HSC Journal (1 Viewer)

Live

HSC
This thread entails the events which will occur as I embark upon my HSC journey (I felt the need to compose one on the Internet).

Subjects taken:
Standard English, Mathematics(2 unit), Information Processes and Technology(IPT), Information Technology(IT), Business Studies, Visual Arts.

Ranks will be posted when I receive my report lol

..LET THE GAMES BEGIN

hehe

End of Prelim year ranks
English: 45/284
Maths 2unit: 16/26
business studies 12/64
IT 8/64
IPT 3/26
Visual Art 8/80

Half yearly ranks
UPDATE: Ranks >
English: 16/284 (not sure of exam mark)
Maths 2unit: 11/26 (half yearly mark 70%) wtf
business studies 8/64 (exam mark 80%)
IT 2/64 (half yearly mark 82%)
IPT 2/26 (half yearly mark 75%)
Visual Art 1/80 (exam mark 88%)

Trial ranks
UPDATE: Ranks >
English: 19/284 (71% trial exam)
Maths 2unit: 8/26 (85% trial exam)
business studies 3/64 (98% trial exam )
IT 2/64 (85% trial exam)
IPT 2/26 (85% trial exam)
Visual Art 1/80 (94% trial exam)

HSC final results
English: exam mark 89, assessment mark 76, final mark 83
Maths: exam mark 79, assessment mark 87, final mark 83
IPT: exam mark 89, assessment mark 88, final mark 89
Business studies: exam mark 95, assessment mark 93, final mark 94
Art: exam mark 94, assessment mark 94, final mark 94
IT: exam and final mark 88

NSW 2013 ATAR: 92.75

UPDATE: (10th April 2013) Goals for Term 2 holidays
(30th April) What I got done: Ipt (1/2), Maths (4,4) still lacking in maths though, Business studies finance revision complete, IT (0/2) lol, Art assignment notes 85% complete (but the actual assignment is not completed yet).

UPDATE: (4th May 2013) made a $50 bet with a friend on who gets a higher exam mark on the very next maths exam. He's very cocky

UPDATE: (16-20th May 2013) I lost $50 bet, I got 75% he got 82%, (about only 2 marks difference). Made another $50 bet for trail exams.

UPDATE: (22nd July 2013) Trial exams begin

UPDATE: (31st July 2013) Trial exams end.

UPDATE: (2nd September 2013) Rank update

UPDATE: (27th December 2013) HSC results and atar

Last edited:

Live

HSC
day 1
IPT: Project management, databases and communication systems summary notes

Maths: Series & Trig summary notes

English: "Into the world" related text analysis, probably going to do Shawshank Redemption

would take only 3 hours altogether hopefully

Last edited:

Live

HSC
day 2
Business studies: finish off finance function revision booklet and maybe go over some past papers

Maths: briefly going over some past papers

IPT: examples of communication systems detail notes

would only take under 3 hours altogether hopefully

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
If you want it as bad as you want to breathe! You'll get it :)

planino

HSC
Make sure you check out the resources on this website too, they're bound to help you greatly :)
Also, the HSC online website (hsc.csu.edu.au) has nice notes for many, many subjects so be sure to check it out. And don't be a lazy ass like I am

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I have a mountain of HSC resources ! Most of which I cannot give out (don't want to get sued)...

Heydosaurus

HSC
I too attended a 200+ school, graduating last year. We have a couple of courses in common, in Standard English and IPT. Just because you're at a 200+ school doesn't mean that you're going to do bad in those subjects at all. It's all on you how you go! With a decent amount of effort, I was able to achieve a band 5 in English, and with very minimal effort, I achieved a band 6 in IPT. Just put in the effort that you know you need to and you'll get there.

In Engineering Studies, I performed like rubbish in the half yearly year 12 exam, achieving 48%. I was able to make up for it by actually studying for the following exams and achieving the potential that I had from the very beginning. My HSC examination mark for Engineering Studies was 91, showcasing this. Provided you put the effort in, you can certainly achieve your goal.

Heydosaurus

HSC
I too attended a 200+ school (by the way, I am very offended at your implication that anyone who attends a school of such ranking has a low IQ), graduating last year. We have a couple of courses in common, in Standard English and IPT. Just because you're at a 200+ school doesn't mean that you're going to do bad in those subjects at all. It's all on you how you go! With a decent amount of effort, I was able to achieve a band 5 in English, and with minimal effort, I achieved a band 6 in IPT. Just put in the effort that you know you need to and you'll get there.

In Engineering Studies, I performed like rubbish in the half yearly year 12 exam, achieving 48%. I was able to make up for it by actually studying for the following exams and achieving the potential that I had from the very beginning. My HSC examination mark for Engineering Studies was 91, showcasing this. Provided you put the effort in, you can certainly achieve your goal. Good luck! =)

Last edited:

Live

HSC
I too attended a 200+ school (by the way, I am very offended at your implication that anyone who attends a school of such ranking has a low IQ), graduating last year. We have a couple of courses in common, in Standard English and IPT. Just because you're at a 200+ school doesn't mean that you're going to do bad in those subjects at all. It's all on you how you go! With a decent amount of effort, I was able to achieve a band 5 in English, and with minimal effort, I achieved a band 6 in IPT. Just put in the effort that you know you need to and you'll get there.

In Engineering Studies, I performed like rubbish in the half yearly year 12 exam, achieving 48%. I was able to make up for it by actually studying for the following exams and achieving the potential that I had from the very beginning. My HSC examination mark for Engineering Studies was 91, showcasing this. Provided you put the effort in, you can certainly achieve your goal. Good luck! =)
That's extraordinary! :D

And I wasn't to referring to the students as a whole who attend 200+ schools to have average IQs, I was referring to only mine. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
But on a different note, I was once informed that those who attend selective schools must acquire an IQ of 140+? I'm highly sceptical of that.

is it true?

madharris

HSC
N/A
I was once informed that those who attend selective schools must acquire an IQ of 140+? I'm highly sceptical of that.

is it true?
HAHAHA! no! :p Many people from selective schools probably have a <100 IQ

On another note, congratz on your marks and ranks!

Live

HSC
Day 3
English: (into the world) supplementary text essay

Business studies: homework.. :)

Art: finishing off drawing of Andy Warhol.

Shazer2

HSC
They're pretty good marks! I wouldn't say you're unintelligent. Good work :)

HSC
Good luck mate. I am glad you didn't choose to go down those horrible life ending paths.. Your marks are really good at the moment! Just try your best, keep your head up and you'll get to where you want to go in life with that determination :)

Frostbitten

HSC
That's extraordinary! :D

And I wasn't to referring to the students as a whole who attend 200+ schools to have average IQs, I was referring to only mine. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
But on a different note, I was once informed that those who attend selective schools must acquire an IQ of 140+? I'm highly sceptical of that.

is it true?
No-one successful is there because they were naturally smart, they are there because they have a dog-with-a-bone attitude. The HSC rewards hard work far greater than natural talent.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
HAHAHA! no! :p Many people from selective schools probably have a <100 IQ
Doubtful. The selective schools test is effectively an IQ test. And the way IQs are scaled is to make 100 about the mean. If selective schools are really 'selective', they wouldn't be taking people with average IQs in.

Michelle Lin

HSC
As someone who's in a selective school I can vouch that I have people in my grade asking what a thesis is days before an exam.

Last edited:

Frostbitten

HSC
Doubtful. The selective schools test is effectively an IQ test. And the way IQs are scaled is to make 100 about the mean. If selective schools are really 'selective', they wouldn't be taking people with average IQs in.
What about the students entering in from year 7 who lose interest? I'm sure there would be a decent amount of them, tragic genius's lol. Although maybe not, only selective school students could make such a call.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
As someone who's in a selective school I can vouch that I have people in my grade asking what a thesis is days before an exam.
Ever heard of a snake? They must be one of them lol. Basically someone who says they haven't studied etc, but in reality they have been studying hard out in an attempt to put everyone else off. An example on here would be Spiritual Being, aka CBA prodigy, project2036 and antisocialunsw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)