is this a good film for belonging?? (1 Viewer)

manoo

:.:.:Charmed Member:.:.:
HSC
I was going through the different films and was wondering whether these would be good for belonging:
  • elizabethtown
  • harry potter 1 and 3
  • billy elliot
  • rabbitproof fence
  • gandhi
  • edward scissorhands
would any of these be good, plz help!!

:confused:

condokid

HSC
i have thought of a few

- Mean girls
- broke back mountain
- looking for allibrandi
- "movie "happy feet"

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
We were told in the AOS never to do a Harry Potter movie. I know there's a new spin on it from Imaginative Journeys, but there are better films out there...

kara42

HSC
manoo said:
I was going through the different films and was wondering whether these would be good for belonging:
  • elizabethtown
  • harry potter 1 and 3
  • billy elliot
  • rabbitproof fence
  • gandhi
  • edward scissorhands
would any of these be good, plz help!!

:confused:

I know that Rabitproof Fence definitely would be.
And even Edward Scissorhands.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
don't do movies that are marketed towards kids. markers wont like it. rabbitproof fence is good.

slikchick

HSC
I would select one from either Billy Elliot, Rabbit-Proof Fence or Edward Scissorhands (in that priority order)

yummy-cookies

HSC
slikchick said:
I would select one from either Billy Elliot, Rabbit-Proof Fence or Edward Scissorhands (in that priority order)
Billy Elliot is on the prescribed texts list - don't do that

manoo

:.:.:Charmed Member:.:.:
HSC
what about elizabethtown?? is tht a good one?? ive heard it being mention but im still unsure about it...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^ You want to choose a film where the concept of belonging is highly saturated throughout the film. (e.g. Rabbit-Proof Fence)

I haven't watched Elizabethtown but it doesn't seem like that sorts...correct me if I am wrong...

Clifford

HSC
Hmm, I think the people above are quite right. Though I love them, the Potter films would be considered too juvenile, and even Elizabeth Town abit too teenish...

Billy Elliot is out as it is a prescribed text, and markers may get confused as they would be unsure which is your related and which your prescribed. Pointing it out would both waste time and probably detract from you register.

I'd say that Rabbit Proof Fence has been a little overdone, though still very fitting. Of the ones above, Edward Scissorhands would be the best, as its fitting and a little obscure.

Good luck!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Clifford said:
Hmm, I think the people above are quite right. Though I love them, the Potter films would be considered too juvenile, and even Elizabeth Town abit too teenish...

Billy Elliot is out as it is a prescribed text, and markers may get confused as they would be unsure which is your related and which your prescribed. Pointing it out would both waste time and probably detract from you register.

I'd say that Rabbit Proof Fence has been a little overdone, though still very fitting. Of the ones above, Edward Scissorhands would be the best, as its fitting and a little obscure.

Good luck!
Interesting views. I wholeheartedly agree with you even though I am using Rabbit-Proof Fence as my own related material despite being too repeatedly used by many people.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
why can't people use the search button on this damn site

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)