• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Interracial relationships (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
wafflesnsorbet said:
Interracial relationships... is wishful thinking. Honestly. I'd love to believe in it as well. But I think we're just programmed (by society) to thinking in segregational racial terms.
I'm so out of it today so I could be misinterpreting

Just to nudge you a reminder, interracial relationships do exist. I'm in one, and have been for 3 years come october. So I don't see how its *wishful thinking* or how you're *unable to believe in it*

wafflesnsorbet

HSC
Rephrase: Acceptance of interracial relationships is wishful thinking. They do exist, and I reckon the offspring are usually gorgeous. :) But how much do the parents have to sacrifice? I don't disapprove. Actually, I heartily approve. But reality intervenes. Society intervenes. Don't tell me that people don't make snide comments about it, because they do, either to your face, behind your back, conciously or subconciously. Just because the comments don't have malicious intent doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. I've seen the product of interracial relationships. Even inter-class relationships. Sure, there are exceptions to the rule. There are people who are genuinely happy, and I am very happy for them. But at the same time, there are people who are desperately unhappy, who hold this amazing ideal that can never be met. It is a terrible thing, but one that has to be acknowledged. Australia may be a multi-racial society, but there is an extent. We segregate ourselves.

Captain Gh3y, you're being sarcastic, right? Or tryhard. You aren't even funny. Honestly. Or even faintly amusing.

Except for this line:

Genetics means everything, I mean, you pretty much are your geneticses. Like for instance, carrots have 50% of the same DNA as us, well, you're not a carrot are you?
Now, that is funny. ^^

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
For the above, it may be true for a lot of contrasting races, such as mine: chinese-australian with ango-australian (who was born in PNG anyway) but you would come across the same things between a Greek and Italian: both european heritages.... you will find that migrant families think moreso this way, and gradually fades with each generation, or they will prefer you to go with your own race as parental instinct but not really mind *what* you end up with.

I personally feel that people are becoming more accepting.

And besides, I know interracial couples that really fought it out: were really patient with each others parents and spent years at it until they all finally accepted one another. I don't think you should quit a good relationship if at the time no one accepts it. It is as with age gaps, general personality clashes etc. If I brought a man 4 years older than me, with tattoos everywhere but was the most genuine man in the world, of course there will be people saying stuff, but as long as you have patience, people may be willing to accept.

Besides, apart from your family, if you care what other people think then its issues within yourself, rather than anything to do with your relationship with another.

Last edited:
HSC
nothing wrong with it.
i think its cute.

i love seeing interracial couples.
its cute!!

they produce pretty kids!

asian + caucasian babies = adorable x 10000000000000 + infinity!

PrettyVacant

HSC
T-mac01 said:
You obviously haven't met any hot asian guys that are tall and handsome. But then again, judging by your words, you're probably a blonde asian or at least some asian chick that try to be blonde. If that's the case, you're in for a real treat when you get married. Just get ready for a divorce certificate if they actually issue one. Biatch. I take no emotions out of me when I screw chicks like you.
Yeah.
I know a girl like that.
She pisses me off, a lot.
And she tries to disassociate herself from Asian friends.
And sucks up to all the white girls, who think nothing of her.
And she constantly says, "OH MY GOD, THAT'S SO ASIAN!"
It's like, "WAKE THE FUCK UP! YOU ARE ASIAN!"
Yeah, okay.

Last edited:

cuendillar

HSC
N/A
Wow.

This thread has amazed me.

It is interesting to read the rainbow of opinions about which race/culture/enthicity is superior, who has bigger penises, who has bigger EGOS...

I for one am not going to get fired up over this whole thing, but I will be blunt with what I have to say.

No race is 'superior' to another simply because they are generalised as being better looking, better endowed, smarter or whatever. There are the great and not so great of every enthnicity. If you happen to have a PREFRENECE for a certain kind of girl or guy, this is just a PREFERENCE. It is not set in stone, it is not absolute, but rather what experience and outside influences have taught you.

At the start of this thread an asian girl proudly talked about loving aussie guys, having grown up in a caucasian neighbourhood. I can relate to this, having almost no asian friends through primary and most of high school, in some ways rejecting my own culture, my thousands of years of Chinese inheritance, which I simply threw away in order, as I saw it back then, to fit in with my mates and my social circles growing up.

Fast forward a few years, and I am realising how important it is now to know my inheritance, my history. I have one foot in the door of both eastern and western culture. Someone said it earlier, australia doesnt have a culture as such, not in the way that the chinese, greek and other ancient civilisations do. To be australian is to be laid-back, easy-going, fun-loving and generally not caring about stress or worry. If anyone has a better way of saying what australian culture is, tell me. Or better yet, post it on a new thread.

For me, Australia has borrowed so much from american capitalist mentality. And lets face it, its not like the u.s. is steeped in history either. Christopher Columbus crossed the Atlantic only a few hundred years ago. We take so much from hollywood and big business and call it culture? The way that people speak in Sydney, is becoming more and more like, like, like LA man!

But getting back on the thread, interracial relationships...

In my experience, there are many roadblocks to couples from different backgrounds. But nothing that cannot be overcome if both parties are willing to be open and talk about it. I myself have been seeing aussie, brazillian, irish, french, korean and even a mauri girl. I know so many asian guys that would love to sleep with, or have a longterm relationship with caucasian girls, but dont have the belief that these girls desire them.

Its years of social influences, and negative reinforcement that prevents them from experimentation in this area. But they cant help but be attracted to these girls... why? its not because caucasian girls are genreally objectively hotter than asian girls, thats a matter of PREFERENCE. The reason is hollywood. Everyday we are bombarded with sexual advertising, most of which showcases gorgeous WHITE girls wearing versace dresses or covergirl makeup. We are what we repeatedly do, or in this case we desire what we always see. Why are white girls perhaps seen as generally the most attractive? Its advertising.

I would love to see more of my asian guy friends open up to the possibility of relationships with white girls. Like Russell Peters said, why try to maintain your bloodline's pureness? One day, everyone will have paleish yellowish, brownish skin anyway.

:)

funkyj

HSC
cuendillar said:
Wow.

This thread has amazed me....

Its years of social influences, and negative reinforcement that prevents them from experimentation in this area.....

I would love to see more of my asian guy friends open up to the possibility of relationships with white girls. Like Russell Peters said, why try to maintain your bloodline's pureness? One day, everyone will have paleish yellowish, brownish skin anyway.

:)
me2, reading some of the posts cracks me up especially those that stereotype. Didn't have the time to read the entire thread but I think I can pretty much grasp the rest from your posts.

Agreed with what u're saying. On that matter, do u think it's easier for the girls? Like since I've been here, I've seen more asian gals with caucasian guys than asian guys with caucasian gals.

Isn't that's whats happening already with the notion that brown skin is more healthier, spending hours trying to catch the sun and instead catching Cancer! Now who is more SUPERIOR!...... :D J/K

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Bendent said:
T-mac01 said:
You obviously haven't met any hot asian guys that are tall and handsome.
i have. there are so many. mm korean. asian guys are babes but im biased so yeah.
is that ekin cheng by any chance
if not then it does look like him
maybe its just me

Gurlpower

HSC
if i was asian id be pissed off
stand up and reclaim your girls back now.

inter racials will never work.

50% of ppl hate them and sneer at them when they walk by, its only the pc crowd thats made them scared to step out.

but the bad day always comes............

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
interracials will never work?

do you know how many people will go "oh I'm half asian" "I'm half lebonese" "I'm half italian" "I'm half irish?"

Open your eyes

50%? Wow stop dragging random numbers from your ass. I love asking people what their background is when I can't figure it out and its something cool like "I'm half saudi arabian, quarter asian, quarter irish" and they're the most beautiful thing I've come across.

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
love_muscle said:

inter racials will never work.

50% of ppl hate them and sneer at them when they walk by, its only the pc crowd thats made them scared to step out.

but the bad day always comes............
im asian, but that doesnt mean i dont like non-asian girls
in fact my friend. whos viet is similar to me in that we tend to like caucasian girls much more than asian
and you cant say that inter racial relationships wont work, and just because it might not work for you doesnt mean that it won't work for other people.
and also i would get your facts researched before posting it......

RiCkiE

HSC
yeah thats the same as me...and it annoys me when people say asians aren't as well endowed, or are really short and stuff like that :mad1:. Generally asians who've grown up here are like the same size as everyone else...though it does surprise me whenever i go to an asian country and i'm towering over all the adults :D feels good :p

cuendillar

HSC
N/A
love_muscle said:
Why?

Again it is a matter of PREFERENCE. Some white guys like, or even have fetishes, for asian girls.

The reverse is true. Some asian guys really like white girls.

Many asian guys I know could open up to seeing girls who are white/latino/insert non-asian backgroun here.

Its IRRELEVANT, guys that see ethnicity as a barrier, its only mental, and can, and has been overcome.

I would be willing to bet that the majority of people on this thread saying interracial relationships wont work, are people who are friends mostly with those in their own cultural groups.

I believe the opinions voiced here simply depend on how open one is to meeting people and learning from other cultures

Last edited:

funkyj

HSC
Well I see a lot standing up now but wrong claim!...... hehe. :D

love_muscle, I don't think any asian here is pissed especially by comments made by some redneck who can't look past their own ignorance.

wafflesnsorbet

HSC
Some white guys like, or even have fetishes, for asian girls.
And le gasp, are we supposed be flattered by this? Just go to any random poor Asian country, and you'll see these fat, ugly Euro men, with their arms wrapped around some skankily dressed Asian chick. If that's the kind of relationship you're referring to, I, for one, don't want it.

It's not about sex. You can stick your dick in anything. It doesn't mean you respect it. And ultimately, relationships are about respect, so how can there be a relationship if white guys look down on us? Literally, figuratively... etc... etc?

Its IRRELEVANT, guys that see ethnicity as a barrier, its only mental, and can, and has been overcome.
And true love conquers everything, totally.

I would be willing to bet that the majority of people on this thread saying interracial relationships wont work, are people who are friends mostly with those in their own cultural groups.
No, I have friends from a very diverse range of cultural groups. One of my closest friends is a mix. From what I can see, there's nothing wrong with the relationship with her parents. But she's Southern Asian, so it may be a little different for her.

vorahk

HSC
im asian and im with a brit, hotter and cuter, but i gotta say, sometimes we dont fit in together as well, like she doesnt know my asian songs... etc etc, but yeah shes fun and great ^^.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
wafflesnsorbet said:
And le gasp, are we supposed be flattered by this? Just go to any random poor Asian country, and you'll see these fat, ugly Euro men, with their arms wrapped around some skankily dressed Asian chick. If that's the kind of relationship you're referring to, I, for one, don't want it.
So you're equating all inter-racial relationships with Thai sex tourism? Clever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)