How tough is it doing all 3 science subjects???! (2 Viewers)

vorahk

HSC
yeah my teacher gets cranky or laughs at us for "answering our own questions"

wahts bio like in uni? more detailed content??

lala2

Banned
HSC
I'm doing human bio this semester--so anatomy, physiology and all anything related to the human body. Quite interesting, actually. But a lot of memorising and detail--if you think HSC Bio is tight for space in your brain, human bio will absolutely bust your cortexes! (sorry, in bio mood right now). Ecosystems to Genes in first semester was quite ok, except for ecology, which I absolutely detest and don't get the point of (and yes, I don't go with "saving the environment" school of thought). basically, uni bio = more memorising, more sneaky questions.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Damn, I wanted to try Biology at uni but I only like stuff to do with humans but I despise learning about the environment. It reminds me too much of the nightmare that is Geography.

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Well, that's Ecosystems to Genes, and assumed knowledge is HSC Bio. However, there are some people I know who did HSC Bio and did Concepts instead because they wanted to breeze through it, and Concepts basically covers your two years of HSC Bio into one semester--genetics, some evolution, cell biology, yep. Maybe ecosystems, but I really highly doubt it. Both are fine as prerequisites for Human Biology, or any of the other uni bios like Living Systems (don't ask me what that is--a girl I know doing it is also quite confused as to what it's about!) and Molecular Bio and Genetics.

So if you want to face less chance of ecology and all that, Concepts would be good. This is all, of course at USYD--UNSW I have no idea but probably something similar too.

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
lol trust me 3 sciences are actually EASIER then taking for example one science and maybe history or something ..... its because you'll find most of the topics are interlinked, so you will have less to learn.
for example, you learn about buffers in BOTH chem and bio.
you learn about electromagnetic waves in BOTH bio and physics.
etc etc. ill actually recommend if u wanna do two sciences and dont mind it, do three! its easier to study that way ^^

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
~shinigami~ said:
Damn, I wanted to try Biology at uni but I only like stuff to do with humans but I despise learning about the environment. It reminds me too much of the nightmare that is Geography.
And that is the prime reason why I tend to avoid Biology ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)