• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Iranian woman faces stoning for adultery (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
PrinceHarry said:
Reformist in Iran are not separate branch of Islam but rather muslims of the same sect, notably Shia Islam (the same as ruling hardliner).

Originally intended to provide legitimacy to what would otherwise be illicit affairs, the practice of temporary marriage has become a threadbare cover for prostitution and an under-the-table means of social welfare for poor women. The participants no longer follow the rules, which call for a mullah to read a particular blessing.

Not surprisingly, they have few options for preventing pregnancy or disease. According to official health ministry statistics in Iran, each year some 90,000 women apply for abortions at hospitals, and every day 221 abortions take place. Though no one claims these abortions stem directly from temporary marriages, health ministry insiders suggest prostitution may be to blame. Shahrbanoo Amani of Tehran, a member of the Iranian parliament, told reporters last year that "because temporary marriage is by definition temporary and is not a permanent agreement, usually men in this marriage do not like that a child is born. And in a case of unwanted pregnancy, the first victim is the woman, and the second, the child." http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0113,fard,23415,1.html

More information http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikah_Mut'ah

Iran's Interior Minister, Mostafa Pour-Mohammadi, has started promoting temporary marriage as a solution to the country's social problems. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6714885.stm

It is quite clear that it is NOT just a few muslim doing it. It is a de facto state policy, a perfectly legal marriage under Islamic Law.

He said not to generalise against Muslims

An article regarding a few people in one country doesnt represent every muslim

In fact, its less than 1 percent

jimmayyy

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I don't like muslim extremism either but they aren't bothering me so I have no right to complain or force my beliefs on them.
they are "bothering" the basic human rights and dignities the majority of the world have sworn to protect (see; UN charters on death penalties, human rights, cruel punishments etc). we a human race we have pretty much condemned this sort of thing.

i think as human beings we have every right to complain when a people go so totally against the human rights system we have attempted to build for half a century. i also dont think anyone expressing outrage or trying to save this woman from such a fate consitutes "forcing beliefs on them" - i think it represents the widespread and overwhelming refusal to accept that in the 20th century in a reasonably developed world, people are being stoned to death

jimmayyy

HSC
Napier via banco55 said:
:
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."

exactly what im getting at. sharia law and the muslim social paradigms accept, encourage and promote cruel punishments. the majority of the west condemns it. they may well continue to live as savages, barbarically executing people in the face of world outrage (as you point out, we can't really "stop them") BUT we will continue to express that outrage - and advocate measures to put a stop to it.

it is two social systems that are diametrically opposite. of course we aren't going to resolve it.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Jordan.J said:
Thanks for confirming.

I said its banned, but you tried to prove me wrong yet in the process confirmed what I said

:rofl:
I did not try to prove you wrong, I proved the HYPOCRISY of Iranian ruler letting you know that While alcohol is banned it is widely available and muslims are drinking alcohol just as people in the west, contradicting their own Islamic Law. Get that Idiot :rofl:

Yes it does

You claim the burqa is enforced, so you need to show me evidence in Iranian law where the burqa is forced on every women.

You have failed to do this
Yes it does for Idiot who dont know what islamic dress code is, you probably needs to be told how to spell Burka as well. Burka is the dress code for women under Islamic Law, Iran impose Islamic Law on dress.

Now, you ran out of excuses after initially denying Burka is enforced, then demanding it is enforced on EVERY WOMEN. I Cannot meet and talk to every WOMEN in Iran however there are plenty of evidence on the news how Women not covering their heads are beaten in public and detained by Police. But some wholesome news for you
With Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's ascension to Iran's presidency, there has been a marked change in the country's stance on a number of issues. One such issue concerns a new domestic crackdown on women who do not follow the strict Islamic dress code. Teams of patrols are seen on the streets of Tehran, and in some other large cities, busting young girls — in some cases boys — and taking them into detention. Offenders are sometimes even struck with police batons.
http://www.worldpress.org/Mideast/2334.cfm
He said not to generalise against Muslims

An article regarding a few people in one country doesnt represent every muslim

In fact, its less than 1 percent
I did not said all muslim does this and does that. It is NOT just done by a few people, it is a de facto state policy, promoted by its presidents and ministers. In a country where you claimed marriage is valued, yet they accept a one hour marriage for a a fuck and perform more abortion than in Australia.

And where is your source for Your FACT that it is done by less than 1 percent, since you love demanding evidence?

HSC
The punishment has been around for a long time, the woman should have known what the punishment was before she became an adultress.

blahmeh said:
Also I think the reason why muslims stone for adultery in this world, is so that the person pays for their punishment in this world and not the next (hell,) so then it brings a whole new debate if the lady believed in heaven/hell, was willing to die so she could wipe that sin.
Agreed. Except i think they take the law into their own hands in Iran, and living there she SHOULD have known the punishment. I don't really think she would have had much say in the matter, and since she was living with the guy i doubt they handed themselves in.

Why isnt anyone mentioning the guy? He died the same way!

PrinceHarry said:
Yes it does for Idiot who dont know what islamic dress code is, you probably needs to be told how to spell Burka as well. Burka is the dress code for women under Islamic Law, Iran impose Islamic Law on dress.
It's burqa, not burka.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burka
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burqa

Under Islamic law aye? Where in the Quran does it say that?

Aryanbeauty

HSC
An Iranian girl arrested for not wearing islamic dress by Moral Police and shoved into a police car. http://youtube.com/watch?v=jbxgX-Y6ux4

Another iranian woman protesting islamic dress code http://youtube.com/watch?v=qKtpVYGY9dY

A girl attacked some islamic religious nuts who complained about her dress http://youtube.com/watch?v=PF7RD3dHU_I&mode=related&search=

A BBC in depth report on Iranian fashion http://youtube.com/watch?v=q4o5LOm4pxY

Savagery of islam
PARIS, 27 Aug. (IPS) Iranians and international community expressed outrage at reported execution of the 16-year-old Ateqeh Rajabi on vague charges of un-Islamic behaviour.

According to Press reports from the Islamic Republic, Ms. Rajabi was publicly hanged on a street in the city centre of Neka in the northern province of Mazandaran, on 15 August, for "acts incompatible with chastity".
http://www.iran-press-service.com/ips/articles-2004/august/ateqeh_executed_27804.shtml

Barbaric execution of 16 years old girl under Islamic Law in Iran, in video . http://youtube.com/watch?v=ovSI2uyZW6w

HSC
I see no proof that Islam tells people to assualt women because of the way they are dressed.-in the way you're refering to. They may do so in Iran, yet it dosnt mean that it is a part of Islam.

Last edited:

trao06

HSC
the only reason why we think it is extreme is that our values are different..

yes we are lucky to live in a society like this, but it doesn't mean we should look down on societies where it isn't..

the punishment would be extreme in our society, but obviously iran has its own laws and values by which she would have KNOWN to abide.

i guess i have two views..

save her, it's inhumane.
but she knew the laws. you don't break them on purpose when you know the punishment.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
I see no proof that Islam tells people to assualt women because of the way they are dressed.-in the way you're refering to. They may do so in Iran, yet it dosnt mean that it is a part of Islam.
I see proof of muslims attacking women on the basis of their Islamic law.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Doesn't mean that they attack women based on any actual teachings of Islam and/or Islamic law.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
PrinceHarry said:
I did not said all muslim does this and does that. It is NOT just done by a few people, it is a de facto state policy, promoted by its presidents and ministers.
I quote, "No other religion, culture or people marry just for a few minutes of fucking except muslims!" So you see, you DID say that all muslims do this and all muslims do that. Now what you just said implies its not a religious policy, but a STATE policy. Make up your mind.

Also, tell me more about the entirety of Islam. From Afghanistan to Turkey, Syria, Egypt, Indonesia, etc. Tell me about their temporary marriage policies. I never knew that temporary marriage for sexual intercourse existed in Indonesia!

banco55

HSC
trao06 said:
the only reason why we think it is extreme is that our values are different..

yes we are lucky to live in a society like this, but it doesn't mean we should look down on societies where it isn't..

the punishment would be extreme in our society, but obviously iran has its own laws and values by which she would have KNOWN to abide.

i guess i have two views..

save her, it's inhumane.
but she knew the laws. you don't break them on purpose when you know the punishment.
Is their any society you would "look down on" stalinist russia, nazi germany, arpartheid south africa? They all had different 'values'.

queenrayan

HSC
N/A
Aryanbeauty said:
You are an uneducated person who has not really researched the Islamic religion. You will be surprised how many rights women have in Islam but its people like you who don’t really research what they are writing about and write useless information. get your facts right before you write and if you have read the Koran make sure it is not a rewritten version by the Israeli’s or Americans because the Koran is the only religious teaching book that has never been reworded, rewritten or corrected to suit the changing values of society- that makes it a pure and much more valuable book in the Islamic faith.

Last edited:

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
queenrayan said:
You are an uneducated person who has not really researched the Islamic religion. You will be surprised how many rights women have in Islam but its people like you who don’t really research what they are writing about and write useless information.
Relax, he's just jumping onto the band wagon. :p

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Snaykew said:
I quote, "No other religion, culture or people marry just for a few minutes of fucking except muslims!" So you see, you DID say that all muslims do this and all muslims do that. Now what you just said implies its not a religious policy, but a STATE policy. Make up your mind.
Can you tell me other culture, people or religion in which people married for one fuck and then get divorced other than by Muslims? All those One Hour for a Fuck Marriage are done by MUSLIMS under Islamic Law promoted by Islamic Republic of Iran and elsewhere. I did NOT said ALL MUSLIMS. Yes it is a State Policy and you know what the state is , An ISLAMIC Republic run by Islamic Religious Leaders!

Also, tell me more about the entirety of Islam. From Afghanistan to Turkey, Syria, Egypt, Indonesia, etc. Tell me about their temporary marriage policies. I never knew that temporary marriage for sexual intercourse existed in Indonesia!
Do your own research instead of relying on others. By the way Indonesia is wise enough not to use stone age era Sharia law. They use christianity based western law introduced by the Dutch for criminal cases and we dont see women being stoned to death for adultery.

Last edited:
HSC
Are you talking about Mut'a marriage? Because if you are, then yet again not all Muslims believe in it. Only *some* Shia believe it was not forbidden. So it has nothing to do with Muslims as a whole.

Edit: Once again either give evidence, or shut up.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
S1M0 said:
Doesn't mean that they attack women based on any actual teachings of Islam and/or Islamic law.
Which means they are making up Laws in the name of Islam to promote their savagery and brutality towards the helpless (another example how muslim use religion as an excuse to kill others)

Maniella said:
You are an uneducated person who has not really researched the Islamic religion. You will be surprised how many rights women have in Islam but its people like you who don’t really research what they are writing about and write useless information. get your facts write before you wrote and if you have read the Koran make sure it is not a rewritten version by the Israeli’s or Americans because the Koran is the only religious teaching book that has never been reworded, rewritten or corrected to suit the changing values of society- that makes it a pure and much more valuable book in the Islamic faith.
Yeah they have so much rights that they are half the value of men. Why don't you ask islamo fascist theocratic government of Islamic republic of Iran whether they use Israeli/American version of Quran, since they are the one who oppressed their own people, their own daughters, their own women, their own mothers in the name of Islam. :rofl: :rofl:

And Read This:

The stoning of women is one of the more savage, and revealing aspects of the mullahs' rule in Iran. This vicious punishment of women is without precedent in Iran's recent history. Since the inception of the mullahs' rule, hundreds of women of various ages have been and continue to be stoned to death throughout Iran. What makes this hideous crime even more abhorrent is that it is carried out under the name of Islam. The Quran and the Prophet of Islam despised such behavior. On the contrary, in the Quran and the Prophet's traditions, such barbarism is denounced. The Prophet did his utmost to eradicate backward traditions, including stoning, which victimized women.
http://www.iran-e-azad.org/stoning/women.html

You know who the Mullah's are, someone like Sheikh Hilaly :eek:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
PrinceHarry said:
Can you tell me other culture, people or religion in which people married for one fuck and then get divorced other than by Muslims? All those One Hour for a Fuck Marriage are done by MUSLIMS under Islamic Law promoted by Islamic Republic of Iran and elsewhere. I did NOT said ALL MUSLIMS. Yes it is a State Policy and you know what the state is , An ISLAMIC Republic run by Islamic Religious Leaders!

Do your own research instead of relying on others. By the way Indonesia is wise enough not to use stone age era Sharia law. They use christianity based western law introduced by the Dutch for criminal cases and we dont see women being stoned to death for adultery.
Oi seriously, go treat your contagious acne infested back(eww):rofl: :rofl: , you little hate filled fuckwit..

HSC
Aryan said:
Which means they are making up Laws in the name of Islam to promote their savagery and brutality towards the helpless (another example how muslim use religion as an excuse to kill others)
How would you know they're making up laws? Maybe its just their country. It doesnt mean that if they have the Islamic laws that they cannot have any other laws at the same time!

queenrayan

HSC
N/A
Aryanbeauty said:

Yeah they have so much rights that they are half the value of men. Why don't you ask islamo fascist theocratic government of Islamic republic of Iran whether they use Israeli/American version of Quran, since they are the one who oppressed their own people, their own daughters, their own women, their own mothers in the name of Islam. :rofl: :rofl:

And Read This:

http://www.iran-e-azad.org/stoning/women.html

You know who the Mullah's are, someone like Sheikh Hilaly :eek:

Quote from the right person, use the right references. Where have you got you information from? it is so wrong that i cant even choose where to begin to correct. i think you are on a rampage to tarnish the image of islam. you dont know what you are writing about because it is clearly so wrong and useless to any point you are 'trying' to make.

what a load of bullshit!

nonsense

no use

unworthy

stupid

uneducated

waste of time

Case closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)