International/global studies & law at USYD/UTS/UNSW (2 Viewers)

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
I think you should try to do your course at UNSW or USyd. Most of the courses you are looking at are near-identical at both UNSW and USyd from what I've heard, and USyd and UNSW are both high quality universities for arts, law, etc.

So it really just depends on what you personal preference is for university. Consider social aspects, post-graduation opportunities and travel time to choose between UNSW and USyd.

Also congrats on being able to choose between great universities. :)

I'm looking to do combined law, but I'm only able to do it at UNSW. I'm also trying to decide between arts, communication, media, etc.

Anyway, good luck with your decision.

Last edited:

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
There are UTS grads working in top tier firms ...? There's UWS kids as well. If you're interested in working in legal practice or business you can get there from UTS, UWS, Club Mac or all sorts of places. I used to have the usyd attitude as well. Then I realised it wasn't true and that semesters spent in the Storie Dixon building dreaming of being in a Russian bomb shelter instead didn't actually make me smarter, better or more capable.

On the other hand if you're a complete spud it doesn't matter whether it's a lion or an anchor at the top of the piece of paper.

Not to say that Flamearrows is. He's clearly a smart bunny. But he'll do well because he's a smart. So can you.
Yeah, there's both of those breeds, but they're few and far between. Top tier clerks are overwhelmingly USyd or UNSW. As I mentioned in another thread, particularly if you've got investment banking or consulting ambitions then UTS will make what is already a real serious struggle even more struggleworthy. Regardless of how bright your bunny is.

I guess my point is that the Go8 universities aren't a magic bullet but they help.

And I have no idea what the access scheme is. My age is showing :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)