Is this some kind of scam? (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
shinji said:
yeah

giving bankdetails = big nono in any situation. besides purchasing something from a legitimate site.

people cn easily keep keyloggers on ur computer and then discover ur pincode (as well as credit card number) and then bnag. no more money as well
wtf? how do you accept online payments too. what are they going to use your bank account details for? to pay you? oh wait...

and the guy's thing doesn't sound suss at all. the only word throwing him off is nigeria. if you're so paranoid, ask for him to pay via money order, cash it, then send it off. No real problem, then.

It'd be suss if he says he'll pay via western union after the item ships.

aussie-boy

HSC
this is an old thread, but people should understand that giving bank details is the standard way of paying on ebay - i cant see how there are any dangers in giving out your account number, name and bsb: the only think that should be secret is your pin

Evilo

HSC
aussie-boy said:
this is an old thread, but people should understand that giving bank details is the standard way of paying on ebay - i cant see how there are any dangers in giving out your account number, name and bsb: the only think that should be secret is your pin
but do you really want your banking details circulating around nigeria?

I'd say paypal is the way to go here.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Get them to pay by money order. Once you get it, you can cash it at the post office before you even post the item, so the person wont get your bank details, and wont be able to retract the payment or anything after youve sent it!

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
very shifty I would not take part, for all you know they are trying to import drugs and make it look like you did it.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
very shifty I would not take part, for all you know they are trying to import drugs and make it look like you did it.
didn't God give you logic?

MedKid

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
I sold me Xbox on eBay and got this email from the buyer:

Dear Seller,
I will like to inform you that i am the winner of your ebay item.I want to purchase these Item for a friend oversea as a gift,He works with the America refineries Industries there in West Africa Due to my workload, i might not be checking my mails often.I want you to find out the shipping cost of the item to him in Nigeria Via Australia express post international(EMS) Delivery (www.auspost.com.au ) and get back to me with the total.Hope the package will get to him in good condition? ..What is the present condition of this item and does it comes in it's original box and full accessories?.I will be paying you for the item via Bank Deposit, so get back to me with your full Bank details where payment will be deposited to or if you prefer to be paid via postal money order, then get back to me with your full name and address where payment will be sent to.
THANKS.

This is suss right?
Scamm 100% Ill tell u that Right now
no1. He Sent u a Website link it can be inframed as anything ive delt with this shit before the site says www.auspost.com.au but really as soon as u Click on that link (if his a good hacker Say Bye Bye) BAM u got a Keylogger on your PC
this Thread may be Old But ud be totally Pwned!
as one time a person sent me a link in an email then 5 minutes later my hotmail wouldnt log in?? i was like wtf then 10mins Later Norton Detected a Key logger.

See how shifty these MOFO can be from one Website click my pc had a Keylogger GOD DAM HIPPIES i say.

Dota55

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:

Dear Seller,
I will like to inform you that i am the winner of your ebay item.I want to purchase these Item for a friend oversea as a gift,He works with the America refineries Industries there in West Africa Due to my workload, i might not be checking my mails often.I want you to find out the shipping cost of the item to him in Nigeria Via Australia express post international(EMS) Delivery (www.auspost.com.au ) and get back to me with the total.Hope the package will get to him in good condition? ..What is the present condition of this item and does it comes in it's original box and full accessories?.I will be paying you for the item via Bank Deposit, so get back to me with your full Bank details where payment will be deposited to or if you prefer to be paid via postal money order, then get back to me with your full name and address where payment will be sent to.
THANKS.

This is suss right?
Nigeria = scam, usually. They are well known for the copious number of scams they run.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
MedKid said:
Scamm 100% Ill tell u that Right now
no1. He Sent u a Website link it can be inframed as anything ive delt with this shit before the site says www.auspost.com.au but really as soon as u Click on that link (if his a good hacker Say Bye Bye) BAM u got a Keylogger on your PC
this Thread may be Old But ud be totally Pwned!
as one time a person sent me a link in an email then 5 minutes later my hotmail wouldnt log in?? i was like wtf then 10mins Later Norton Detected a Key logger.

See how shifty these MOFO can be from one Website click my pc had a Keylogger GOD DAM HIPPIES i say.
no, you need to install software or an activex control for it to be a keylogger. you can't 'BAM' get a keylogger just by visiting a site.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
either thta, or just visit the website on a public computer.

ie; school library, internet cafe, etc.
although, one of my friends once loaded a keylogger onto the local net cafe computers. needless to say, it wreaked a lot of havok. lol. logging in as the admin. XD

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ive been tempted to do something like that before, not really to wreak havoc, but just to pry into peoples lives when i am bored.

this is 100% scam btw, just sell it to the next highest bidder or something, i dont know how ebay works but i assume you can do that if the highest is suspect or refusing to pay you in your proffered way.

Shanku

HSC
Oh jeez, just deny the sale and put it back on eBay hoping for a more legit buyer.

5233andy

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:

Dear Seller,
THANKS.

This is suss right?
This is how I'd think of it:

Anything associated with Nigeria is a scam. End of story.

I've received dozens of the Nigerian scam letters in my inbox. How did they get hold of my address in the first place?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)