Is Tafe For The Dumb (1 Viewer)

inter108

HSC
AusBluesMan said:
You alway post genuinely useful things, that just answers the question in maximum 10 words...

How do you do it?
I don't know, i like to bs alot :rolleyes:

Matt Samson

HSC
hopethisworks said:
hi everyone
well im stessing just like everyone out there about uni and tafe and the problem is i believe that tafe is for the DUMB
well now not to sound rude but every drop kick and dumb sob ive ever met in my life is or has attended tafe and i just feel like its an easy gateway to tertiary education almost as easy as scoring with pam anderson
anyway in all honesty if you have to choose and only one choise
TAFE or UNI
A lot of people who go to university find they have to go to TAFE after they graduate to gain "skills".

This whole TAFE v UNI thing really doesn't exist in the real world. They both exist and both provide specific things.

Certain courses at TAFE do have the lowest common denominator, and yes these courses are full of people who only enroll in order to maintain their Youth Allowance or Austudy/Abstudy.

But the higher up courses at TAFE don't attract these people.

inter108

HSC
Graney said:
That was my initial impression, but then I read this thread.
Lawl you get some arrogant wankers on here but we don't value their opinions do we?

ASHK

germaphobe.
HSC
i'm sorry, but
brains > manual labour
who earns more money, the businessman or the brick layer?

A brick layer can earn as much as he or she wants to. brick layers earn their money along the lines of - the number of bricks layed per hour depends on how much they are paid, or something like that. so, if you really think about it, if a brick layer lays enough bricks in a day/week/year/ and is experienced in what he/she does, then CLEARLY they can earn a fair amount of money.

i mean, they are the controllers of what they earn, so if, hypothetically speaking, they lay next to nothing, they'll earn a shit piss amount of dosh, but if they put more effort in and work their arse off, then they might earn more than a business man, hahaha, highly unlikely but?

i had this debate with my friends won day, twas funny. =)

gowie

HSC
sorry, tafe is officially for the dumb.
I worked my gap year with an annoying brat of a kid who in 12 months, dropped out of yr12 (1st term) coz it was 'too hard', went to tafe for a few pissy months, and has the work ethic of a centrelink payment-receiving deadshit.

Whats worse is I found out she got into my uni a week or two ago... But hey, thats UoN for ya.

At the risk of sounding biased, i do believe Tafes do produce intelligent human beings,...well some tafes anyway.

davidtafe

HSC
N/A
Hey, yeah - I teach at TAFE and students tend to be bright, enthusiastic and looking for very specific outcomes. Often a uni course will give a good theoretical background to a subject area, but many people want to learn specific skills, and in my experience, TAFE seems to fit the task admirably (but I may be biased!) :)

darkwaltzxx

HSC
:mad1:

Tafe is second chance education.

Those who didn't do so well in HSC get another chance to prove themselves, to gain further skills and to achieve their best.

If you were truly dumb you wouldn't even bother.

coopert

HSC
Sterotyping TAFE as for 'dumb' people only reflects poorly on yourself, and makes you sound like a freaking moron.

Fact of the matter is, that while you can look down upon people studying at TAFE (people who may be doing apprenticeship related studies and whatnot), they will most likely end up making more money than you ever will anyway. Plumbers being a prime example of this. They earn shitloads (excuse the pun), and they are also their own bosses, who work their own hours and charge their own rates. I regard a TAFE course or apprenticeship as an incredibly wise move for those who don't see themselves undertaking University.

If anything is 'dumb', it's doing a straight Bachelor of Arts (at any University)

lou071

HSC
N/A
hi everyone
well im stessing just like everyone out there about uni and tafe and the problem is i believe that tafe is for the DUMB
well now not to sound rude but every drop kick and dumb sob ive ever met in my life is or has attended tafe and i just feel like its an easy gateway to tertiary education almost as easy as scoring with pam anderson
anyway in all honesty if you have to choose and only one choise
TAFE or UNI
TAFE is not certainly for 'dumb' people. many smart people i know go to TAFE and transfer to second year uni.:)

erm

HSC
they will most likely end up making more money than you ever will anyway. Plumbers being a prime example of this.
Sure those with a degree will probably get a grad role earning less, but from what i've researched trade type jobs plateau out (i.e. there is a limit to your earnings) while the salary of the grad will increase every year.

Muchi

HSC
Okay, coming from a strict family that confirms to what society beleives i personally dont hold anything against tafe student. one of my mates smarter than me goes to tafe. she just didnt have the self motivation, resources and support to go through year 12 and so is going to tafe. Im misarable forced into a communications degree which i like but id love to do design @ college or tafe. I feel tafe is a lot more nicer as teachers give more personal attention, theres so many friendly people (before receiving uai i went to visit north sydney tafe) and yeah i wouldve have minded. Some people on this blog seem to obviously feel that people who go to tafe are dumb and that "dumb"= "unintelligent people". i strongly disagree, there could be einsteins that go to tafe who just need that inner spirit and im sure some of them are gonna do better than me. anyways uws was a tafe b4 it came a uni. But theres a diverse range of people who are intelligent and special in different ways, the creative, the analytical and speculative thinkers with g8 ideas! some people are really narrow minded, get over yourselves!

Chocolate Adikt

HSC
This is a response to the ignoramus whom thinks Tafe is for dumb people.
Let me tell you my friend went to Tafe and completed a TPC (she was a year 10 high school drop out) and what did she get into? Psychology at the Syd Uni. So do you still think that dumb people only go there? I would be happy for you not to attend Tafe. We need less people who think like you.:mad1:

h3da

HSC
I came from tafe and what i could see was, alot of oversea students spend so many hours on studying that their average were 90%+ and i also attended night classes and generally they tend to do better because they are part time students who works and mostly more mature.whilst at day time you have people fresh from high school who just go there for fun..But generally theres still some smart people at tafe.

Muchi

HSC
Look, the idiots on this thread dont have anything against people who do yr 11 and 12 at tafe, i think they're exuding snobbiness to those who go to tafe after year 12 as they feel they shouldnt have tafe as an alternate (their insecurity, you guys are threats, higher amount of competition to them).

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
This is a response to the ignoramus whom thinks Tafe is for dumb people.
Let me tell you my friend went to Tafe and completed a TPC (she was a year 10 high school drop out) and what did she get into? Psychology at the Syd Uni. So do you still think that dumb people only go there? I would be happy for you not to attend Tafe. We need less people who think like you.:mad1:
tpc is very simple.... at best its year 11 material.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)