• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How was your school day? (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
goosiegoo said:
So many english speeches! We had to hand ours in on recording... so i recorded mine today. Haha... stuffed up and started laughing in the middle of it, but oh well. I was too tired to record it for like the 4th time.

And i got a drama mark back from ages ago, 100% for an aus theatre essay?! Was so confused because i thought i'd failed. Ha.
Had our english speech back in term 4 last year. But we do have an extension english presentation coming up next week :eek:

:lol: Nice work with that essay :p

Loza33

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Had our english speech back in term 4 last year. But we do have an extension english presentation coming up next week :eek:

Yeah we did our speech at the start of this year... phyiscal journey.... grr!!! And we have an ext. english presentation of our own creative texts next term... not cool!!

But this week i had
Ext. english 400w text file yesterday
Drama prac on Aus. theatre - yesterday
Drama essay on aus. theatre - yesterday
and
maths test on friday...

8 assessments over hte last two weeks... grr..

And then my second round of assessments are done... last and final round first week next term.... grr!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Loza33 said:
Yeah we did our speech at the start of this year... phyiscal journey.... grr!!! And we have an ext. english presentation of our own creative texts next term... not cool!!

But this week i had
Ext. english 400w text file yesterday
Drama prac on Aus. theatre - yesterday
Drama essay on aus. theatre - yesterday
and
maths test on friday...

8 assessments over hte last two weeks... grr..

And then my second round of assessments are done... last and final round first week next term.... grr!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah :(

I've just done 3 assessments, with 5 more assessments to be completed this term, with 3 more before the trials next term :(

goosiegoo

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Why thankyou. Hahah.

Oh, well we did an english speech or 'presentation' for journey at the beginning of the year, and we've had another one for Harwood. But that's in the past now. Huzzah! On to frontline!

~untitled~

HSC
Had maths test today.... have a gut feeling i screwed up bad.....
ancient and music (last music assignment ever!!) assignment and composition, and biology prac next week.... Journey assesment due sometime before the end of term.... WHOHOO 2 WEEKS TILL HOLIDAYS!!

Season

HSC
had physics today

was good until about 3/4 through it where anything I put down I was just unsure of my answers... I don't know, was good until then. Then someone came out and was like "OMG HOW EASY WAS THAT!" which didn't help.

Then I just wrote an essay on hunback notre dame original vs. disney. That made me feel good, i was prepared and wrote an awesome essay about how good the disney version was.

"Justice!"

Tomorrow I have speculative essay to do and the next day its CHEMISTRY wooo yeah

and yes I too wonder why I decided to pick double english, double science and math... tis a mystery.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Got our maths results back today. I got 15/15 for the first section and 15.5/23 for the second section
So my overall mark was 30.5/38 which was the top mark. Score. Pretty happy considering the fact that i still beat people who managed to scab a few marks :)

Last edited:
HSC
Today was a good day.

I got back my leagl studies task which was on Global Environmental Law- 24/25... I lost a mark because I didn't mention an alternative to The Kyoto Protocol, not that we had to anyway. I was happy with that.

And I got 89% for my Maths test, I was spewingbecause I was half a mark off 90% but I can't really complain about 89%.

And then I found out I don't have to do my 15 minute Etx. English speech til next Friday because I am last! Yay, more time to practice!

:)

HSC
Haha yes, thats what I thought but once I started writing it it was OK- it's only about 5 pages so the equivalent of a smaller essay. But that not mentioning the fact that I was up til 5am doing it last thursday/friday morning. But yes. Writing it wasn't so much of an issue, talking for that long kinda means my vioce goes a bit shit after a while. I really don't understand why she couldn't just have us hand it up as an essay, I could have fit more in AND not risked my vocal ability at the same time, but meh.

IceOnFire

HSC
Had Maths Ext 2 and Physics assessments today.

OMG first two friggen periods. Was late for physics due to maths, therefore went into extra time.

OMG.

Why do I care so much....

:(

Loza33

HSC
IceOnFire said:
Why do I care so much....

:(
I think that every day...... or well every minute of every day... either that or "why do i bother?"... "can i do this?" or "why am i doing this?"

Maths test on friday.. freaking out... because i always do really well in maths i am freaked out.... everyone gets all :O Omg!! Loz was wrong!!! If i get a question wrong or something.. lots of pressure....

HSC
m0ofin said:
Holy crap. 15 minutes? That's a little excessive.
Nah, not really. I spoke for 21 minutes in Legal last year, and we did 10 minute speeches in Extension English this year where we all spoke for at least 12 minutes.

HSC
Shotgun Wedding said:
Nah, not really. I spoke for 21 minutes in Legal last year, and we did 10 minute speeches in Extension English this year where we all spoke for at least 12 minutes.
Hmmm. 21 minutes is up there with excessive. 15 is the longest I have ever done and judging by the painful nagging feeling in my throat, it is going to be 15 minutes of speaking WITH some form of tonsilitis. But yes. My school likes the number 15. I did fifteen in eco last year and 15 in extension last year as well....

IceOnFire

HSC
Loza33 said:
Maths test on friday.. freaking out... because i always do really well in maths i am freaked out.... everyone gets all :O Omg!! Loz was wrong!!! If i get a question wrong or something.. lots of pressure....
Lols.

I have noticed that when my friend goes, "Omg, I don't think I did that good.", she friggen kills the test.

When I do that, it's the reality.

:bomb:

HSC
michelleyeaman said:
Hmmm. 21 minutes is up there with excessive. 15 is the longest I have ever done and judging by the painful nagging feeling in my throat, it is going to be 15 minutes of speaking WITH some form of tonsilitis. But yes. My school likes the number 15. I did fifteen in eco last year and 15 in extension last year as well....
Haha, speaking is my forte, so I have no problem speaking that long. And I agree with your school, 15 is a good number.

goosiegoo

HSC
Oh, i wish someone would let me do 15 minute speeches. Ours are always five and i always complain and go overtime, and i could talk for like half an hour on some of the topics. Woe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)