how much Study have you done During holidays?? (1 Viewer)

hscishard

HSC
but how can you learn new concepts, if you've never been taught it by a teacher? you might learn it the wrong way by yourself and just end up making it harder to grab the concept of / Or just a waste of time.
uhhh? Just read your books? How can you learn something the wrong way if youve read everything correctly? It gets easier when you have more experience in doing stuff yourself

Eddy Q

OINK
HSC
Studying every subject I have right now, except studies of religion II (piece of crap). I'm surprised I'm not bored to death by now.

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
These holidays, I'm supposed to get myself covered with last term's stuff, finish the Physics assignemnt on Konstantin Tsiolkovsky (Send me resources please.), read English texts (Hamlet, Frankenstein, and The 50th Gate), get myself familiar with stupid Ext Maths (Parametrics, Binomial Theorem, Perms & Comb,) and even NORMAL MATHS (LOCUS), answer all the dot points of the syllabus (Chem, Bio, Phys), start writing in my Excel books (Maths, Phys), Read the damn textbook (Phys, Chem, Bio, SDD), come up with a creative piece, start doing practise papers, and find a private tutor (Maths).

Instead, I'm here playing Zelda, The Minish Cap on Gameboy Advanced SP <3

I think I need a study buddy.
Who lives around Parramatta?

And I think I need someone to slap me. Preferably right now.

HSC
These holidays, I'm supposed to get myself covered with last term's stuff, finish the Physics assignemnt on Konstantin Tsiolkovsky (Send me resources please.), read English texts (Hamlet, Frankenstein, and The 50th Gate), get myself familiar with stupid Ext Maths (Parametrics, Binomial Theorem, Perms & Comb,) and even NORMAL MATHS (LOCUS), answer all the dot points of the syllabus (Chem, Bio, Phys), start writing in my Excel books (Maths, Phys), Read the damn textbook (Phys, Chem, Bio, SDD), come up with a creative piece, start doing practise papers, and find a private tutor (Maths).

Who lives around Parramatta? [/CODE]

Wow.
Make sure you don't get yourself exhausted lol.

Kanane

HSC
N/A
Done a few dot points for biology but sadly none is remaining in my long term memory. Next year I will begin reading my two english presribed texts...hopefully...

Eddy Q

OINK
HSC
+1
You'd be likely to burn out if you continue exhaustion :p

which is why I'm chillaxing atm xD
I still can't get head around on how you actually 'burn out'. It's not like a mental breakdown is it?

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad

You guys need to all chillax =]. By all means do some study, get yourself up to speed and revise what you've already learnt. But do keep in mind that these are the last real holidays you'll get, so your priority should be charging yourself up for the insane 10 months you have ahead of you - not only physically, but also mentally. I myself did not study for more than 3~ hours a day during holidays!

But if you insist on grinding and are confident that you won't burn yourself out, then I suggest you get a tutor/mentor/study buddy as it's pretty much impossible motivating yourself to study 7 hours a day at home with all the distractions we have.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
I still can't get head around on how you actually 'burn out'. It's not like a mental breakdown is it?
Nope, it's not actually a mental breakdown. It's more like a subtle loss of focus - you no longer feel that burning desire to rip a few 4u past papers because you want that top atar. The desire sort of goes away, and your motivation wanes. Leads to procrastination, etc.

How do I know? It happened to me for a short little while.

Eddy Q

OINK
HSC
Nope, it's not actually a mental breakdown. It's more like a subtle loss of focus - you no longer feel that burning desire to rip a few 4u past papers because you want that top atar. The desire sort of goes away, and your motivation wanes. Leads to procrastination, etc.

Oh, I felt like that last week.

HSC

Exactly!

Burning out is terrible. You mentally want to study, but no matter what - you'll just end up procrastinating.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

I'll slap you to get that Gameboy off you. =D

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I burnt out during the last week of school. I just could not be bothered after all my assessments were finally over and we were getting some results back D: Now my motivation is slowly increasing :) Hopefully it'll be at its peak for the next ten months of my life :p

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I burnt out during the last week of school. I just could not be bothered after all my assessments were finally over and we were getting some results back D: Now my motivation is slowly increasing :) Hopefully it'll be at its peak for the next ten months of my life :p
Well, I suppose it wouldn't have hurt that much since it was the last week.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
You should all be trying to get in at least a few hours of study each week; although do feel free to have some fun in these holidays. You're allowed to be human, and procrastinate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)