HSC 2012 Timetable (Sorted By Scaling) (1 Viewer)

smartalec

HSC
question guys, how is SOR2 good scaling? I got a raw exam mark of 88 and I ended up only getting 90 for my exam mark?

smartalec

HSC
If it does turn out that you have two exams at the same time (and it will happen for some students) then you would do one in the morning, remain under supervision and do the other one in the afternoon, having had no contact at all with anyone who might have seen that paper.

It happens to some kids every year.

yeah, but thats for like the real rare combination. For example, two years ago my friend did CAFS and Physics. Biology and IPT is quite a common combination.

liangson

HSC
im feeling so bad now, i even need to play footy for merrylands this year, omg, how can i do so much thing together

dawooddaman

HSC
How would History Extension and Economics possibly have a higher scaling then Mathematics and Physics? When history extension and economics ONLY requires you to get/remember a basic principal, were on the other hand physics and mathematics has 100s of 1000s of complex calculations and much harder principals to wrap ur head around.
so can someone please explain why this is true?

barbernator

HSC
How would History Extension and Economics possibly have a higher scaling then Mathematics and Physics? When history extension and economics ONLY requires you to get/remember a basic principal, were on the other hand physics and mathematics has 100s of 1000s of complex calculations and much harder principals to wrap ur head around.
so can someone please explain why this is true?
your argument is invalid for one. "complex calculations" as opposed to "basic principals" is very wrong. but scaling is determined by the performance of a certain subject cohorts performance in english so it is indirectly representative of the cohorts relative ability

edit: create your own thread if u want to know, dont flog others

Last edited:

Skeptyks

HSC
Thanks for the order of scaling, didn't realise until now that economics had better scaling than physics.

lm199

HSC
what do you need in general maths and standard english to get 80+

khfreakau

HSC
I might have misread the scaled number on the table but can you please check this document. http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/atar/2011_HSC_Table A3.pdf

Chemistry 31.6
English Advanced 32.0
Economics 31.5
I don't think you quite understand the concept of scaling - to use that table efficiently, you have to look at the difference between the hsc mean and the scaled mean, not just the scaled mean. the difference between the two shows you how much the subject has "scaled down" on average. just looking at the scaled mean and comparing them is similar to just looking at the hsc mean and comparing them. it doesn't work that way.

Neva

HSC
N/A
I can pretty much be dead sure that Bio is at 9:25 am on the 19/11/2012, so the date you got for IPT is most definately wrong.
No the date is correct but the time should be 13:55 (not 09:25)

Cheesecake_a

HSC
Hye History extension looks pretty good. May keep it then, I shall see.

coolstuffbro

HSC
Did physics drop scalings ? I thought physics is scaled higher than chemistry ? :speechless:

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Does Extension 1 English scale higher than Ext2 because in 4u english there is this major work which everyone gets high in?
I know next to nothing about the 4u english course though except that there is a major work in it.
So can someone explain why Ext1 eng scales higher than ext2 eng?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Did physics drop scalings ? I thought physics is scaled higher than chemistry ? :speechless:
Physics used to scale higher when there was much less written questions and much more calculations. The Board of Studies is stupid and think that writing is more important than calculations in Physics...

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Physics used to scale higher when there was much less written questions and much more calculations. The Board of Studies is stupid and think that writing is more important than calculations in Physics...
QFT

Im pissed with the Board of studies syllabus for the sciences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)