• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

iPhone or not? (3 Viewers)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
3's pricing is out bitchez and hoes

iPhone Pricing
its about time...
hmm, might go for $14 on $49 cap with 750MB data..

btw, i dont get the last row, spreading the cost over 24 months?? does that mean for the 3GS 16GB its $40 p/m with no included calls??

johony

HSC
Mediocre IMO.
Weren't they supposed to be better than Optus and Voda?

Still, the existing customer offers are okay.
Meh, doesn't really matter to me now anyway, I left 3 for the 32gb 3GS on Optus Timeless $99 (Still easily the best offer on the market for the 32)
yeah, i definitely thought it might've been seeing as they had extra time; but i guess not. i'm an existing customer so it doesnt matter anyway.

electrolysis said:
btw, i dont get the last row, spreading the cost over 24 months?? does that mean for the 3GS 16GB its $40 p/m with no included calls??
it refers to existing customers who might want to just add the phone on top of their existing contract or plan. essentially its the outright cost of the phone itself (with 1gb data) over 24 months. plus interest.

Last edited:

css

HSC
Pricing :D
I can keep my prepaid cap. Such good value imo.

iPhone, yeaaahhh.

css

HSC
release on the 17th, pricing tomorrow.

did you sign up for updates? apparently if you did you can pick it up early on the thursday.
I signed up for those updates ages ago but I never got a single email. Irritating.

sarah333666999

HSC
its about time...
hmm, might go for $14 on $49 cap with 750MB data..

i got a hiptop for my birthday from my mum, then i got an iphone 3gs from my dad. i prefer the iphone alot because the apps are so addictive, but if its internet that you want a phone for you should get the hiptop. its a $30 plan with unlimited internet and unlimited txt to any network.
im selling my hiptop for around $300 o.n.o if you would like to pst me

johony

HSC
I signed up for those updates ages ago but I never got a single email. Irritating.
same.
just wait, they'll have details soon enough.

now i really fucking regret going on a new contract 2 months ago :mad1:

css

HSC
same.
just wait, they'll have details soon enough.

now i really fucking regret going on a new contract 2 months ago :mad1:
:/
any way out? or is it one of those "pay $500 to get out of this cruddy contract plus the price of a phone you no-longer want" jam

johony

HSC
nah, i'm just going to get the iphone outright, then sell my 5800 or give it to brother/mum. annoying though, because its something i wouldn't have had to pay for if i waited a bit.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
i got a hiptop for my birthday from my mum, then i got an iphone 3gs from my dad. i prefer the iphone alot because the apps are so addictive, but if its internet that you want a phone for you should get the hiptop. its a $30 plan with unlimited internet and unlimited txt to any network.
umm no thnx :)

iphone 3gs coming my way 17th july~~~ :D

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
IT'S NOT EVEN 3G, let alone HSDPA.

Why
are people so stupid

css

HSC
The hiptop is a piece of crap designed to attract dumbass 12 year olds and people who don't know better.
They break, are hard to use, are motorola (>_<) and aren't worth anywhere near what they're selling them for.

danz90

HSC
I really wanna buy an iPhone outright, but on the Optus site it says they are OUT OF STOCK - does this mean they are out of stock only on the online store?
hmmm maybe it'll be better if I buy direct from apple, since its $20 cheaper than optus - unless optus can give me some awesome bonus.

jaredtomas

HSC
Vodafone is still best value IMO.

I can't remember if I mentioned this, but if you're an RAC/NRMA/RACV etc. member you get 10% off your bill + 2 months free if you sign up for Vodafone.

johony

HSC
sup guys
if you haven't noticed 3 have dropped their prices probably due to the sea of complaints on whirlpool

anyone getting one tomorrow? i might call india today to see if i can get the cost shaved down as per a loyalty discont.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
sup guys
if you haven't noticed 3 have dropped their prices probably due to the sea of complaints on whirlpool

anyone getting one tomorrow? i might call india today to see if i can get the cost shaved down as per a loyalty discont.
Yeah, only found out about that after i got there... and WTF, there was a massive line outside the 3 store on the friday, they only had 20 iphone 3gs 16gb and 10 iphone 3gs 32gb... had no chance :( and its still out of stock >.<''

there was also a special offer to current 3 members to upgrade for only $25 (iphone 3gs 16gb) on any existing plan....

johony

HSC
got mine last sunday

have not stopped playing with it since. so good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)