How do you see certain UAI ranks as? (1 Viewer)

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I believe Commerce is 95.3 at UNSW. That being said, I need to get 99.75+ or risk being thrown out of the house. I'm going for Commerce/Economics (95.3). Regardless, I see UAI rankings as this:

<70: Garbage
71-80: Mediocre
81-90: Decent
91-95: Good
96-99: Excellent
99+: Brilliant

It's really that simple. I find it hard to believe that if you work hard you can get a UAI below 80.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
I believe Commerce is 95.3 at UNSW. That being said, I need to get 99.75+ or risk being thrown out of the house. I'm going for Commerce/Economics (95.3). Regardless, I see UAI rankings as this:

It's really that simple. I find it hard to believe that if you work hard you can get a UAI below 80.
yikes, 99.75 or thrown out??

man, if i were in that position, i'd be packing my bags by now.

HSC
Median UAI is 66 something and average UAI cutoffs for ACT/NSW is 76 or something

duckcowhybrid

HSC
yikes, 99.75 or thrown out??

man, if i were in that position, i'd be packing my bags by now.
I'm pretty sure if I push hard enough I should be able to get it. But it will be pretty damn tough =S. At least I'm good at the subjects I picked except Chem, but with pereserverance that will come through eventually.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm pretty sure if I push hard enough I should be able to get it. But it will be pretty damn tough =S. At least I'm good at the subjects I picked except Chem, but with pereserverance that will come through eventually.
I'm sure you'll end up with something that pleases you. That 99.75 is quite high and the fact of not getting (yikes... kicked out! XD tehe).... tough love.

shakky15

HSC

woo commerce/economics ftw lol... but 95.3 is deceptive. you can get in with much less than that if you go well in english advanced and maths..

hscplus program means people with up to 5 points lower can still get in..

and just to let the unsw hopefuls in on something - its not all that special, trust me. and you better be tolerant of asians (both local and international)

simplyyme

HSC
How people see UAI's is a matter of perspective, what one person deems "shit and crap" someone else might find "really good".

I know people who have turned up to school everyday and did very little work and get a uai in the 60s, while i've seen people who don't even turn up to school half the time and get uai's in their mid to late 80s, it's a matter of how hard you work and how committed you are.

anyways, for me anything < 50 is seriously crap.. you probably get marks just for turning up to the exam and writng your own name and student ID down.

Zedez

HSC
How people see UAI's is a matter of perspective, what one person deems "shit and crap" someone else might find "really good".

I know people who have turned up to school everyday and did very little work and get a uai in the 60s, while i've seen people who don't even turn up to school half the time and get uai's in their mid to late 80s, it's a matter of how hard you work and how committed you are.

anyways, for me anything < 50 is seriously crap.. you probably get marks just for turning up to the exam and writng your own name and student ID down.
But then again, half of the cohort gets < 50, so we must be a really dumb country... :confused:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
But then again, half of the cohort gets < 50, so we must be a really dumb country... :confused:
and you're one of the dumb people.

the uai isn't a mark, its a rank/

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Actually half the cohort gets <68 since the SC dropkicks get stacked at the bottom. I considered doing Comm/Law then I realised that Comm/Eco is better for me and doing Law would be pretty dry for me since I have little to no interest in a lot of it. I like some Law but not all of it. I do like both Comm and Eco so it's Comm/Eco for me. having a pretty low entry level allows me to experiment with my subjects in years 11/12. But then again the 99.75 bites back.

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
duckcoyhybrid lucky you go to ruse, or i would be packing my bags already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)