How tough is it doing all 3 science subjects???! (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I was thinking the electrochemistry section was pretty close to physics, but yeah, glad I chose Forensic Chemistry! :D And also, if you have the choice, pick your option! It is an option, after all.

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
i do chem, bio, and physics... and i think that doing three sciences is great. Just stay dedicated, and study hard for the exams.
be prepared for annoying practical write ups especially for chem.
if u love science... u can do it!

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
live.fast said:
dont do all 33 sciences!!!!

You're brain will go BOOM!

den der'll be a massive mess...yukky yukky
I'm sure my head won't explode well maybe if i were to do '33' science!

I think i'll be fine as so many other people are doing it and also for the benefit of scaling. Isn't that what you said?

lala2

Banned
HSC
If you love all three, go for it. Remember not to think about scaling--it's just to do your best and get into whatever course you wanna do.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
lala2 said:
If you love all three, go for it. Remember not to think about scaling--it's just to do your best and get into whatever course you wanna do.
Well basically i'm really keen on physics and chemistry and they both have good scaling, so its not like i'm choosing subjects squarely on scaling. I got the subjects i wanted as each of these 3 were on different lines so half the battle is already over!
I think its quite good to think of scaling if you are also interested in the subjects since you'll always believe that you will do well and not always regretting the subjects you've chosen becuz its not scaled. Its also a positive reinforcement to you mentally. Because most of my subjects are practically scaled pretty high (extension 2 maths best of all) i'm pretty confident that i be acing in the HSC.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Deltan said:
Well basically i'm really keen on physics and chemistry and they both have good scaling, so its not like i'm choosing subjects squarely on scaling. I got the subjects i wanted as each of these 3 were on different lines so half the battle is already over!
I think its quite good to think of scaling if you are also interested in the subjects since you'll always believe that you will do well and not always regretting the subjects you've chosen becuz its not scaled. Its also a positive reinforcement to you mentally. Because most of my subjects are practically scaled pretty high (extension 2 maths best of all) i'm pretty confident that i be acing in the HSC.
Yes, my message was more for those who are thinking squarely of scaling--that will not save you if your marks are not deserving of a better UAI. I agree with you though, that if you are interested in subjects that just happen to have higher scaling, that is a good bonus and yes, may motivate you to work harder. What subjects are you doing then, Deltan?

HSC
Sofstar said:
I'm doing 2 sciences at the moment and i'm managing them, not getting GREAT marks but i'm passing. Some concepts are probably going to take some time to get your head around but it should be fine. A very big bonus if you love your sciences, you'll have a great time. :D
Yeah, I agree with all of this. :)
A l said:
In my opinion, the science course with the most practical experiments is Chemistry, with Physics having the least.
Yeah? In physics we've been doing a prac. practically every 2nd lesson! :)

tmde1st

HSC
i do three sciences and im managing fine, as long as you do all the work and summarise your notes.

lala2

Banned
HSC
ermmm...how's that possible? Senior Science is considered to be a science and if the BOS were keeping tabs on your record, the maximum no of sciences you can do is 3--and you're doing four? (Ag I know is not counted as a science)

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
lala2 said:
Yes, my message was more for those who are thinking squarely of scaling--that will not save you if your marks are not deserving of a better UAI. I agree with you though, that if you are interested in subjects that just happen to have higher scaling, that is a good bonus and yes, may motivate you to work harder. What subjects are you doing then, Deltan?
lol, you should have already known since all the hints are given to you.
Alright, the subjects i'm gonna do next year are:
English(advance)
Maths Advance
Maths Extension 1
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Catholic studies(1 units does not go to uai, compulsory)

Hey does anyone know if you are able to do dinstinction courses like cosmology if your already doing 3 science? Becuz i'm thinking about accelerating 2 unit maths and do cosmology or maybe even philosophy? is philosophy even considered as science?

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
I do three sciences (Chemistry, Physics and Biology). It's tough only because my Chemistry teacher hardly shows up for class, but other than that, I don't even notice how much time I actually spend in the labs. :)
You'll be fine. Like others have mentioned, some of the science courses overlap each other which makes things a bit easier.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
basketcase89 said:
I do three sciences (Chemistry, Physics and Biology). It's tough only because my Chemistry teacher hardly shows up for class, but other than that, I don't even notice how much time I actually spend in the labs. :)
You'll be fine. Like others have mentioned, some of the science courses overlap each other which makes things a bit easier.
Science chick :pNot that there's nothing wrong with that, it's good actually =)[comment]I'm a little turned on actually =P[/comment]

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Deltan said:
lol, you should have already known since all the hints are given to you.
Alright, the subjects i'm gonna do next year are:
English(advance)
Maths Advance
Maths Extension 1
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Catholic studies(1 units does not go to uai, compulsory)

Hey does anyone know if you are able to do dinstinction courses like cosmology if your already doing 3 science? Becuz i'm thinking about accelerating 2 unit maths and do cosmology or maybe even philosophy? is philosophy even considered as science?
lol Deltan, I knew you must be doing 3U Maths and the 3 sciences atm but was wondering about your other units. Good luck aiming for a distinction course--apparently, it really encourages the uni way of thinking from the two people I know doing distinction courses.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Deltan said:
But it still didn't answer my question unless i didn't look carefully. So am i still able to do cosmology if i'm doing 3 sciences?
The combination of your subjects shouldn't stop you from doing the Distinction courses I don't think, ask your year advisor or something.

HSC
Deltan said:
But it still didn't answer my question unless i didn't look carefully. So am i still able to do cosmology if i'm doing 3 sciences?
I'd PM the people in the thread I posted up, who are already doing Distinction courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)