HSC General Maths Marathon (1 Viewer)

monsta4lyfe

HSC
Looking at patterns in each of the exams. For instance, EVERY YEAR (except for maybe one or two years) they've asked a question on capture, re-capture.

Going through the last major questions of each exam (normally its Q. 28). Its always the question that stumps every general student, the question that requires the most 'freestyling' in your answers (and was my weakest area in trials :/).

Basically, going in with a logical and clear mind. 2hrs 30 minutes is enough time to be going through each question being careful not to make silly mistakes.

DJ696

HSC
Looking at patterns in each of the exams. For instance, EVERY YEAR (except for maybe one or two years) they've asked a question on capture, re-capture.

Going through the last major questions of each exam (normally its Q. 28). Its always the question that stumps every general student, the question that requires the most 'freestyling' in your answers (and was my weakest area in trials :/).

Basically, going in with a logical and clear mind. 2hrs 30 minutes is enough time to be going through each question being careful not to make silly mistakes.
Thanks for the tips :)

hayleyemma96

HSC
I'm rank 1/52 with average of 95%. Dropped from 2-unit in Year 12. Aiming for Band 6 with 95+ just to keep average up. Hoping for state rank so fingers crossed.

Hayley :)

Tacoo

HSC
Still can't get over the ambiguity of the present and future value annuity questions. It's a comprehension test (a hard one at that) and it's annoying af lulz.

Anyone know a decent way to differentiate between them when they're somewhat ambiguous?
Generally the questions will say 'So and so has to save...' or 'So and so borrows...'

Thats how you differentiate between the two.

Future value - Saving up
Present value - Borrowing

ashley95g

HSC
What exactly do west need to known for the hsc exam? I've kinda just studied a little bit of everything but I'm not sure If I'm even studying the right area.

DancingAnz

HSC
I'm actually so retarded at maths when it comes to money. Everything else is sweet but as soon as i start seeing dollar signs my brain turs to absolute mush!

I was just wondering, when working out credit card intrest to you include the day they bought the item AND the day they paid in the calculation? Or is it just one or the other?

moocow920

HSC
Gen Maths not on formula sheet.jpg

I made myself a little summary sheet of things that are not on the formula sheet that would be good to remember and thought I would share in case it is useful for anyone else. My handwriting and drawing is not great but hopefully someone finds it helpful

DJ696

HSC
View attachment 28829

I made myself a little summary sheet of things that are not on the formula sheet that would be good to remember and thought I would share in case it is useful for anyone else. My handwriting and drawing is not great but hopefully someone finds it helpful
sweet thanks a lot dude :) how's your studying going along? :)

Been doing past papers and multiple choice is the only thing that is frustrating :)

moocow920

HSC
sweet thanks a lot dude :) how's your studying going along? :)

Been doing past papers and multiple choice is the only thing that is frustrating :)
Pretty good, I'm averaging 93-95% in past papers under exam condiditions so if I get a similar result in the exam I will be really happy. I actually love multiple choice for maths I do it in about 10 minutes so I have more time for the other questions. What are you finding frustrating?

DJ696

HSC
Pretty good, I'm averaging 93-95% in past papers under exam condiditions so if I get a similar result in the exam I will be really happy. I actually love multiple choice for maths I do it in about 10 minutes so I have more time for the other questions. What are you finding frustrating?
I did 2012 past paper and got 83/100 :(

Its not frustrating, I sometimes miss the key concepts of the question leading to choosing the wrong answer :(

It takes me good 20 mins to do MC :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)