How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim.Reaper

Banned
HSC
N/A
Fish Sauce said:
Nice. No one ever comes and talks to us about TAFE cause as if they cbf coming all the way here. the unis do rock up on occasion though.

Today went much better than expected, I didn't have music so I avoided being called on not having much done (although I've at least read the book we were supposed to), I didn't get two assessments back that I was worried about and I got my english one back worth 25% (more than the trials, plus it's pretty much my worst subject) and I got a 16/20. Pretty happy with that especially since as far as I know the top was 17. So yeah the day could have been a lot worse, I'm still pretty over school though. 10 weeks left (well just under, woo)

Oh and I saw King Lear last week with Ian McKellen as Lear, it was about 100 times better than any of the movies we had to watch. The guy's a pro. Costumes and sets were top notch, too.
:wave::eek::eek:

We haven't had anyone from a uni come talk to us yet... Only TAFE, private colleges, and apprenticeship people. Its terrible

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Sad Statue said:
YOU HAD TO READ A BOOK FOR MUSIC???

Obligatory lower case text.
Yeah luckily it was the topic I'm most interested in, Film Music. Pretty decent book actually. If only I'd done the other music stuff I had planned...

Grim.Reaper said:
:wave::eek::eek:

We haven't had anyone from a uni come talk to us yet... Only TAFE, private colleges, and apprenticeship people. Its terrible
:wave:

Heh that's the absolute opposite of us, we've had a bunch of unis but not one of any of the others

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
Fish Sauce said:
Yeah luckily it was the topic I'm most interested in, Film Music. Pretty decent book actually. If only I'd done the other music stuff I had planned...
YOU FOLLOW THE SYLLABUS FOR MUSIC?

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Sad Statue said:
YOU FOLLOW THE SYLLABUS FOR MUSIC?

To an extent I think

To be honest I reckon all music students could get away with not going to class and just doing the assessments. Just learn the concepts for your HSC exam and do some composition or something

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
there was a breakdown on the road so despite my efforts to be on time [slept through my alarm and had half an hour to get out of the house. that's really not possible] i was still half an hour late :mad1::mad1:

otherwise... it was alright. starting next tuesday we're starting a year 12 aerobics thing during lunch hahaha coz there's so little of us who stay after lunch for extension english :p
Damns, that sucked :(

:lol: Can I join? :eek:

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
Fish Sauce said:
To an extent I think

To be honest I reckon all music students could get away with not going to class and just doing the assessments. Just learn the concepts for your HSC exam and do some composition or something
Our teacher doesn't teach us the topics - we just do the assessments and bludge the whole time. We still got 3 or 4 Band 6s last year like that.

HSC
My day was pretty uneventful.
I've been bringing in a thermos and 2 sachets of hot chocolate to school each day, so that's been really good. :D

Oh, and at netball training tonight, we were just doing fun games, eg. captain ball and tunnel ball, and we won chocolates as prizes. :D:D

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
magpam said:
ha ok.

didn't end up handing in my business assessment late

basically period one and two. biggest bludge ever. my economics teacher randomly decided that we were going to have a picnic (actually she emailed us but i usually ignore mail from teachers). lol my economics teacher is crazy! she brought this whole picnic set. there was croissants, fruit with yougart, some portuguese thing, ricotta and spinach, muffins, some bacon/cheese/mushroom/tomato thing, coffee, tea, juice... most of the stuff i forgot the names of... my teacher is insane, cant believe she had the time to cook all that... there was soooooo much food even when we took some for recess/for friends there were still left overs. yummmmy

period three. free. bludge. did nothing but talk.

period four. free. but made an appointment with my economics teacher. lolz it was sooo funny, i learnt soo much in that period that any of my study attempts this term. she was like... "ok, have you made your notes for eco.".. and i was like... "errr no" then she was like ok have you studied for your other subjects and i was like "ummm no". it was so funny and depressing at the same time. so she told me that the best thing to do was not to just focus on one subject... she explained economics to me in a language i understand, gave me some tips on writing notes and memorising (really good ones), helped me get my notes started, gave me some summeries she has made herself and yeah. made another appointment with her on thursday :)

period five. bludge. relief teacher.

period six. bludge.

period seven. bludge.

today i got my results back from last semester for my diploma. distinction for management accounting, high distinction for accounting principles :)
That is one high quality day.

Tell you eco teacher to come to my school. I want free foods.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Sad Statue said:
Our teacher doesn't teach us the topics - we just do the assessments and bludge the whole time. We still got 3 or 4 Band 6s last year like that.
Sweet. How many people in your music class?

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
I've been bringing in a thermos and 2 sachets of hot chocolate to school each day, so that's been really good. :D

Oh, and at netball training tonight, we were just doing fun games, eg. captain ball and tunnel ball, and we won chocolates as prizes. :D:D
Oh you. :p

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Sounds like a good day magpam :)
chocolate lover said:

You're just looking for any excuse to eat chocolate now aren't you? ;)

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
Fish Sauce said:
Sweet. How many people in your music class?
Around 9, from memory.

And we've been told that we are about 10x as talented as last year. :)

HSC
magpam said:
basically period one and two. biggest bludge ever. my economics teacher randomly decided that we were going to have a picnic (actually she emailed us but i usually ignore mail from teachers). lol my economics teacher is crazy! she brought this whole picnic set. there was croissants, fruit with yougart, some portuguese thing, ricotta and spinach, muffins, some bacon/cheese/mushroom/tomato thing, coffee, tea, juice... most of the stuff i forgot the names of... my teacher is insane, cant believe she had the time to cook all that... there was soooooo much food even when we took some for recess/for friends there were still left overs. yummmmy
I wish my teachers would do that. :eek:
Sad Statue said:
SoulSearcher said:
You're just looking for any excuse to eat chocolate now aren't you? ;)
Muahaha. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)