iPhone or not? (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
^ i want!

old iphone was crap, as u can see from the following table which ive posted up a few times before, but is appropriate for this thread:

css

HSC
Come now, we ARE talking about the 3GS nowadays... Surely that elicits some more ticks.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
and anyways, a jailbreaked iphone 3g could do all those things anyway, cept the memory cards bit...

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
the stone you can slip through prison more easily than iphone
And a stone can save your live / start a fire / knock someone unconscious.

Iphone = expensive paperweight ;o

i love my phone though. Samsung F330. I've only seen one person (which was a random on the train) have the same phone

johony

HSC

i love my phone though. Samsung F330. I've only seen one person (which was a random on the train) have the same phone
yeah because F330s are pretty mediocre :/

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
personally iphones are crap for the price. It hasnt got half the features my nokia n85 has, which is 1/2 its price. The n85 even came with 8gig memory card.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
personally iphones are crap for the price. It hasnt got half the features my nokia n85 has, which is 1/2 its price. The n85 even came with 8gig memory card.
It has many more features than an n85 :confused:

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC

heaps of people have F330's. in year 12 alone at my school theres atleast 5 or 6 guys with it

seriously, free on the $59 cap inc data from optus is not expensive. the only main competitor to the iphone out there atm is the nokia n97, which is just a tad bit more expensive but with heaps more features but no established app store and seamless interface that the iphone has

johony

HSC
The n85 even came with 8gig memory card.
such a shit argument. kinda desperate sounding seeing as the N85 sucks.

3's iphone pricing out tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laika_

Banned
HSC
Hey guys i have been thinking of getting an iphone on like a $79 plan because it would save me money in credit etc and they are look nice etc

but i am worried about the durability of a touchscreen phone. I work as an engineer and i carry my phone in my pocket with tapes, hammers, nails etc and it gets knocked into stuff, and used when i have dirty muddy wet etc hands so i cant see it lasting too long. Iv got a nokia 6300 now and im very happy with it, except iv only had it for a year and its already starting to die due to abuse lol, its only not smashed because it is steel, the back and corners are pretty dented lol.

Anyway obviously i would try to be a bit more careful with an iphone but yeah i dont think it will last a month.

wot do u guys think

Laika_

Banned
HSC
will it cope with being submerged in mud or dropped repeatedly or hit with a hammer?

Edit: because thats basically what i asked, not if it was cool you spick

css

HSC
such a shit argument. kinda desperate sounding seeing as the N85 sucks.

3's iphone pricing out tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
waaaitt
isn't it the 17th?!

johony

HSC
waaaitt
isn't it the 17th?!
release on the 17th, pricing tomorrow.

did you sign up for updates? apparently if you did you can pick it up early on the thursday.

Laika_ said:
will it cope with being submerged in mud or dropped repeatedly or hit with a hammer?

if you really want one, you can get tough, durable cases for it - otherwise its not going to last very long in those conditions you have described

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

I wouldn't get one if I were in your situation tbh, but there are some covers out there that are shock/water resistant.

Something like this could do the job, it scored well in customer reviews although it doesn't provide screen protection and mud/water would kill it quick.

Here's another option, would offer more protection than the one above. Personally i'd go with something like this.

They ship worldwide, otherwise there's an Australian company called dCoDa Technologies that is listed on their website as a retailer. These guys are repairers, so i'd call them and check if they have stock first.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I was hoping to be able to chuck out my iPod. Damn.
Chuck out your ipod? Give it to meee. Lol even though I already have one and it apparently is my username too.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
3's pricing is out bitchez and hoes

iPhone Pricing
Mediocre IMO.
Weren't they supposed to be better than Optus and Voda?

Still, the existing customer offers are okay.
Meh, doesn't really matter to me now anyway, I left 3 for the 32gb 3GS on Optus Timeless $99 (Still easily the best offer on the market for the 32)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)