HSC & IQ (2 Viewers)

Kikkoman

HSC
Re: Who got 100 UAI in 2008?

In the Simpsons, Hawking was said to have 280... but then read again...
In THE SIMPSONS, ...

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A

Kikkoman said:
With the IQ debate, I think I've heard that Stephen Hawking's IQ is freaking unbelieveable, over 200.
Yeah, but he would need special provisions, so the media would brand him a "rorter".

shaon0

HSC

LordPc said:
lolz, hawking is no where near that

Da vinci was around 220, possibly the greatest mind to have ever lived.

no way hawking is 230. he is smart, but 230 is ridiculous, I think he was quoted to have something in the high 200's on a simpsons episode though, so perhaps there was some confusion ;)
There was this guy, i forgot his name. He had an IQ ranging from 270-300.
He went to Havard at the age of about 12 and tutored in the maths department but was bullied so he left Havard. he ended up writing a lot of essays ranging from history to vehicles.

LordPc

HSC

shaon0 said:
There was this guy, i forgot his name. He had an IQ ranging from 270-300.
He went to Havard at the age of about 12 and tutored in the maths department but was bullied so he left Havard. he ended up writing a lot of essays ranging from history to vehicles.
I believe his name was Sidis.

William James Sidis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

His story is an interesting read, too bad he died so young though.

lionking1191

HSC

addikaye03 said:
lol yes it has been tested and validated. He was offered a position in Menca (school for geniuses in US). and yea ive never been professionally tested or anything, i done the test on the net once and got 135, but i think average is 104 so ill take it lol
it's mensa. and it's not a school, it's a society.

badquinton304

HSC
HSC=Measure of time mangagement and hard work
IQ=Measure of certain types of intelligence

Steven Hawkings IQ was tested around 160-170, when his disability started, he took it because he feared his disability would be a detriment to his mental capacity.
Da Vinci being at 230 seems inflated, probably fans of Da Vinci got excited when coming up with a number for his IQ.
If you were to test Einsteins IQ I think it would be around 140-150, because IQ tests are under time restrictions.

Last edited:

dp624

HSC
Anyone taken the facebook ones?
lols

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I tried, then in the end they asked for my mobile no. so ehh....
I got the tickle one though, but I think they deliberately inflate it to make you buy report.

qmaz

HSC
last time i measured (off tickle, so its probably 10-15 points lower) was 141

so that would put me into the top o.x% of the population?

got a UAI of 96.55

just putting this out there for anyone who wants to do a case study or something lol

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
At the end of the day, both IQ and UAI don't matter. Why try to make a relationship then?

Unless you are like really really smart with IQ over 200 that was measured from some reliable institutes, we don't care what you really have as your IQ.

If you really want to show off your IQ, show us some proofs that you got that certain IQ with a certifacate of proof from some reliable institutes such as MENSA. But then, even those institutes' ways of measuring IQ is not really good anyway. So it's not that reliable anyway.

HSC
Do the many flaws with IQ tests need to be pointed out? No, you all know them, especially the people bragging (then trying to play it down in a way to make themselves appear unaware of their supposed superintelligence).

One of the people with the highest measured IQs in the world is a bouncer who supports intelligent design and thinks "you can prove the existence of God, the soul and an afterlife, using mathematics". Good luck champ.

nisseltaria

HSC
The Tickle test, while moderately amusing, could only ever be valid for persons of averarge or near-average intelligence (possibly 70/80 - 120/130), and that would rely on the removal of score inflation.

LordPc

HSC
tickle tests are in no way accurate. how could they be?

the whole site is aimed at people with below average IQs who mindlessly give away personal information to a site that can apparently give you a detailed report of your intelligence based on an online test

nisseltaria

HSC
LordPc said:
tickle tests are in no way accurate. how could they be?

the whole site is aimed at people with below average IQs who mindlessly give away personal information to a site that can apparently give you a detailed report of your intelligence based on an online test
The questions are such that they could be used to estimate average iqs or differentiate between average and extreme. However, due to score inflation and some issues relating to range of questions asked, etc, it does not even do that and is certainly no substitute for a professional evaluation.

I'm slightly odd in that I find statistics entertaining. The ways in which people classify and attempt to examine intelligence are especially so. The evolution of IQ from a measure of likelihood of failure in school (without early intervention) to bragging game reads like satire.

And I have a little bank of valid but defunct email accounts to let me feed my hobbies.

dp624

HSC
kevinx2 said:
dp, IQ us pl0x :)
Can't, never taken a test.

I don't trust online ones, where i usually end up going eh, i'm bored now, let's guess the last few questions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)