Intelligence (1 Viewer)

Guesss

HSC
the library
Oo
hehe, maybe?

But you can't talk in the library...the librarians tell you to stfu. :eek: hehe

Nah srsly most of the guys at the library are imports with accents, not very attractive to me, and most of the time, the intelligent guys dont go to the library cause they know its a pick-up joint? hmm i dunno just assuming.

BTW Shady do you go to the library to find intelligent girls? :p

Uni libraries might be a good place, when i get to uni, but for now public libraries arent very great :(

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
Okay... I think intelligence is one of the important factor which attracts one's attention. No one likes a dumb person. For me, I'd like a partner who's more intelligent than me and I learn something new from him everyday!

zaxmacks

HSC
hmm depending on what you consider 'hot' that could be debatable.

But in general i agree with you. So now i ask: where do the hot+intelligent ppl go?
I actually saw a reeeeally attractive girl at Gosford Library once; though she didn't come in for any books, she went on onto the computers for myspace... lol

shady145

Banned
HSC
hehe, maybe?

But you can't talk in the library...the librarians tell you to stfu. :eek: hehe

Nah srsly most of the guys at the library are imports with accents, not very attractive to me, and most of the time, the intelligent guys dont go to the library cause they know its a pick-up joint? hmm i dunno just assuming.

BTW Shady do you go to the library to find intelligent girls? :p

Uni libraries might be a good place, when i get to uni, but for now public libraries arent very great :(
ahah, my town library is quite loud :s so they don't tell you to stfu

lol, nah i dnt think there's many smart people in my area... and i hardly go to the library :p...most of the time its jsut to get a quick ice cold drink... it makes your lips numb :)

I actually saw a reeeeally attractive girl at Gosford Library once; though she didn't come in for any books, she went on onto the computers for myspace... lol
LOL

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Intelligence is definitely attractive, especially that passionate, geeky kind of intelligence which leads a person to be curious, inquisitive and open.

Many such people are indoor bookworms that are hard to come by in the urban wilderness. Note also that intelligence is not typically worn on the sleeve in the same way as beauty (alas!).

Bananaberry

HSC
intelligence is attractive imo. id rather date a guy with a uni degree than a tradie.
which pretty much rules out all guys i know.

My fiance is a tradie. He finished school in year 10, and is honestly one of the smartest people I know. I know heaps of dumb people with uni degrees. Having a uni degree does not always equal intelligence, and it does not mean you know everything, only what you studied really.
Also, its not the type of intelligence that comes with having a uni degree, it's more the type of intelligence that comes with excellent common sense, knowledge of the world and whats going on. He's interested in things like alternative religions and evolution etc...most of it goes over my head.

He also earns shit loads more money than most people with a uni degree.

williamc

HSC
Sure he might earn a fair bit of money for a tradesmen, and sure he might be reasonably intelligent

That still doesn't discount the fact that the majority of tradies are; as a whole unintelligent, and on average earn lower incomes than people who did go to uni. Education is a good measure of intelligence. Well it is at least in my world. To be perfect honest, out of all the tradies i know, and i know a lot, none are as intelligent as say my uni friends.

They do what they can, with what they were given. Good on them.

on-topic

intelligence is a very attractive asset.

Last edited:

boganxcore

HSC
yeah my guuurl gotta be intelligent

must be able to quote the solubility rules while im hitting that

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
yeah my guuurl gotta be intelligent

must be able to quote the solubility rules while im hitting that
Hahahaha also got to be able to explain what influences fiscal strategy over drinks :p Maybe not, I don't want another me, but knowing a bit of maths would be nice :) we could do sudoku over dinner! Nice ice breaker lol. *awkward silence* So I've been doing this problem...

But yeah it's not so much intelligence as to have an interesting brain with opinions, rather than just learning stuff in school but not thinking beyond school and into religion, politics, but mainly religion :D Worldviews are important after all.

Bananaberry

HSC
Sure he might earn a fair bit of money for a tradesmen, and sure he might be reasonably intelligent

That still doesn't discount the fact that the majority of tradies are; as a whole unintelligent, and on average earn lower incomes than people who did go to uni. Education is a good measure of intelligence. Well it is at least in my world. To be perfect honest, out of all the tradies i know, and i know a lot, none are as intelligent as say my uni friends.

They do what they can, with what they were given. Good on them.

on-topic

intelligence is a very attractive asset.
On the whole, trades people earn a heck of a lot more money. The conditions they work in, the hours contribute to it alot. My fiance makes about $3500 a week before tax. I've had a few bf's that have been tradies (becuase it was the primary industry around my area). They are not unintelligent at all. To work as a trademan you still need to do an apprecticeship and go to TAFE.

I think its a huge and stupid generalisation that people think tradies are unintelligent and earn less. Most people don't know really what it involves.

It's just another career path. It's not they are not smart enough to go to uni, its more so that they don't want too becuase assignments and exams and lots of writing is not for them.

I'd rather have a man with good common sense, knowledge about whats going on around him and that can do stuff, is not afraid to get dirty and take care of a household.
There are many forms of intelligence.

Last edited:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Intellegence is a must. I don't like talking to someone and feeling like I'm talking to a donkey.

Then again, I'm not that intellegent anyway lol.

proletariat

HSC
Intelligence is heaps important :D especially since I'm a nerdy man who likes to discuss and argue stuffs :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)