HSC Marking Centres (1 Viewer)

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Just out of curiosity, how many marking centres are there, and where are they?

Also, approximately, how many markers are there for subjects such as english or mathematics?

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I think for maths they allow you to take the papers home to mark aslong as you don't do it at school/whilst teaching.

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Ah ok, that's dodgy imo, pretty amazing that they don't seem to lose anyone's papers.

Any answers to my inital question?

ya_mum

'When there's a will, there's a way' - MOI
HSC
I think they would be destroyed after a while, but some people have been able to obtain their test papers back due to some law like freedom of expression or something. Not sure though.
If you want to get yours back, you could try contacting bos.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I think they would be destroyed after a while, but some people have been able to obtain their test papers back due to some law like freedom of expression or something. Not sure though.
If you want to get yours back, you could try contacting bos.
And also paying a fee.

NewiJapper

HSC
I went to a day where there was a senior marker for 2Unit maths. There are 12 teachers allocated to each question from Q1-Q10,so there are 120 teachers all together marking the 17000 or so papers. Firstly they work out their own "sample" answers, which sometimes is one of the many ways to do a question, and they mark some of them with papers infront of them in groups and some at home which have been scanned onto the computer.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
there's definitely one in north rocks, my st john ambulance division covers a first aid duty for their marking. in case they get papercuts or something, I guess :\

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
Either Bathurst or Lithgow as well for English. (not sure exactly which one)

annagurl

HSC
N/A
I know this is a stupid question, and i'm probably going to get hated on for being such an idiot...
But hypothetically, if someone was to hijack the van carrying the HSC papers and steal the completed HSC papers whilst they were being taken to the marking centre, would the students have to re-sit the exam?

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
I know this is a stupid question, and i'm probably going to get hated on for being such an idiot...
But hypothetically, if someone was to hijack the van carrying the HSC papers and steal the completed HSC papers whilst they were being taken to the marking centre, would the students have to re-sit the exam?
Well i cant see why they wouldnt have to sit the paper again.

There was a thread a while back about hijacking a truck but i think that was in reference to the paper before you sat the exam (on the way to the testing centre or from the printing centre)

annagurl

HSC
N/A
Well i cant see why they wouldnt have to sit the paper again.

There was a thread a while back about hijacking a truck but i think that was in reference to the paper before you sat the exam (on the way to the testing centre or from the printing centre)
But that's not fair if they got to do it twice, because by then, they could have studied their weaknesses as they know the exams content.
If I was the head of bos and that happened, i'd have made a back up paper and made them sit that :D

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
My teacher told me once the papers were stolen so the students had to sit a different exam (this was before the exam day though).

notsureifsrs.jpg

annagurl

HSC
N/A
My teacher told me once the papers were stolen so the students had to sit a different exam (this was before the exam day though).

notsureifsrs.jpg
lol. How the heck do you steal all the HSC papers if they've been distributed to thousands of schools the day before the exam? You'll not only have to be a ninja, but you'll have to be at like 398504395843 places at once.
I doubt it :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)