How tough is it doing all 3 science subjects???! (1 Viewer)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
what would you need to be good at to do bio ? .. like english or maths skills ? ..
You absolutely need english skills cause you'll need to explain evolution in a feminist reading and as for maths you'll need to differentiate the curve of the wave action on a rock platform. In other words, neither is needed as you'll need Biology skills.

I do Physics, Chemistry and Biology and I'd have to truthfully say that Biology is the hardest of all three for me because of the sheer amount of textbook knowledge you need to remember.

There is nothing overly difficult in terms of caluclations, I think the only time I've come across is the formula for "Capture-recapture" techniques and it's so simple. You just need to know how to multiply and divide.

My personal list of easiest to hardest subjects:

Physics <---- easy
Chemistry <---- Moderate
Biology <---- Fucking Hard

PS Most of the difficulty involved in Biology is due to the way the ask questions...very sneaky.

PPS This is only my opinion, I'm sure others will disagree.

PPPS I freaking procrastinating again. argh!

Last edited:

vorahk

HSC
my friend does all 3 as well, yep, lol bio seems to be the hardest.

woman science my ass,

i do bio n phy, have crap teachers for both subjects, yes bio is not as easy as you think.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
what would you need to be good at to do bio ? .. like english or maths skills ? ..
Biology Teacher: *Slaps stacks of notes on your desk*, here learn it all by the end of Year 12, enjoy ...

Physics Teacher: Physics is easy, remember that F = ma and a = (v-u) / t ...

EDIT: Chemistry Teacher: Ah, metals like to give away electrons ....

~shinigami~ said:
Physics <---- easy
Chemistry <---- Moderate
Biology <---- Fucking Hard
Quoted for the truth ...

And by the way, I hate the historical outline shit in physics where domestic energy was mainly wind powered (e.g windmills) and other crap ... otherwise fun ...

Last edited:

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
f3nr15 said:
woman science my ass
Holy crap, that's what the people in my physics class keep saying when they hear about Biology. They're always telling us to do a real science.

Well I do agree that it's a woman's subject in some aspects i.e. people who write the syllabus are women and females seem to dominate the classes.

BUT, that doesn't make it an easy subject. There might not be a lot of calculations or what not but the volume of information you need to regurgitate in an exam pretty much makes up for it.

Also, having a good teacher would help because teacher is just plain, unhelpful.

f3nr15 said:
And by the way, I hate the historical outline shit in physics where domestic energy was mainly wind powered (e.g windmills) and other crap ... otherwise fun ...
I agree all the way. That's why I hate cosmic engine. WTF does "explain the effects improving of technology of astronomy in bettering society" or some shit like that have to do with physics . Also, I don't give a shit about Aristotle...I didn't do any history subjects cause I didn't like it from yr7-10 and now I'm being subjected to it in Physics of all places.

Also, I'm sick oif Aristotle. I already had to put up with his theory of tragedy in f'ing English Extension...now I have to put up with his shit model of the universe.

ok, I'm done venting.

Last edited:

vorahk

HSC
~shinigami~ said:
Holy crap, that's what the people in my physics class keep saying when they hear about Biology. They're always telling us to do a real science.

Well I do agree that it's a woman's subject in some aspects i.e. people who write the syllabus are women and females seem to dominate the classes.

BUT, that doesn't make it an easy subject. There might not be a lot of calculations or what not but the volume of information you need to regurgitate in an exam pretty much makes up for it.

Also, having a good teacher would help because teacher is just plain, unhelpful.
lol yeah? well i get that a lot too, from everyone who doesnt do bio.

so i tell them, well, it feels really good to have some WOMEN in the class.. unlike this one.. fucking sausage fest dude, im sorry, but im not like you guys, i like women.

my physics class is all boys... in our grade theres like 3 -4 girls doing physics, out of 3 classes....so degrading lol.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
~shinigami~ said:
I never said "woman science my ass", asshole ...

vorahk said:
lol yeah? well i get that a lot too, from everyone who doesnt do bio.

so i tell them, well, it feels really good to have some WOMEN in the class.. unlike this one.. fucking sausage fest dude, im sorry, but im not like you guys, i like women.

my physics class is all boys... in our grade theres like 3 -4 girls doing physics, out of 3 classes....so degrading lol.
We have 1 physics class with 13 boys and 0 girls .... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
okaaay .. ermms .. so yeah ii should do physics ? .. how hard are the equations and all ? .. like whats the hardest part bout physics ? .. & history in physics ?! .. AHH !! GODD !! .. ii loathe it so much right now too !! ><" .. aiyaa .. my english skills are REALLY BADD !! ><" .. im more a mathish person .. although only doing 2u .. =/

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
f3nr15 said:
I never said "woman science my ass", asshole ...

We have 1 physics class with 13 boys and 0 girls .... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Sorry, I just go it mixed up cause I was trying to quote vorahk and you as well. :p

Riviet

HSC
N/A
You should also be proficient in converting units to the ones required for equations, rounding your answers appropriately and of course, using your calculator. :)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Yay for Riviet and SoulSearcher's great advice which are succint to boot, unlike my ramblings.

Remember people, take Riviet's, Soulsearcher's and pLuvia's advice. It's gold! :)

HSC
f3nr15 said:
Yeah, we've got 1 physics class too, with 9 boys and me. I'm also the only girl in PD/H/PE, which also has around 9 boys.

vorahk

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Yeah, we've got 1 physics class too, with 9 boys and me. I'm also the only girl in PD/H/PE, which also has around 9 boys.
woah

do you do engineering as well?

so do you like the attention you re getting or is it annoying after a while?

lala2

Banned
HSC
Bio is a lot of memorising, I'll concur. And questions are also very sneaky, as someone earlier mentioned. You have to actually read the question properly, as the wording can catch you off. Same for uni bio. And especially multiple choice--the wording is even sneakier than the short answers. Probably because they know that everyone knows the ansswer (since it's just memorising), so they have to differentiate people by seeing if they can read the question or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)