I feel sad, No motivation to study. Im behind in all my subjects help (1 Viewer)

-LOL

HSC
N/A
I feel so overwhelmed

I have a month to go before school starts and i have a lot of catching up to do

Im still in week 5 in my subjects, im behind by like 6 weeks
Im gonna fail so badly. I haven't studied since the beginning of the holidays and i should

this is my only chance i can catch up otherwise im fuke-d...
How can i motivate myself to study for the next 4 weeks, :cold:

help :(

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Then get back to work by actually doing something, rather than trying to garner sympathy on a random online forum.

-LOL

HSC
N/A
y u mean, i was askin for tips to help me study

Jaymay

HSC
Start studying.

The hardest part for me was sitting down and actually starting. Its not supposed to be easy. So sit down and grind it out

Aysce

HSC
I agree with Aerath (not being mean). Do you want to fail? Do you want to be a miserable puddle of nothingness? I suppose not. As you said, this is the only chance you can catch up, so knuckle down and take that chance or I guarantee you that you will be feeling even worse when the half yearlies roll right in.

zombies

HSC
Don't ask on ways to motivate.. you just have to sit down, right now, and get started. Nothing else to it.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
If you're 6 weeks behind, i would be extremely worried if I was you. You should be off the internet and start something pretty soon. You're competing against people in the state who are nearly finished some of the subjects by now. As Aerath said, no one can help you here and we will not give you sympathy. However, motivation is the most crucial thing and you will need alot of it throughout the HSC, motivation was the key driver for me throughout the HSC. Also it's never too late to start studying as maybe you have only wasted about 10-20% of your internal weighting,focus on your half yearlies soon which approaching. I started studying properly if not hardcore in term 2 of the HSC, although i did a bit of study throughout the year which kept me on track with my cohort.

Good luck

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I feel so overwhelmed

I have a month to go before school starts and i have a lot of catching up to do

Im still in week 5 in my subjects, im behind by like 6 weeks
Im gonna fail so badly. I haven't studied since the beginning of the holidays and i should

this is my only chance i can catch up otherwise im fuke-d...
How can i motivate myself to study for the next 4 weeks, :cold:

help :(
You have to find motivation yourself as it varies from person to person.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
1. Have you organised ALL your notes etc from last term? If they are then you have done something - give yourself a pat on the back. If not do so - now you have achieved something and deserve a pat on the back.
2. Print out the dot point pages from the syllabi of your courses and tick off what you know - another small thing but again shows that you have done something.
3. Highlight the things that you should know but don't - the stuff your classes have covered - now you know what you have to do in the next month.
4. Set aside a set time each day to work on catching up and tick off each dot point you should know now but don't when you do know it and feel good as you tick off more and more.
5. When you finally catch up - take a day off and start getting ahead.

Last edited:

emamab

HSC
N/A
If you're 6 weeks behind, i would be extremely worried if I was you. You should be off the internet and start something pretty soon. You're competing against people in the state who are nearly finished some of the subjects by now. As Aerath said, no one can help you here and we will not give you sympathy. However, motivation is the most crucial thing and you will need alot of it throughout the HSC, motivation was the key driver for me throughout the HSC. Also it's never too late to start studying as maybe you have only wasted about 10-20% of your internal weighting,focus on your half yearlies soon which approaching. I started studying properly if not hardcore in term 2 of the HSC, although i did a bit of study throughout the year which kept me on track with my cohort.

Good luck
Sufferers of basementitus

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Fuck we've got 1 MONTH. Calm the hell down and get back to work m8.

jnney

lemon
HSC
just set realistic goals for yourself. write down everything you need to do and cross them off as you go.

is there something in particular you want to study after school? getting into medicine is my motivation.

stop giving yourself excuses and get to it.

Examine

same
HSC
just set realistic goals for yourself. write down everything you need to do and cross them off as you go.

is there something in particular you want to study after school? getting into medicine is my motivation.

stop giving yourself excuses and get to it.
This

jnney

lemon
HSC
why dont you do a little research and find out then?

we all need to know what we are working towards to become successful.

Aysce

HSC
i don't what i want to be yet
br8, you don't need to know what you want to be. People don't even know when they're in the middle of uni, so just work and if you happen to get a good ATAR that will mean you have a wider range of choices to choose from. Based on your circumstance, thinking of what you're doing is going to waste your time. What your mind SHOULD be on is the work you're meant to catch up on.

ReneeApple

HSC
Just sit down and tell yourself you can study for 10 minutes. Doesn't seem like much, easy enough.

Once that 10 minutes is up you've already got momentum so it's easier to keep going.

Aysce

HSC
Does that work well? I might try it ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)