• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is there such a thing as a nice guy? (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
scaredytiger said:
loving the generalisations.
fair enough. the reason why guys only notice the girls who go for the not-so-nice guys is because theyre the ones worth going after.
the girls that go for nice guys tend to be nerdy weird looking girls. ITS TRUE, PEOPLE!

corey987654

HSC
Pace_T said:
fair enough. the reason why guys only notice the girls who go for the not-so-nice guys is because theyre the ones worth going after.
the girls that go for nice guys tend to be nerdy weird looking girls. ITS TRUE, PEOPLE!
100% agree!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
why can't we just be friends. :X

everyone is both nice and mean. its human nature.
but there are some who show it more than others.

not to brag or anything; but im a pretty decent guy.
ask my friiends. =]
haha

HSC
Pace_T said:
thanks. thanks alot.

note the fact you implied intelligence was a con.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
scaredytiger said:
oh? please inform me on how its not.
It's a fact. Girls say they want nice guys, but then they just use them as emotion whores, then call men assholes because they got used by the mysterious outlaw type guy who's 10 years older than them.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Meh, not really true. More girls don't like weak guys, and weakness and niceness have a tendancy to coincide.

I thinks girls are actually attracted to guys that have nice intentions, but not ones that are perhaps overly nice, like will go out of their way to do whatever the girl wants.

The whole girls only go for jerks/bad boys ect. thing is just a bit of a myth, probably made up by guys that think they are nice and need an explaination for why girls arem't into them, the real explaination is most likely that they are boring and lack confidence.
People being nice to you all the time is fucking boring, these things are one and the same.

Deadlyned

HSC
Most guys generally are nice, but act mean in order to masculinate themselves when amongst chicks... Chicks dig it, so why not!!! This guy in my class is a perfect example, he's a dick to everyone, punches people all the time, walks all over everyone... chicks LOVE him!!! haha, weird hey, how girls say they want a 'nice' guy, but that really means a guy who will show them whos boss ;)

HSC
hell, riet, you might be talking about my sister. but im not like that.

i think its a personality flaw to be an arsehole.
since im a girl who probably has more guy mates than girl mates, maybe i have a different outlook.

id rather be single for the next ten years than go out with someone who doesnt have the personality requirements to deal with being my boyfriend.

possessiveness, taking oneself/me too seriously, cruelty(of any kind), an inability to grasp the subtle and/or a lack of moral fibre are just not what im looking for. and i dont settle.

oh and. hell no. i wont take a guy who wont stand up to me when he needs to.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Ahh, how long you been going out? See that's the difference. After a few weeks the mysterious outlaw effect fades and then you either dumb him because he's an asshole or keep him because he's nice.

HSC
Riet said:
Ahh, how long you been going out? See that's the difference. After a few weeks the mysterious outlaw effect fades and then you either dumb him because he's an asshole or keep him because he's nice.
four months last saturday.

and all my previous boyfriends, bar one(who went off the rails) are good friends of mine.

williamc

HSC
scaredytiger said:
four months last saturday.

and all my previous boyfriends, bar one(who went off the rails) are good friends of mine.
Most probably because you didn't have sex with them.

X.ForeverTrue.X

HSC
I like to think I am a nice guy... Most of the time.

And, to me, sex is only an issue if there is commitment in the relationship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)