Is anyone NOT opening their results straight away? (1 Viewer)

kfnmpah

HSC
So, I've spoken to a few people about this. Some are:
- Keen as beans to open them ASAP
- Going to wait for other people to open them for them
- Not opening their HSC marks or ATARS until after they open their uni offers

I fall into the second category. I am getting my boyfriend to open them for me on friday night.

What are you going to do?

Sarebs

HSC
I never thought of letting someone else open them for me.

I might get my brother to check them on the internet then ring and tell me... so I will have someone to yell at when they're bad.

shady145

Banned
HSC
a) i wanna know what my 11 yrs of school went to

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
No idea how people have patience seriously
I think we all need to face reality eventually, might as well face it when it comes.

debts

HSC
N/A
i won't be opening up my hsc results, atar is all it matters to me. don't know how one can wait around till mid-jan without checking their atar.

Takuto

HSC
wtf @ mods deleting our posts, didnt even flame anyone and our opinions have good basis

its YOUR hsc, you worked for it, so you should be the one to open the results yourself like a MAN. its exciting enough and a unique experience that you sohuld be the first one to log in and look at it, not your mum/dad/bf

shady145

Banned
HSC
Isn't it 13 years?
shady went straight to year 2 because he was smart enough
:D

nah i didnt skip straight to year 2...
when i was in primary school i missed 2 years of school because i was traveling... (only up and down the east coast of australia) i never did year 5 ^^ and missed a bit over half of yr 4 and some of year 6... this almost equalled 2 years
anywho, i wasnt dumb enough to get made to do them :D so i just continued in what i should of been in.... and i wasnt home schooled so i only did 11 years of education

ashllis92

HSC
i cant get my atar on thurs morning because im working from 6-2 :( but i will open it as soon as i get home :) I couldn't wait until 20/1 because i might need to re enrol in school depending on the result

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i think i'm going to wait til my 18th birthday before i open my results, and im not going to check them online either

my bday is in may, btw.

Last edited:

hairspray

HSC
Seriously, why would you NOT want to see your results right away ?

Waiting an hour later or a week later to view your results isnt going to make your marks higher or anything.

Rosalily

HSC
i guess i'll open them when they come, my folks will make me. what worries me the most is the comparison of results afterwards. i just hate that awkward silence when someone tells you they did way better than you.

Aeriff

HSC
I kinda regret registering to get the SMS on Wednesday. But then again it's too much effort to call the BOS and remove me from the list, heh.

Phouna

HSC
N/A
agreed! the sms is gonna scare the shit out of me. acccessing online gives more time to prepare for it. but then again on an sms, no one can be gawking at the screen behind you.
Hahahhahas AGREED!!! You'll be fine :)
Although I think this will be the first time I'll be afraid of my phone going off >.<"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)