Is anyone planning to do a PhD in Business? (1 Viewer)

williamc

HSC
michael1990 said:
Because your're so much older and wiser. Get off your high horse.

People are allowed to have ambitions. They came on here to see what people thought not for people to bag them out.
that one year makes a fuckload of difference.

michael1990

HSC
williamc said:
that one year makes a fuckload of difference.
Its one year mate.

It can't make that much of a difference that you can't relate to someone that has ambitions. Or maybe you didn't have any, so don't bag people out.

williamc

HSC
michael1990 said:
Its one year mate.

It can't make that much of a difference that you can't relate to someone that has ambitions. Or maybe you didn't have any, so don't bag people out.
YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT.

One year ago i knew fuck-all about university. Now i know, pretty much all there is to know.

LOL you guys havnt even started a degree. Yet you are talking about doing a MBA. fucking idiots. How about you get into uni first.

As for the personal insult. you're shit.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
michael1990 said:
Because your're so much older and wiser. Get off your high horse.

People are allowed to have ambitions. They came on here to see what people thought not for people to bag them out.
Well yes i am, but that's not the point.

Im just saying you completely fit the cliche of current year 12 students who dont really know a lot about anythingb but have these wonderful dreams about what theyd like to do when they're older, without fully understanding it.

Sure it's nice to have goals, but its also important to have realistic goals and not think too far ahead.

How the fuck do you even know if you are going to get into uni yet anyway ? Do uai's come out in April now ?

Half the people in year 12 change their opinion on what they wanna do anyway. Next year i wouldn't be surprised if you did an arts degree. Things change. Planning for a phd/mba now is a waste of time and energy

michael1990

HSC
williamc said:
YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT.

One year ago i knew fuck-all about university. Now i know, pretty much all there is to know.

LOL you guys havnt even started a degree. Yet you are talking about doing a MBA. fucking idiots. How about you get into uni first.

As for the personal insult. you're shit.
You are quite the moron.

Yes we haven't started a degree, wow your're so intellegent weren't we talking about our UNI lifes and MBA/PhDs in this thread?

Well state the known.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
michael1990 said:
You are quite the moron.

Yes we haven't started a degree, wow your're so intellegent weren't we talking about our UNI lifes and MBA/PhDs in this thread?

Well state the known.
If a kid in year 6 came up to you and started talking about subjects he wanted to do in his hsc would you not think it's a little stupid ?

I think your missing the point of why everyone thinks your a tool.

And thats even when ignoring the fact that you came onto this internet forum for love advice.

williamc

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
they have made a lot of good points...

clearly they are telling you what they think by bagging you out

awww thats cute lol
foreva pink = magpam?

michael1990

HSC
blakegman said:
If a kid in year 6 came up to you and started talking about subjects he wanted to do in his hsc would you not think it's a little stupid ?
We for starters, i am 6 years old than a year 6.
You on the other hand are prob months to a year older than me.

blakegman said:
I think your missing the point of why everyone thinks your a tool.

And thats even when ignoring the fact that you came onto this internet forum for love advice.
Please i would love to know what the other threads i have posted impact on this PhD thread?

I thought you had a little bit of intellegence.

maka

HSC
Its great to see that you some goals. I really do hope you achieve them.

However, I think you are looking too far into the future. You need to finish your HSC, do a Business course, try and get into honours, work for 3-5 years to do an MBA or PhD. I am guessing you may be in Year 12 now but you are trying to plan for 10 years ahead. I think that is a bit too far ahead.

Why not focus on getting into uni and completing the degree with honours. It is a 5 year plan but is very manageable as the amount of variables are far reduced. You only need to get into uni and get an average that satisfies the requirement for Honours.

To be honest, the MBA is considered the holy grail for management positions. Many people will study this program part time whilst working. The PhD is very time consuming and many people cant put their life on hold and affect their finances so deeply as to do a PhD.

I have 2 years to go of a B Bus/LLB degree and I am finding it difficult to look beyond that.

That said, best wishes.

michael1990

HSC
maka said:
Its great to see that you some goals. I really do hope you achieve them.

However, I think you are looking too far into the future. You need to finish your HSC, do a Business course, try and get into honours, work for 3-5 years to do an MBA or PhD. I am guessing you may be in Year 12 now but you are trying to plan for 10 years ahead. I think that is a bit too far ahead.

Why not focus on getting into uni and completing the degree with honours. It is a 5 year plan but is very manageable as the amount of variables are far reduced. You only need to get into uni and get an average that satisfies the requirement for Honours.

To be honest, the MBA is considered the holy grail for management positions. Many people will study this program part time whilst working. The PhD is very time consuming and many people cant put their life on hold and affect their finances so deeply as to do a PhD.

I have 2 years to go of a B Bus/LLB degree and I am finding it difficult to look beyond that.

That said, best wishes.
Agreed with you.

Thank you for your input.

maka

HSC
I dont understand why risole and yourself michael were so hostile to other people who tried to help in answering your questions.

I didnt read the entire thread till just then and I have to say that both of you acted quite immaturely. You want some help yet, rubbish peoples opinions.

Stuff that foreverpink said about the PhD being fairly redundant is very true in the organisation and you didnt accept but rather said are you an employer.... some childish questioning which isnt necessary.

If you post a question, for people to respect and answer the question, you need to respect those who answer it. By no means agree with it all but offer some opinion and analysis rather than showing ignorance.

Sorry if this makes you feel upset or you disagree but it is the truth.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Is anyone planning to do a PhD in Business?

I would really love to ^_^

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
maka said:
I dont understand why risole and yourself michael were so hostile to other people who tried to help in answering your questions.

I didnt read the entire thread till just then and I have to say that both of you acted quite immaturely. You want some help yet, rubbish peoples opinions.

Stuff that foreverpink said about the PhD being fairly redundant is very true in the organisation and you didnt accept but rather said are you an employer.... some childish questioning which isnt necessary.

If you post a question, for people to respect and answer the question, you need to respect those who answer it. By no means agree with it all but offer some opinion and analysis rather than showing ignorance.

Sorry if this makes you feel upset or you disagree but it is the truth.
i wasnt hostile towards people who gave decent answers.
people who actually provided feedback in a manner whether it be negative feedback are ok

michael1990

HSC
risole91 said:
i wasnt hostile towards people who gave decent answers.
people who actually provided feedback in a manner whether it be negative feedback are ok
agreed. People were just rude.

Some. but you actually gave constructive feedback.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
michael1990 said:
agreed. People were just rude.

Some. but you actually gave constructive feedback.
Dry the tears guys.

You're obviously not going to receive constructive feedback from everybody here that has bothered to post something, being given to HSC students about who else is interested in a PhD in Business. You really should be able to see that.

Maybe read back over jb_nc's contribution and you might have some chance of comprehending why a lot of people were being rude/laughing at you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)