how much Study have you done During holidays?? (1 Viewer)

tjhunt11

HSC
just wondering how much study have you guys done during the holidays?? and what are your study plans :)

NewiJapper

HSC
Dear 2011's, do DO some study in this holidays. It's the perfect time to get to really understand your first modules of work in each subject and a chance to get into a study routine etc. I hardly did any study during this period and now wish I did :p

HSC
Uni Grad
I've barely done any study so far, it's only been 5 days so I still have plenty of time, as long as I don't end up procrastinating...

well as for me I plan to do
some maths revision plus the maths hwk sheets that my school makes us do T_T
legal studies revision on crime :p
a bit of english - frankenstein/blade runner
playing my pieces for music extension :p
starting music 2 composition portfolio...
idk about physics but I might consider dropping it half way...

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
Not much so far. Typed up Modern History WWI notes, started reading Snow Falling on Cedars, done some SOR questions (multiple choice and short answer.)

Lots of procrastinating so far. Probably buckle down in January.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Do try and relax a bit over the holidays. However, some general advice:
Learn concepts early with Maths. That way it will seem like revision when you do it in class, allowing you to focus on harder questions.

When you can, learn the syllabus. Especially applicable for tests mostly based of memorising definitions, like business.

Choose English texts early. Read/watch them multiple times, take notes. Spend the rest of your session just synthesising these.

Wish I could go back and take my own advice.

Existential

HSC
N/A
dot point summary for biology, reading english advanced texts, reading ahead in geography, special dot point summary for legal studies and homework exercises/past papers for mathematics.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
well up to new year i'll just chill but may study a bit afterwards. studying is important, but so is some downtime ppl

muzeikchun852

HSC
minimal. i only did 5-7 questions on induction in a week.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
i recommend the 11'ers not to touch any books for a while, especially during this period

hit the books maybe 2 weeks before for the start of school again

or you can read your set english texts i rkn

that's what i did anyway.. cept' the latter

tjhunt11

HSC
Learn concepts early with Maths. That way it will seem like revision when you do it in class, allowing you to focus on harder questions.

When you can, learn the syllabus. Especially applicable for tests mostly based of memorising definitions, like business.

Choose English texts early. Read/watch them multiple times, take notes. Spend the rest of your session just synthesising these.

+1 to you :)

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
well up to new year i'll just chill but may study a bit afterwards. studying is important, but so is some downtime ppl
Agreed. I'm laying off until the new year, the last few weeks were insane for assessments as well as several performances and being sick, so I'm all for taking a rest at the moment!

speedofsound

HSC
just relax. we did fuck all in the first term of year 12. i would just relax, maybe do some notes and work on your major works over the holidays. right now is the easiest it's going to be for the rest of year 12.

HSC
Nothing significant. Just been reading English prescribed texts, whilst revising maths every now and again.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

but how can you learn new concepts, if you've never been taught it by a teacher? you might learn it the wrong way by yourself and just end up making it harder to grab the concept of / Or just a waste of time.

tjhunt11

HSC
but how can you learn new concepts, if you've never been taught it by a teacher? you might learn it the wrong way by yourself and just end up making it harder to grab the concept of / Or just a waste of time.
lold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)