HSC Markers (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Define 'easy'.

They're not there to screw you. They're not there to make your life easy either.

kaur154

HSC
Like they are less strict and are more lenient towards giving marks...

taeyang

HSC
Like they are less strict and are more lenient towards giving marks...
Put it this way, they are looking to give you marks, not to take them off you like your teachers. It is a totally different mindset.

lockedbox

HSC
the markers will want to give you marks, but they're not allowed to give them out cheaply. Some markers are tougher than others, but I'm pretty sure that the papers will pass through a rediculous amount of hands before the mark is finalised

K

khorne

To be honest, it should be like the ol' soviet union. Back in those days, we used to have a little yellow pocket at the back of the exam, and you'd put a couple of hundred rubbles in there as insentive to mark easier. Should be like that.

Chrissiee

Frost Yourselves
HSC
markers dont want retards to get into uni either... we are the future, eliminate the weaklings -.-
But na i know markers and most are chill.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
markers dont want retards to get into uni either... we are the future, eliminate the weaklings -.-
But na i know markers and most are chill.
ATAR is just a rank, even if the markers marked easily as long as the same standards were used for all marked papers in that subject it wouldnt matter.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
They try and give you marks - but if they need to bring down the average mark on a certain question then they will start marking tougher

packwolf

HSC
It has a lot less to do with what the specific marker feels you deserve than it has to do with what the BOS prescribes as the marking criteria. My bio teacher said every year there are some questions that the markers aren't entirely happy to mark a certain way. but hey, they get paid well haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)