HPV Vaccinations (1 Viewer)

justCARLA

HSC
I'm getting my 1st one in about 3 weeks... i'm not too good with needles... ran away from the doc trying to give me them when i was little and have been scared ever since!

the 2nd one is the day before our formal...! hopefully I won't get a bruise from it and will be able to move my arm....

Sofstar

HSC
Had mine a week ago. It does hurt AFTER the liquid stuff goes in. My arm was pretty dead after it.

ellie572

HSC
i am petrified of needles is there anything i can do before mine so it wont hurt as much? its tomorrow...

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
dun look at the needle..

its easier to give needles? so mabbe u should give the vaccine instead =P

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
I didnt bruise/bleed...

But maybe that was because i didnt tense my hand/arm...

just try and leave it limp...

though i still got this acute strip of pain right down my arm to my hand..

but it was fine a couple of minutes afterwards.

SunkistAngel

HSC
I had it last Monday, unfortunately wasnt well until Friday, i tend to get reactions to vaccinations as i have had a few in the past. Sucks during hsc year, i cant afford to have a week of school every time i get a vaccination and a reaction as a likely occurence, so i went to my doctor and decided i would wait until after hsc exams to get the rest of them, even if i have to start the course again.
Reactions are rare though, and vaccinations i believe are very important, so take the initiative to protect yourself..and be brave gurls ;)

bshoc

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't trust the government if that was me, especially with a recent and poorly tested vaccine such as this ..

Remember, the polio vaccine also created the AIDS virus ..

trao06

HSC
ahhhh

is it true they leave the needle in you for like 2 mins?

i dont get why this needle would hurt more than others..

0_o im scared lol

PrettyVacant

HSC
trao06 said:
ahhhh

is it true they leave the needle in you for like 2 mins?

i dont get why this needle would hurt more than others..

0_o im scared lol
Pfft.
WTF.

Why the hell would they leave it in your arm for 2 minutes?

=P Be more sceptical about what you hear, honestly.

PrettyVacant

HSC
PrettyVacant said:
Pfft.
WTF.

Why the hell would they leave it in your arm for 2 minutes?

=P Be more sceptical about what you hear, honestly.
Oh btw.

The answer to your question is:

"No, they don't."

FugitiveGirl

HSC
LottoX said:
Firstly, AIDS: Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome; is not a virus. HIV is though.

Secondly, that theory has very little or no basis.

Thirdly, the government is paying for the virus and all healthcare needed to deal with any side-effects of the vaccine. I don't think they're going to just Release a menace into society for the kicks.
But if it's a new vaccine, then doesn't that mean that the government/medical people don't know about the vaccine's long-term side effects?

PrettyVacant

HSC
FugitiveGirl said:
But if it's a new vaccine, then doesn't that mean that the government/medical people don't know about the vaccine's long-term side effects?
Yeah, you'd know more than the "government/medical people". If they're going to spend like 40 million dollars injecting lots of people, they're not going to have loose regulations or anything.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Loal But Then You Would Probably Be Exposed To The Hpv Virus Then?

FugitiveGirl

HSC
LottoX said:
Okay, you wait 40 years to get the vaccine to observe the long-term side-effects (If there are any at all, which is most probable).
Who said anything about 40 years? I meant just like 3 years or so, plus its going to be a waste of the vaccine if you're not going to be sexually active during the time you're protected by the vaccine.

PrettyVacant

HSC
FugitiveGirl said:
Who said anything about 40 years? I meant just like 3 years or so, plus its going to be a waste of the vaccine if you're not going to be sexually active during the time you're protected by the vaccine.
Loal, "waste of the vaccine".

A free vaccine is a free vaccine.

I hate needles, but it's paid for by the government.

What are you wasting?

SunkistAngel

HSC
FugitiveGirl said:
I find that comment rather ignorant. Although someone can plan to not have sex during that time, we all know that plans do not always go to plan...this vaccine protects whether u choose to have sex or not ie. if your sexually assaulted or raped, so more likely you meet someone and change your mind and 'forget'.
I take this precaution as a responsibilty that comes with being involved sexually with someone, you use contraception to prevent pregnancy and STDs, you take vaccines to prevent life threatening illnesses. Is that a waste of time?

cupcake08

HSC
PrettyVacant said:
Loal, "waste of the vaccine".

A free vaccine is a free vaccine.

I hate needles, but it's paid for by the government.

What are you wasting?
just because the vaccine is free for us, does not mean it doesn't cost money.

i think she meant government pays thousands of dollars to get everyone injected - and pays for it using taxpayers money - therefore we indirectly pay for the vaccine. thus isn't it a waste of vaccine/taxpayers money to inject people who will not be sexually active in the time period specified?

and yes i agree with the poster above, most people from a certain age bracket should probably get it regardless of whatever their intentions are now. but i dont think there was anything wrong with what the original poster said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)