Hsc in one week! (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I was shocked haha, usually my school are pretty relaxed and just let me do whatever the hell I want, I didn't realise I could actually fail over a silly thing like only showing up to 20% of my English classes in term 3. This is ridiculous haha
;) I especially like teachers who let me do what I want...

mreditor16

HSC
hahahaha :p

enough derailing

-----------------------------

Okay so i've seen in past (trial) papers, that they ask for a speech in belonging instead of essay, however i've also seen them ask for a speech in creative writing section...

What do you think?
won't happen, guaranteed.

Just half?

Silly mreditor :p
stop flirting :lol:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
my s looks like a 2 in chem because i have this ridiculously feminine loopy swirly handwriting (think french script font. Then make that even worse.) and in my half yearly i wrote so2 for sulfur dioxide and lost a mark because my stupid handwriting made it look like 8o2 (as in 8 oxygen molecules for non chem kids)

5,2,Z, S all look very similar :I

SuchSmallHands

HSC
;) I especially like teachers who let me do what I want...
That's most of my teachers haha, they're a bit like 'yeah whatever, we can fight but it's not really worth it'. And for EE2 when my teacher didn't stick to that line of thought I walked out of his class and never went back again for the whole year, so they're probably right to think it's not worth it haha

mreditor16

HSC
lol my tutor gave one piece of valuable advice the other day - if there is a quote as stimulus for creative writing and it asks you specifically to include it at the beginning, just put in the beginning and then do *** and then continue your creative as normal. probs the marker will think it is a deep and meaningful prologue. :D

HSC
alright guys, quick vocab test. (HPF im expecting you to win) who can find a better word or way of saying

one either abides by societal rules and regulations, abandoning individual beliefs, or voices their individual attitudes and beliefs

The bold part. A word, or perhaps a nicer way of saying it without sounding repetitive.

I actually have something different to the bold part (still a tad repetitive) in my original essay, but this sounds easier to understand what im getting through.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
lol my tutor gave one piece of valuable advice the other day - if there is a quote as stimulus for creative writing and it asks you specifically to include it at the beginning, just put in the beginning and then do *** and then continue your creative as normal. probs the marker will think it is a deep and meaningful prologue. :D
If you want to go whole new levels of deep, sketch out an image stimulus as your prologue. That'll take them aback.

QZP

HSC
5,2,Z, S all look very similar :I
Also u and v and 4 (the other type)
ALSO c, C and (
also my x looks like a u (not sure if others experience this problem)

Hence maths becomes confusing when its like solve 25uc = 4vc(C + 5Z)/vS

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Guys when they say to use the stimulus as the "central element" of writing, does it mean thqt it literally has to be the focus or your piece? Or can it just be like a motif/figurative representation
I had a teacher who absolutely slammed this in trials. I didn't even have a prepared response, I literally based the entire creative around that picture in the CSSA trials of a guy whose face you didn't see. I made my story about a girl who doesn't feel feminine enough (so doesn't fit in/belong whatever) and laments that for the whole creative and then at the end, you metaphorically 'see his face' for the first time because I revealed he was actually a trans man. Not enough explicit reference. Deducted one mark. Not a single person got 15 because none of us had enough reference. And that marker is on the EE1 exam committee frequently and is often one of the most senior markers for EE1

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Also u and v and 4 (the other type)
ALSO c, C and (
also my x looks like a u (not sure if others experience this problem)

Hence maths becomes confusing when its like solve 25uc = 4vc(C + 5Z)/vS
You understand my struggle.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Yeah I'm not preparing beforehand either, so wow okay you really do need it as the central element! thanks ssh :) i should probqbly practice LOL
Same marker gave me 25 for my EE1 creative that I thought had less relevance to the stimulus though, so I guess even for English this area's a little subjective. Did you do EE2 hpf?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)