• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepplease

HSC
Waa, it's getting to me. I love school (like SO much) but I hate the feeling of NEVER being on top of everything. My list is never freaking DONE, there is always something looming. It's so stressful. And I thought I was coping fine, until I fell asleep in class and then when I got home trying to study.. I can't afford to do bady this year. I've been doing well so far, my lowest assessment mark has been 18.5/20 and for everything else I havent lost more than 1 mark, but I'm not sure how long I can keep it up. It feels like other people must be working heaps harder. I'd be fine juggling school with extra curric stuff but ontop of that usually 2-3 hours is wasted with my parents angry at me, so then I work later at night and get tired and.... woah, ending bitchy rant there. But yes. however, my day today was quite good in general - I oragnised a guest speaker to ocme today who was AMAZING, despite the stress, I feel so inspired (check out www.bdcf.com michael, the guy who came to my school, is hte founder .. sooo amazing)

leannespeaks

HSC
Today was...i dunoo

society and culture : watched CLUELESS again and a 2000 essay task to be done next term
Biology : did some experimenty thingy on microscopes..
Ancient history( double period) start to research about our chosed preserved human remains for our group powerpoint presentation...
WE REALISE THAT RESEARCHING THE TOPIC "TAKLAN MAKLAN MUMMIES" IN LIBRARY BOOKS IS LIKE SEARCHING FOR A LOST SHEET

Legal studies : more and more work..high court here we come...wrote more lterminology stuff from the overhead..plus homework sheets

Math Gen : sucking up to the teacher to ask for some stupid questions( ugh..that was last period and my brain was already drained..)

cs01001

HSC
Integration already?

Woah, you and your school must be really really really good at Maths

van.tango

HSC
Maths was actually good today because I understood it.
I seem to understand everything in Maths; I just fail the assessments by two marks.
My assessments are so lacklustre. I hate it when I miss out on 100 percent by one flipping mark. Brings out the ugly perfectionist monster in me.
Sport was terrible. We went to a high school I shall refrain from naming in case I offend anyone and the ensuing volleyball matches were a horror. Quite frankly, any school that allows its students to swear at and border on physically abuse the teacher of any other school should not be playing sport against anyone.

cs01001

HSC
Ha, what topic in maths was that?

Yeah, I would much rather to play recreational sport than copetitive type ones. Sport tomorrow!

jkylk

HSC
School is so sad now. So sad! But holidays are coming. lol

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Study Skills Day. Went for two periods, and then we had amotivational speaker. Highlight of the day- the speaker at the end asks anyone if they have a question and someone stands up and asks "Could Jesus Microwave a Burrito So Hot He Himself Could Not Eat it? "

cs01001

HSC
An alright day

Handed in my Geography assessment task on Development

Sport got cancelled once again becuase Year 12s took the hall to do their half yearlies.

p.s.y.c.h.o

HSC
N/A
it was fun...the ITP teacher once again postponed the ITP quiz to next thursday...this is the 5th time she's done this

HSC
Kujah said:
Study Skills Day. Went for two periods, and then we had amotivational speaker. Highlight of the day- the speaker at the end asks anyone if they have a question and someone stands up and asks "Could Jesus Microwave a Burrito So Hot He Himself Could Not Eat it? "
We did the Study Skills program a week ago! It was pretty interesting actually.

Today was alright. Had an in class English Assessment. My arm still hurts.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
krazedrealitii said:
Today was alright. Had an in class English Assessment. My arm still hurts.
Good old English essays.

We got a free BBQ today, awesome stuff.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Pretty good day.

English: This subject is getting more interesting and fun by the day. We listened to a tape that was saying out the dialogue of Julius Casear rather than us reading it together in class.
Chemistry: Researched in groups about different ages of Metals. My group looked at future possible developments.
Maths: Practise past paper for our assessment task on Tuesday. Got 100% =D
Computing Applications: Finihsed my brocuhure. Now starting on a presentation on the water cycle.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Hmmm, my study skills day is going to be next term. Lagg !

Well today was bleh. 1st and 2nd was IPT. Working on excel and doing the finishing touches on my chem assignment. 3rd was english. Discussions rock cos then theres no essays ! x) 4th was Sport and we were playing hockey. Quite a fun game. :) 5th was Chem and we were supposed to have a test but the daily notice said yr 11's had an assembly. omg ! sir made us go there and waste our time and then says that we'll do the test on monday ! gosh ! what a piss off ! I'm going to dwell on it all weekend along with my Maths exam ! =( Last was engineering and we were on the computers doing research on metals. I seriously find the equilibrium diagram such a sexy piece of work ! lol seriouslyyy !!

What pisses me off today was the chem. But i guess o well ?

van.tango

HSC
We did study skills on a camp, although I'd hardly call it study skills. We just seemed to sit around and talk.
Today was rather grand. Extension English has finally picked up, we're going to watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Oh, the excitement!
English was good. We watched the end of Shawkshank Redemption... they showed it to two Advanced classes even though we're not studying it. Today we also got our copies of Othello. =D
Drama was a nice unwinding period, working still on character study in logbook.
And then finally Modern was researching into Cuba pre-revolution and then trying to decide on a topic for my historical investigation.

HSC
N/A
Shit.

Norton 360 is worse than Norton AntiVirus. (That's right, I am using Micro$oft, and software from $ymantec...) (I like AntiVirus, 'cause it's more user-friendly, albeit more resource-consuming.)

We had an assembly during 3rd period, English (so woo!, I guess); it was for rowing and the "Head of the River" GPS thing.
cs01001 said:
Integration already?

LOL.
Wait, wait, ... sorry but ... LOL. Wait, that's retarded and makes little sense ...

Talked to the resident Goth in my grade, who considers dropping out and going to TAFE to do photography ... weird. Cynicism a.k.a. Holden Caulfieldistis rubs off, to some degree, it appears. LOL.

On a more serious note, I am considering doing tuition, because I'm bored of school... and teachers don't pass the grade, IMO. Perhaps it's the school, again.
cs01001 said:
Integration already?

Okay, another attempt...
Relative to many schools, my school is really, really, really good at Maths. Integration already, yes.
Kujah said:
Highlight of the day- the speaker at the end asks anyone if they have a question and someone stands up and asks "Could Jesus Microwave a Burrito So Hot He Himself Could Not Eat it? "
Paradox=1
Universe implosion=1

Oooh, church...

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Alright. Nothing much i can about it though.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
van.tango said:
Today was rather grand. Extension English has finally picked up, we're going to watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Oh, the excitement!
We watched the 1920's Frankenstein, funniest thing i've ever seen, and to think that people fainted when watching this movie! Hell, you had the whole class laughing (small class mind you).

Last edited:

van.tango

HSC
S1M0 said:
We watched the 1920's Frankenstein, funniest thing i've ever seen, and to think that people fainted when watching this movie! Hell, you had the whole class laughing (small class mind you).
Yes, my class watched that too! It was hilariously bad. Couldn't stop laughing.

cccclaire

HSC
I skipped school today, didn't really feel like going for just a double english period and then a long assembly.

But the other day my class watched some modern version of frankenstein.
It was pretty awful too.
Suprisingly the books actually really good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)