iPhone or not? (1 Viewer)

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
For those who bagged out the nokia n85 a few pages back, its not crap trust me. It has soo much features on it to personalise the phone. I say this as i had an lg viewty previously.But yes the n85 build quality is not great, but hey it works great for me and looks excellent

Also im not really against mac items, its just that i seem to find that the iphone's lacking features as camera, software support etc turn me off it. Also a friend of mine had an nokia n73 then bought the iphone, he regrets the change.

RGB

Custom User Title
HSC
For those who bagged out the nokia n85 a few pages back, its not crap trust me. It has soo much features on it to personalise the phone. I say this as i had an lg viewty previously.But yes the n85 build quality is not great, but hey it works great for me and looks excellent

Also im not really against mac items, its just that i seem to find that the iphone's lacking features as camera, software support etc turn me off it. Also a friend of mine had an nokia n73 then bought the iphone, he regrets the change.

My friend does IT and has the Nokia n85, so it must be a good phone his really phone savvy. I am not sure though cause both Nokia and iPhones are Made In China but to what i know being a salesman, the iPod is either designed crap or has quality control issues in China as I've had a customer replace it twice so they really won the benefits of extended warranty. :)

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
My friend does IT and has the Nokia n85, so it must be a good phone his really phone savvy. I am not sure though cause both Nokia and iPhones are Made In China but to what i know being a salesman, the iPod is either designed crap or has quality control issues in China as I've had a customer replace it twice so they really won the benefits of extended warranty. :)
I've seen customers replace nokia phones in excess of 5 times under warranty. OFTEN. The N85 certainly isn't terrible, it just isn't in any way remarkable either. Another run of the mill symbian handset. I also have no idea why people with phones like this go on about the iPhone having outdated features, the feature set on the N85 is almost identical to that of the N95- a handset released in March 2007.
Nokia is in fact the slowest manufacturer to introduce in their handsets the features consumers actually want. The most prominent example is their failure to release a touchscreen phone until the end of last year- the usability and feature deficient 5800. This is why they are rapidly losing market share to Samsung, LG and Apple. This is is all made much worse by Symbian, an outdated chore of an OS with a miserable UI. They are the only one of the big five not to be adopting Android.

Nokia is sooooo 2003. Move on.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
I've seen customers replace nokia phones in excess of 5 times under warranty. OFTEN. The N85 certainly isn't terrible, it just isn't in any way remarkable either. Another run of the mill symbian handset. I also have no idea why people with phones like this go on about the iPhone having outdated features, the feature set on the N85 is almost identical to that of the N95- a handset released in March 2007.
Nokia is in fact the slowest manufacturer to introduce in their handsets the features consumers actually want. The most prominent example is their failure to release a touchscreen phone until the end of last year- the usability and feature deficient 5800. This is why they are rapidly losing market share to Samsung, LG and Apple. This is is all made much worse by Symbian, an outdated chore of an OS with a miserable UI. They are the only one of the big five not to be adopting Android.

Nokia is sooooo 2003. Move on.
I had an LG touch screen before and it was released same year as my nokia and it was no way close to the features and specs of n85. Now the n95 was the older version, with older symbian that has less features (i know because we had a n95 before). Now the n95 was released in 2007, it was really advanced for its time with 5mp camera, wifi etc. Now the nokia n80 an older nokia was released back in 2006 with wifi, 3.2mp camera (we owned one) its features for back then were outstanding, since it was so hi-tech back then models now still contain the same features like wifi etc, what else could a phone have today? Improved camera? which nokia already has done.

Samsungs arent really quality either and the top samsungs use symbian (found in nokia n, e series).

Last edited:

RGB

Custom User Title
HSC
I had an LG touch screen before and it was released same year as my nokia and it was no way close to the features and specs of n85. Now the n95 was the older version, with older symbian that has less features (i know because we had a n95 before). Now the n95 was released in 2007, it was really advanced for its time with 5mp camera, wifi etc. Now the nokia n80 an older nokia was released back in 2006 with wifi, 3.2mp camera (we owned one) its features for back then were outstanding, since it was so hi-tech back then models now still contain the same features like wifi etc, what else could a phone have today? Improved camera? which nokia already has done.

Samsungs arent really quality either (i can get someone to back me up on that soon) and the top samsungs use symbian (found in nokia n, e series).

Most of our customers have told me the battery life sucks but overall they're fine except for a few of their slide phones like the G800, they have a dodgy designed video connection and break over wear and tear of about 2 years average use or even less if you always use it on a daily basis. In my case the screen was not operational within the first minute out of the box. So either quality control or bad design because many customers of this mdoel of phone has had the cable replaced.

Sony Ericsson are suppose to have the best battery life but Sonys are like apples overpriced average quality products. Use of marketing to make the non-Tech-Savvy consumers buy em. but some consumers aren't stupid they just want to spend lots ofr nothing to prove they have money, lol

Last edited:

johony

HSC
iphones per se aren't that fantastic. it's (as many have mentioned) the apps, the user experience and the support which makes the phone such a pleasure.

a lot of the new 'feature-packed' nokias look great on paper due to the features, but in actual practice the poor usability of these features make it a frustrating experience. 3rd party software for symbian nokias is best described as embarrassing.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
lol.

yeah, you're spot on - software is the achilles heel of the iphone. /sarcasm

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
im too scared to even go near an iPhone now, it might harm me.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
[youtube]UlzoL-wQwio[/youtube]

THIS is how you use an iPhone.
I've seen my friend use a similar app to this on his iPhone. XD It's retarded.

^ For the Cyanide and Happiness picture above. !!! RoFL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)