how much study are you doing a day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoCandyGurlxo

HSC
Ive done 2 hours for maths since grad which was friday. But ive had visitors all weekend so now that they have gone home i will get lots more done i hope. I have a class 2moro so hopefully that will motivate me to do more!

samuel slack

HSC
When people say that they're doing 10 hours what does that include? Is it like hours of reading notes? Is it writing notes? Is it doing past papers?? This morning I did half a maths paper in an hour and a half, was sick of maths, then read english notes for an hour and a half. Then I just did another hour of business studies, reading notes getting someone to question me on them. I dont think I could sit there and read notes for 3 hours, it'd just bore me stupid. I don't know that it'd be effective study if i spent that many hours doing schoolwork, and it'd probably stress me out more than anything.

G

gaoOO

i can't even get myself to do 5 hours let alone 10 etc.

it's probably because i don't do any study on normal school days unless there's an exam or assessment in 3 days or less.

i feel so unmotivated.

calculate

HSC
i think its nuts!!!! u cannot do 10 hrs of study in one day im mean wen r u gonna eat or do anything else like tlak to people...the HSC is around the corner and u cannot stress ur brain out now...u will forget more stuff than u can actually remeber....4 or five hrs is an excellent amount of time broken up by reglur breaks coz ur brain need time to process the information ur feeding it.

the time u spend studying can only be measured by the effectivness of that study...if u do 10 hrs and remeber nothing thats shit...if u do 2 hrs and remember all ur notes thats better....

just take regular breaks and sleep well....dont stay up to late coz u wont remeber anything and dont cram!!

original123

*Original Convention*
HSC
samuel slack said:
When people say that they're doing 10 hours what does that include? Is it like hours of reading notes? Is it writing notes? Is it doing past papers?? This morning I did half a maths paper in an hour and a half, was sick of maths, then read english notes for an hour and a half. Then I just did another hour of business studies, reading notes getting someone to question me on them. I dont think I could sit there and read notes for 3 hours, it'd just bore me stupid. I don't know that it'd be effective study if i spent that many hours doing schoolwork, and it'd probably stress me out more than anything.
You're like me. I can't do notes. I've compiled a massive list of qs for my subjects (Advanced Eng, Legal Studies, Business Studies, Ancient History, General Math) and I just answer them. It's more effective to actually be working on something rather than reading or writing notes. That's basically regurgitating the textbooks, which you'll find can't effectively happen in the HSC examinations.
(Point: Good study techniques =P)

75 or 99!

HSC
i know exactly what you mean...is it just me or does everything after the trials seem annoyingly monotonous?... does anyone else feel like a break after an hour of study...in yr 11 and most of yr 12 i could pull 5-6 hours on weekdays and about 8-9 on weekends now that skool is over (forever woot woot :() i should be doing 10-12 buh i get bored mnumb after like 6........i can't take this shit anymore and the HSC is only like 2 weeks away...i just wanna run away far far...far away

Sumrestler

HSC
I did 4 hours today. Not stressed though cause I only need 65 and my marks are always in the 80s. Good luck to every one who needs high UAIs though.

samuel slack

HSC
original123 said:
You're like me. I can't do notes. I've compiled a massive list of qs for my subjects (Advanced Eng, Legal Studies, Business Studies, Ancient History, General Math) and I just answer them. It's more effective to actually be working on something rather than reading or writing notes. That's basically regurgitating the textbooks, which you'll find can't effectively happen in the HSC examinations.
(Point: Good study techniques =P)
Lol thanks. Notes are just annoying, but I'm pretty proud that i actually finished mine, lol. Yeah my Ancient teacher compiled a list of all the questions that had been asked in past HSC exams for me. Best thing that anyone could have done. My English teacher did something similar. By the end of STUVAC i'll have done all of them. And i just noticed that I do all the same subjects as you, except 2u instead of general maths. Lol.

Well, i haven't reached my goal of 6 hours for today, instead making 4 and a half. But, i'm going to read Emma again tonight to make up for it. Lol.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
bento said:
UNSW offers extra uai points? to who? I thought that was only UWS.
USW, UTS, UNSW offer extra points but only for if you have done certain subjects. UTS only gives extra points to students who choose the courses listed for the scheme + the subject. I heard USYD is offering something similar but not too sure. Check the uni sites - they have all the info :)

Kujah II

HSC
^Never knew of that - I heard girls can get extra points if they decide to do some engineering course in uni?

You got unbanned earlier than me :(

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Kujah II said:
^Never knew of that - I heard girls can get extra points if they decide to do some engineering course in uni?

You got unbanned earlier than me :(
girls get extra points for doing engineering? lol that's crap - I know that UTS is offering an extra 6 points to anyone - f & m who chooses engineering.

I think i got unbanned earlier than you because i was banned before you! :p I tried to come on with another account but everytime i went to BOS - the banned msg came up .- Argh! I'll do my best to keep off the spam! :D but its always fun, right Kujah? :p

MathsIsWeird

HSC
lol i envy you all, 2 weeks to go so its time to start revising a years worth of notes.
:rofl:

UAI AIM = >65

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
MathsIsWeird said:
lol i envy you all, 2 weeks to go so its time to start revising a years worth of notes.
:rofl:

UAI AIM = >65
hahah im on the same boat :mad1:

Last edited:

sayrah64

HSC
I've hardly done any study so far.. I'm going to step it up this week and do a few hours on each subject each day. (hopefully)

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
lol. i don't see what's so bad about 10 hours of study... or maybe i'm wierd

coz, the way i see it:

sleep = 8 hours, which leaves 16 hours of non-sleep

then, study = 10 hours, which leaves 6 hours of non-study, which i find is quite adequate for eating, bathroom duties, and general lazing about...

or, as i said earlier, maybe i'm just wierd.. >_>"

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ssejamafone said:
lol. i don't see what's so bad about 10 hours of study... or maybe i'm wierd

coz, the way i see it:

sleep = 8 hours, which leaves 16 hours of non-sleep

then, study = 10 hours, which leaves 6 hours of non-study, which i find is quite adequate for eating, bathroom duties, and general lazing about...

or, as i said earlier, maybe i'm just wierd.. >_>"
That makes perfect sense, but i'd rather swap the 6 hours of non study with 10 hrs of study...oo its not looking too good for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)