Is there anyone currently doing the GLP? (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I'm not sure about your degree SweetLemon. For my degree, I'm due to finish in 2009, but can extend it obviously. But if you've done all the core units for accg (which, I'm assuming isnt possible until 3rd year), you have to make up the total required amount of credit points in electives. So you graduate once you have met all the core requirements and have done the required amount of credit points.

If you want to go on exchange, according to the exchange website: http://www.international.mq.edu.au/abroad/process/rules.html, you have to have fulfilled all the core units for accg, and only be doing electives. You can go on exchange it seems for one whole year with MQ funding, not any longer in a consecutive trip, and because they are electives, it shouldnt be extending your graduation date anyway because you'll receive credit for the units you do overseas.

Does that make sense?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I think I'll be extending my studies for a year or so to go on exchange, or perhaps find 'relevant' units in media over there, unlikely but *shrugs*

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
thanks for the info MaryJane n asylum :p

Anyone have suggestions for summer skool? PPL said do summer skool for 200lv units to complete the degree faster...n it mite be a little bit easier to pass in summer skool. is that true? or just some sort of rumour?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Its more expensive, and its a lot more compressed. But having never done any units in summer school, i really dont have any experiential comments :)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I heard that summer school is harder, but I've also heard its easier, which probably equates to no difference. Summer school classes are only held when they are in high demand: so they might be on one year, but not the next, so you'd have to organise yourself around that. And they are really expensive, more expensive than HECS, and you cant put them on HECS.

Asylum, I've decided to do a similar thing. I'm going to add an extra 6mo-1year to my studies to go part-time to boost my GPA and hopefully get a nice little job as a shit-kicker in a law firm. Plus, if I go on exchange, I want to do cruisy units. And I found out that I cant do exchange until my 4-5 years because I have to do constitutional law/public law to become a qualified Australian solicitor, so I have to hang around until that is over. Bleg.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ahh yeah, im in a better position somewhat with only 8 more cores for the next 2 years, and theyre relatively easy i think for a geek like me.

The hardest part would be trying to get into the Japanese exchange program i think :(

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
I've been to the GLP...not bad lol...I wanna find out more about the Disney world now...LOL
and yeh...the cocktail this semester is gonna be held at the olympic park with entreprenuial as the main focus n this CEO from somewhere...can't remember the country :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Sweet_Lemon said:
I've been to the GLP...not bad lol...I wanna find out more about the Disney world now...LOL
and yeh...the cocktail this semester is gonna be held at the olympic park with entreprenuial as the main focus n this CEO from somewhere...can't remember the country :p
How did you find that out? How the hell are we meant to get to olympic park? I would prefer if it was in the Atrium.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
well...Ainsley said there will be "some" arrangement for students to go there from MQ...LOL...I don't live at MQ =.=\\\
And she said, there's PLENTY of car park spaces...i guess thats the main reason for them to hold over at Homebush :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
That sounds ok then. It would be nice of them to take us to and from the uni, I would prefer not to drive there.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Oh...but it's kinda formal rite...so v have to where something *formal* Wonder girls wearing formal dress n wait outside for the ...umm...say BUS?! (Proabably not gonna be luxuary cars to take students to n from MQ :p) Joking~~But yeh, if i live at MQ, then i would prefer transport that they r providing...:p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
No way, just not jeans, nice pants and a nice top are good, some people wore dresses, guys wore shirts and ties, not necessarily with a jacket from what i remember

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
ah, now i wish i have something like the one in my aviator :p
hum...definitely no formal Dress for me...ekekek

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, so which colloquia everyone going to?

i've been too sick to bother at this stage

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Sweet_Lemon said:
ah, now i wish i have something like the one in my aviator :p
hum...definitely no formal Dress for me...ekekek
in your aviator? maybe avatar ;)

*iambored is scared* with so many bosers in the glp i am bound to meet at least one of you

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lol!

haha, we're not that bad! :p

And ha! all of the sessions are full :(

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
iambored said:
in your aviator? maybe avatar ;)

*iambored is scared* with so many bosers in the glp i am bound to meet at least one of you
yeh yeh...typo...lol

Oh scared of seeing bosers? I'm nice...trust me...muahahahaha:p :d

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)