Is it possible to get a high ATAR w/ these subjects? (1 Viewer)

CruisinThru-

HSC
Is it true that the subjects I chose tend not to scale all that well? The course I'd like to get into requires an ATAR of 91. I set a personal goal of achieving an ATAR of 90 as a minimum (I'm eligible for 4 bonus points at the uni I'll be applying to) so even if I did get 90, I could still get into that course.

English Standard
Society and Culture
Modern History
Legal Studies
Biology

When I selected my subjects I wasn't strategic, I just chose ones I had an interest in or done well in, without giving scaling a second thought.

I haven't found out my ranks yet and I haven't received anything marked back yet (assignments or tests), so I'm not after an estimate, I just want to know if it's possible?

RyanT7

HSC
Is it true that the subjects I chose tend not to scale all that well? The course I'd like to get into requires an ATAR of 91. I set a personal goal of achieving an ATAR of 90 as a minimum (I'm eligible for 4 bonus points at the uni I'll be applying to) so even if I did get 90, I could still get into that course.

English Standard
Society and Culture
Modern History
Legal Studies
Biology

When I selected my subjects I wasn't strategic, I just chose ones I had an interest in or done well in, without giving scaling a second thought.

I haven't found out my ranks yet and I haven't received anything marked back yet (assignments or tests), so I'm not after an estimate, I just want to know if it's possible?
Your goal of getting a 90 atar with these subjects, is very much achievable.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC

English Standard
Society and Culture
Modern History
Legal Studies
Biology

This is exactly why you will achieve your goal :)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You can get any ATAR with any combination of subjects.

So yes, you can achieve a 90. Just have to work really hard.

All the best.

Orwell

HSC
Just because he's in Year 11 doesn't mean he's clueless as to what he's talking about.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
This is exactly why you will achieve your goal :)
TFW your Engineering parents forced you to take Physics and refused to sign your subject selection sheet because you wanted to do the Holy Trinity of Business-y subjects.

And now you failing HSC.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
TFW your Engineering parents forced you to take Physics and refused to sign your subject selection sheet because you wanted to do the Holy Trinity of Business-y subjects.

And now you failing HSC.
Well - I dropped maths and now I don't have a family.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
If I don't do Physics, I'll have no family.

If I don't get into UNSW Commerce, I'll have no family.

I think my family doesn't want me.
So they want you to do a science subject (physics) and they want you to get into UNSW commerce...

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
So they want you to do a science subject (physics) and they want you to get into UNSW commerce...
Well, I'm sure they want me to do a lot of amazing things in university.

But because they are engineers, they wanted me to do Physics (due to its high scaling and because "it will give me options in life" which is redundant because I wanted to do Commerce since I was in Year 9/10). And I know HSC in general is stressful, but Physics is particularly stressful because all my weeks effort will still get me a shitty mark.

I have a deep residing dislike towards my parents for this. If I was doing a subject I had chosen out of love and confidence, I wouldn't be finding HSC this hard.

TigerMaster

HSC
Scaling doesn't play any role I think. Scaling is just a process use to make subjects marks as evenly as possible. A lot of misconception is going on about scaling and even putting some people down because they chose "low scaling subjects". You can get any atar bro as long as u work hard and smart!!! Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)