How many pages (2 Viewers)

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Just because an essay is 4 or 5 pages long does not mean it's a poor essay.
Some people are simply not capable of writing 10 pages and that's fine. If it takes them 5 pages to say what they need to say and say it well then there is really no point for them to continue writing unless they've got a spare ten minutes or so to squeeze in another paragraph. Be succinct and don't waffle on about unnecessary and irrelevant information.
Quality over quantity, just in case anyone who feels like they didn't write enough because they got under 6 pages for an essay. If you're confident that you wrote enough and got your point across clearly then that is all that matters. :)
Plus everyone's handwriting differs.

This is in response to the guy who implied that people who wrote 6 will pretty much fail.

Last edited:

Harley Chan

HSC
just because an essay is 4 or 5 pages long does not mean it's a poor essay.
Some people are simply not capable of writing 10 pages and that's fine. If it takes them 5 pages to say what they need to say and say it well then there is really no point for them to continue writing unless they've got a spare ten minutes or so to squeeze in another paragraph. Be succinct and don't waffle on about unnecessary and irrelevant information.
Quality over quantity, just in case anyone who feels like they didn't write enough because they got under 6 pages for an essay. If you're confident that you wrote enough and got your point across clearly then that is all that matters. :)
plus everyone's handwriting differs.
+ 1 !!

HSC
cmon
all those people who wrote 6 pages
do you really think you're going to get a decent mark with that little info?
wake up
there are people out there writing 12.
I'm not sure who you think you are with your ridiculous name and everything, but seriously, why would you even try to make others feel bad when 1. There's many underlying factors that are going to impact on your size of writing eg. general size of letters/words, space between words, whether you have 1 line or even 2 between paragraphs, how many new paragraphs you make and just overall how much you crap on irrelevantly, which is pretty much 50% of everyone's essays, possibly even 99% of your general speech from what I can gather and 2. It's just a plain lie. My teacher who is a senior HSC marker and has been for God knows how long kept repeating throughout the whole year that it is quality over quantity. He even discouraged us from 10+, as with a normal sized handwriting, that's a ridiculous amount of writing for the question they are asking. So why don't you pull your head in? For the record, I did 5.5, 5, 5 with approx 11 words per line. So yeah.. how about that.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
It doesn't really matter how many pages you've written, or how many words - it's the quality of your essay. On average in the Standards Packages for English Advanced all the exemplar (full marks 20/20) responses are between 7 - 10 pages long, with between 5 - 7 words per line. It's quite possible to get band 6 with any number of pages, as long as your essay is well written and addresses the question.

HSC
i wrote 31; 11.5,8,11.5but to add to the discussion- just becuase i wrote more doesn't necessarily mean i'll get more marks. their essays could still be better and more detailed than mine..i'd like to think i have the quality as well though

askrach

HSC
how many pages are in a booklet?
I wrote 1 booklet + 1 page for mod A and C
about 6.5 pages for mod B
although my writing was huge, like 5 words a line

4sultanaB

HSC
congrats 2 everi1 no more english eva cept 4 extension. i got say da wog rulz guy sounds like the biggest ass eva. huge ego muc. congrats on writin heaps yea, but no need 2 kick pplz while they r down some pplz mite hav wanted 2 write more. good work in freakin them out more. besides it is quality not quantity. i hav 20 pages but got big writing. i am happy wit dat so time 2 get ova it n worry bout ancient. congratz pplz.

BeRad

HSC
7-7-7 with kind of small handwriting probs like 10 words a line.If you wrote under 6 pages per essay don't stress, if you feel confident in the amount of detail you put in for each essay then that's all that matters.And if it took you more than a booklet to answer a question you either have really big writing, are actually some sort of robot, went into great amounts of detail which may not have been totally necessary or waffled on because you couldn't clearly express your point.

Last edited:

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
I managed 8, 7, 10. Btw, is this wogz_rule guy real? He sounds like the standard troll

HailSatan

HSC
How the fuck do you all write so much? I only got 4.5, 4.5, 5

DannyT

HSC
i think the question should be how many words per essay. heaps of people are writing around 30 pages, that's crazy. is that with small or fat writing? i write like 10-15 words per line and if i wrote that much....that's a lot of words.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)