how was first day of o-week? (1 Viewer)

henry08

HSC
N/A
I went and it was okay. Probably not as good as I thoguht it was going to be so far.

I joined tonnes of societies including:
Young labor
Greens
Anime society
Environment society
Toastmasters society
Asian catholic society
ANZ bank (opened an account with them at their stall)
Commonwealth bank (had an account so they just me free stuff)
Some gaming society
Some other religious society
+ a few other's who I can't remember lol.

I decided not to join the Marxist/socilaist societites as they looked like they would kill anyone near them.

I signed up wot the Asian catholic society not knowing waht it was. It was only when I walked past later I realized what I had joined lol. I am not catholic, nor am I Asian lol (am Caucasian).

Big bouncy slide is cool. The stall where a man has a live snake around him is just weird.

Sorry I couldn't make the O week meetup today.

henry08

HSC
N/A
I also signed up to some Chinese meditiation soceity where it is illegal in China apparently lol.
There was no Liberal society, so I didn't join that.
I also joined some career building exercise thing society.

jooyang91

HSC
anyone know how long the line for student ids were?? and is o-week the only time to join socities clubs??

henry08

HSC
N/A
Not sure on the club thing, I think most would be happy for you to join anytime.

One club seemed a bit dodgy as after I joined them they said I was their first ever member lol!

The line for student id cards was phenomenal at lunch time. Itwas out of the door of FM Assist, past the Matthews theatre doors and another 50m at least after that. The line would have been at least 150 to 200m long (this is jsut what I could see outside, the building).

Lucky I got mine last week when there were only a dozen people in the line lol.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
WHAT THE FUCK...

UNIVERSITY STARTS NEXT WEEK!?!

(That's fucking gay...)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I went there with my friends. I thought it was a pretty damn good day - met lots of new people.

I joined/expressed my interest for:
  1. Anime Society
  2. Korean Society
  3. Investment & Trade Network Group
  4. Finance Management group??
  5. Actuarial Society
  6. Business Society
  7. Economics Society
  8. OXFAM
  9. World Vision
  10. Japanese

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
HOT. :(

Mainly went in to buy a secondhand textbook from someone, and to go to a thing about essay writing (turned out to be quite good). I wanted to check out more of the stalls, pick up more free things etc, but felt so bloody hot that I couldn't be bothered and just wanted to leave before I melted into a puddle. Oh well, not UNSW's fault I guess.

I did, however, score two free miniature easily-portable no-toothpaste-or-water-required toothbrushes.

whoisurdaddy

HSC
WHAT THE FUCK...

UNIVERSITY STARTS NEXT WEEK!?!

(That's fucking gay...)
You mean "actual" uni as in lectures/tutes or just the normal week 0 restart thing?
If Uni starts next week then fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Winn

HSC
HOT. :(

Mainly went in to buy a secondhand textbook from someone, and to go to a thing about essay writing (turned out to be quite good). I wanted to check out more of the stalls, pick up more free things etc, but felt so bloody hot that I couldn't be bothered and just wanted to leave before I melted into a puddle. Oh well, not UNSW's fault I guess.

I did, however, score two free miniature easily-portable no-toothpaste-or-water-required toothbrushes.
Lol how does that work?! Sounds cool haha.
I will be there tomorrow :)

Sonata

HSC
anyone know how long the line for student ids were?? and is o-week the only time to join socities clubs??
line was down to clancy auditorium at roughly 11am how far is that?

yea was pretty hot day, must suck for those hiphop dancers dancing in the sun.
Just standing still for a moment to read around, and next thing i know im swarmed with ppl asking if their interested in joining their association/club. and yeee free toothbrush on the way back to central.
In the end was unusual experience but i had fun i guess

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
I went and it was okay. Probably not as good as I thoguht it was going to be so far.

I joined tonnes of societies including:
Young labor
Greens
Anime society
Environment society
Toastmasters society
Asian catholic society
ANZ bank (opened an account with them at their stall)
Commonwealth bank (had an account so they just me free stuff)
Some gaming society
Some other religious society
+ a few other's who I can't remember lol.

I decided not to join the Marxist/socilaist societites as they looked like they would kill anyone near them.

I signed up wot the Asian catholic society not knowing waht it was. It was only when I walked past later I realized what I had joined lol. I am not catholic, nor am I Asian lol (am Caucasian).

Big bouncy slide is cool. The stall where a man has a live snake around him is just weird.

Sorry I couldn't make the O week meetup today.
did they have one of the booths with paper money flying around that you had to catch? i won $20 last yr lol.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
You mean "actual" uni as in lectures/tutes or just the normal week 0 restart thing?
If Uni starts next week then fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
There is no week Zero this year. I've double checked with staff from UNSW. I feel your pain man.

*TehAzner defeated O-week*
*TehAzner gained 500 experience from winning and found out that Week Zero was no more*
*TehAzner learned rage*
*FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*

Danmiff

HSC
woopee!!
imma get me some free shit

*this is actually why i signed up to go to uni*

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Yeah, it was alright.

VERY hot...

I went in solely for the FBE Welcome and stuff, which was mostly good. The first half was only half FBE oriented, and then the other half was used a platform to promote the library, ARC, International Exchange etc etc. That part was boring...

I didn't really look into any societies purely because I commute 2 hours each way, and I don't think I'll be able to commit long term. I am interested in PhotoSoc though...

I went on a campus tour just to get the showbag thing lol, but it actually helped me meet another person in my degree (making friends is guuuuuud) as well as learn of a few secrets, trivia and things I didn't really know. That was quite good.

The BEST part however, is that with all the free food and drink, I survived the whole day without have to buy lunch XD Just a daytripper lol.

/rant lol

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Is there a club where you get to make stuff? If not then fuck it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)