the most amazing feeling ever.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Have quit my job twice. Just told the people in charge I didn't feel the job was a right fit for me - no wonder people say Gen Y people suck hahaha.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
hated my job
i wanted to quit
but didn't want to make it seem like i was the bad person

so instead I made them fire me =]
stopped doing stuff around the newsagent
took less shifts
started coming to work late

and voila! i got fired =]
i love this thread.

haha this is exactly my idea!!
except for the stomping around and other stuff you did.
im on full time so i have to be here all the time.

but how are you suppose to write the resignation letter? lol..

TheGeorgia

HSC
i love this thread.

haha this is exactly my idea!!
except for the stomping around and other stuff you did.
im on full time so i have to be here all the time.

but how are you suppose to write the resignation letter? lol..
Address

To Whom It May Concern,

It is with regret that I, name, would like to inform you of my resignation from my position of title at place of employment, effective from date.
I would like to thank you for the opportunities and skills I have gained from working in your store, it has been a pleasure.

Kind Regards,

Name
Date

Hope this helps! :)

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
I walk out because 80% of the workplace was bogans and dont know that you need heat to cook shit.

*cough* Batesman Bay Macdonald

illmatic1990

HSC
I can understand though why some people do some crazy things when they quit. I'm just about in the same boat and on the edge of quitting. I ignore calls and mainly will only communicate through SMS. But I feel they deserve it anyway because I'm studying at the moment and they don't even take the time to give me a roster and just call me up whenever they feel like it. I've been there for quite a while now, and i've had to put up with a lot of shit, too much stuff to list. Maybe they call me so much still because they're grateful but tbh I'm sorta just pissed off and am very confused on what to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)