is 12 days enough to memorise 4 esays? (1 Viewer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
because you go to a school which creates tryhards and people who fail at life. HSC =/= life tbh, and I'd much rather learn essential skills than just maximise marks, because there'll come a point when there will be no marks, and you will be judge on your abilities, and that's where the men will be separated from the boys.
Quoted for the truth.

michaeljennings

HSC
all the fobs got 20/20 for a speaking task at my school lol made me angry. Couldnt even understand what they were saying

michaeljennings

HSC
yeahh there are very few genuinely intelligent kids at my school. Lots and lots of people who just study a lot and have good memory. Like myself for example I try super hard for not very good results

HSC
to the op yes its easily achievable

also, ive been doing some practice questions recently, and as one who usually prepares generic essays, i've been noticing they're uselessness, since I pretty much change everything bar quotes/ techniques so my responses actually answer the question.

i reckon just practice essays, learn your quotes/ techniques well and have some general effect/ thesis statements prepared. the most important thing (imo) in english is answering the question, not merely fancy wording etc

SpreadTheWord

HSC
because you go to a school which creates tryhards and people who fail at life. HSC =/= life tbh, and I'd much rather learn essential skills than just maximise marks, because there'll come a point when there will be no marks, and you will be judge on your abilities, and that's where the men will be separated from the boys.
this guy

Aindan

HSC
I dunno I memorise and practise answering the random questions in timed conditions. It works for me and 50% of my cohort does it too.

bmacks

HSC
N/A
If it's english you're better off memorising relevant ideas/paragraph topics and relevant evidence for them than entire essays. Even memorising paragraphs. They are increasingly making the questions harder and harder to apply generic pre-prepared essays to. If you're intent on memorising whole essays you better have more than one up your belt for each module.

Chambalam

HSC
Treat it like you would a science subject, right? You're not walking in word-for-word ready, nor are you walking in and just 'make it up.' You know, in Chemistry you learn a shitload of notes, content, even definitions. Then when you get asked a question, you answer that question with your knowledge.

I don't know about you, but when I respond to a 7 mark chemistry question, I'm thinking back to that list of dot points in my notes - not some prepared BS.

I employ the same principle with English - and I've never looked back

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Treat it like you would a science subject, right? You're not walking in word-for-word ready, nor are you walking in and just 'make it up.' You know, in Chemistry you learn a shitload of notes, content, even definitions. Then when you get asked a question, you answer that question with your knowledge.

I don't know about you, but when I respond to a 7 mark chemistry question, I'm thinking back to that list of dot points in my notes - not some prepared BS.

I employ the same principle with English - and I've never looked back
^ Yeah, that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)