How Happy Are You With Life? (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
todays life rating...

Self esteem : 4/10
Mental Health : 6/10.
Study : N/A (no study til uni)
Future Plans : 4/10 (still unsure of what im gonna do with myself)
Friendship : 4/10 (people are changing. enough said.)
Love : 0/10
Family : 7/10
Spirituality: 5/10
How do I feel about the world: terrible place if you think about all the crime and suffering going on. im worried about the world's future tbh.

Average life rating: 4.3/10

(note: this may change from day to day)
damn :(

b more happy plz

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
mmmm... i was happier about 2-3 months ago tbh

october and november have just been utter shit for me.. im going on schoolies on friday, maybe things will change then (hopefully)

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
a generalisation if i ever heard one. Happiness does not have a universal definition. Money isn't everything, and just because someone has the aforementioned, it does not mean they are happy; and just because they lack them, it does not mean they are unhappy. I believe in being grateful for what you have, but the "life is good for anyone in Australia" is a really, really dangerous viewpoint to have.
it's not the money.. ie. economic growth that makes you happy, it's more likely the level of economic development. first comes economic growth, then comes economic development.

its the acccess to education, medical services, government, religion, etc.

isn't it obvious you're likely to be unhappy if you're dying of a preventable disease, yet have no access to medical services?

Some people are STILL living under an unstable family environment. It's something they have to deal with everyday. Considering the economy and the price of rent and the jobs most teenagers are able to get, I don't see how you think that's going to improve any time soon.
econonmy eh?
Australia has been tremendously lucky to have avoided recession.
property bubble isn't helping though.

As do I. But not all people are the same, and not all people bounce back.
of course everyone is not the same.
let those who have be an inspiration as well as an encouragement

You know nothing about the emotional investment their dad made. You know nothing about what goes on behind closed doors. Again, money =/= happiness
i understand money is not happiness.
but money can certainly buy everything else..
stuff that will make you happy.
ie. material goods for a hedonistic lifestyle.

btw i'm not encouraging you to be a hedonist or a materialist,

Are you making the assumption that everybody who has expressed dissatisfaction within this thread has used alcohol or illicit drugs?
no.
Yeah mate, no shit, but 18 years of witnessing such a thing, isn't exactly easy to get over. You don't come away from a childhood like that without scars.
confront and resolve.

and yes i do see that it is easier said than done,
but there's no point in saying that without action.

Easier said than done.
read above :p

Have a little compassion, bro.
If I have come off as cold and insincere, then i apologies.
Please understand the post i made was not addressed nor directed to anyone specfically, thus by its very nature was impersonal.

if you wish, feel free to PM me and i can give you some help/advice.
I can also do what most people want when they actually do ask for advice... someone to listen.

ay0_x

HSC
Well I wasn't really talking about recession in regards to the economy.

It's my experience that parents who provide a lot of material things for their kids are often cold, distant, emotionally detached or in some way abusive. This is certainly true for my own folks (for which I don't really blame them, they were raised the same way). A lot of the richer kids I know would gladly give away all that they own for Mum or Dad to spend some time actually talking to them.

I guess it's the whole "grass is always greener on the other side" syndrome.

As for acting to resolve & confront family issues: this isn't easy. Usually the best action for people is moving out, spending time away from the family environment. For most people this is not affordable at all. 26 year olds are moving back into home.. Most 18 year olds are pretty doomed.

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
Life is lovely.
Australia = best place to be. We are all very lucky :D

be.yourself

HSC
Hey everyone! I just thought it would be interesting to get a snapshot of how the youth (us) feels about themselves and life..This poll question relates to absolutely everything in your life..self-esteem, mental health, school or uni work, friendship, love, family, the future, existential dilemmas!, and how you feel about the world. Does life suck or is it a delight? Why? Discuss.
This is interesting.

I love myself and I love life.
I have a very high self-esteem, but im not an arrogant, self-centred type of person
My mental health is fine, thank you. :D
Schools finishd, YES! about bloody fucking time
friendship= grateful
love= my life, my special someone
family= think about them more every day
future= exceeds hopeful
existential dilemma? - I believe in God. And my theories on existence are way out there so if you wanna know em in detail, dont be afraid to pm me. haha
how do i feel about the world? the world has too much corruption, but i guess the good outweigh the not so good.

LIFE IS AWESOME.
Why? Cos thats what I make of my life.

The end.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
hmm.. todays life rating is much better than 2 days ago haha

probably a 6 out of 10 now that i dont have to work for below minimum wage again until after schoolies... which starts on friday :D
thank god

AliDee

HSC
As stated before... its got its ups and downs but sometimes you just wonder why some people have so much yet you don't even though being a materialistic person doesn't mean they're happy but just seeing all these young P platers driving nice BMW's and shyt that their parents pay for just give u the shits sometimes loll.

xceL

HSC
Hate it. Boring and monotonous with no real achievements.
Turned 19 today and got a job. All the more reason to hate life.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
oh yeah mate, your life really sucks hey

Lukybear

HSC
Full of passion and vibrance, ambitions drives with a unbelievable strength. But beyond this trying phase nothing really much to look forward to. Study + school work, sleepy always, very fews sole relaxing times...

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
Happy Birthday for what its worth on the internet

and i hate my fucking life cos im not invited to any goddamn christmas parties lol

HSC
Pretty happy. Would be better if I didn't wake up to an empty house.

Figures, out of maybe... 5 days a year, one of them is Christmas.

Oh well, two Christmas parties today, so it's just a slow start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)