how many people are doing history extension in your school? (2 Viewers)

summermagic

HSC
Wow you guys don't have that many people. We had about 25 originally but now it's down to 16.

HSC
we have like 8 but thats chopped in half from the beginning of yr 12

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
We started the course with 28.
It was insane!
We have since dropped to 19.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Kimia2409 said:
i'm the only one doing ext history! plenty of awkward silences
haha that would be strange. So it's just you & the teacher? Or do you study it distance-ed?

Kashaya

HSC
Three, but I do it over a webcam type contraption with another school because I live in the sticks. Hah.

vasuu91

HSC
our school doesnt offer history extension...weird coz ancient and modern are the best subjects in our school (result wise), there are many people doing history AND the head of the history dept is like a super whiz at history as in she has written books and stuff (antiquity 1,2 and 3)...

Kimia2409

HSC
fallenstar said:
haha that would be strange. So it's just you & the teacher? Or do you study it distance-ed?
yeah it's just me and the teacher lol it's good in a way because all the attention is focused on my project and the areas i need the most help with...but still it's always good to have other people to bitch and moan to lol

Tragedy Thrills

Imperator
HSC
My school has Ancient and Modern History Extension classes. There are about 20 people doing modern, with Appeasement as their case study, and out of the original 10 doing Ancient, there are only 3 people left after the others failed the half yearlies lol. We're doing Tacitus' Annals as our case study.
Honestly though, History Ext is the easiest subject I'm doing, the project was a fair amount of work, but not difficult, and the Historiography is so easy it's bordering on the ridiculous. Tacitus is challenging, but not a lot of work.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
Smaller numbers means an easier time of scoring the top rank! That's always a good thing.

Don't get too complacent with it though! Remember, your class really also includes.. oh, about another 2000 or so other state-rank-hungry HSC students. :)

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
We started with 20, right before our trials last term more than half the class didn't turn up to sit the exam so we're left with approx 8 people?

sarah512

HSC
we have like 10! everyone is pretty into we had like 3 drop at the start of the year. can't believe how many some classes have! 20!!!!!! What school is that, do you have tonnes of people at your school??

Admiral Nelson

Generalfeldmarschall
HSC
We have four. It's great, the three are good friend's of mine and the teacher is an awesome man and a great teacher. It's really quite fun to go there.

We don't get all that much done, though, a fact I'm regretting on the eve of my trial for it.

HSC
My class has about 15. We have an amazing teacher, he gets us really involved - its my favourite subject!!

what did people do their history ext investigation on? I did Henry VIII it was soooo interesting!!! :) :) :) :)

sarah512

HSC
i did the position of Japanese women in the last century and how much progress they have made with the feminist movement, their attitudes ect...
what did other people do in your class???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)