is this year depressing you? (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Redbeard said:
At the start it was sort of stressing me out, but as the year has gone on i am becoming less and less stressed. I have started to realise that the hsc isn't everything in life, and that with more preparation i do much better and am less stressed.

I also found that taking time out with people who aren't doing their hsc has helped. This is because they are not stressed like my friends are, and i can talk to them about other things, its not just about the hsc with them. With these people, because some are older and some are younger, i can talk to some about the hsc, and the younger ones i'm free to talk about other things because they are only in year 10, so at the moment they don't care about the hsc.
on the contrary ill start using simple language and because the hsc is so intergrated into me ill start using simple language in my hsc if i do associate with anyone not doing the hsc on a regular basis.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
ahahaha ^ nah not really. it's good, because a) you either get someone to complain to, but since all of yr 12 is complaining anyway, the main asset is b) you actually talk about something non-hsc related for a while. talking to normal non-hsc people helps :)

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
Despite the fact that i've put on an excess of 1232139801293 kilograms, developed acnius bacterialis, and can't remember what it feels like to have nothing to do/to live without thsi constant weight of guilt..

i'm rather fond of year 12.:eek:

Most of my high school years i've associated with people older than me.. but since i've been in year 12 and tehyre all finished i seem tohave drifted from those people and gotten closer to people my own age..

perhaps because tehy understand and still remember what it's like as theyre going through it...

Hate to admit it but i love going to edassist holiday lectures...you can hold a conversation with absolutely anyone in the whole lecture theatre (even if it isjust whinging about how year 12 is 'depressing' you.. haha (L)]
(L)

& i like the teachers & how they're excessively nice to you.. [maybe theyre thinking that they should get closer to us because we might make it big time haha..]

& i like being up at 3 am in the morning doing assessments with the whole 20 people in your ext1 english class online.. [but hate how thye all slowly start dwindling and go offline becausetheyre finished and you're still typing away about the conventions of revenge tragedy.]

but shite! (L) Can't wait for uni!

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
I actually have to admit that Year 12 has been a real blast for me. Well, basically Cosmology and the ISS, which really isn't a part of the Year 12 experience, but those two things combined have really just made this year incredibly worthwhile :D

HSC
I wouldn’t say year 12 is depressing, I find it interesting, I love doing science subs!! Especially now that we got 3 months 1 day left, MORE THE REASON TO STUDY!!! lmao, then u will never have to study this hard ever again-_-, I guess what makes u feel good in year 12 is the marks u get [coz they r usually MUCH better than years 7-11]
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

duckmeister

HSC
I'm finding year 12 horribly depressing! So hard to actually get on top of everything... this may have a lot to do with the fact I have the uncanny ability to leave everything to the last minute, but still... I'm sure it'd year 12's fault :p
Art major doesn't help the stress levels!
Overall though... at least it's the last year of all this rubbish! :)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Why are people finding this year depressing?

I must finish this major; I must learn this well; I must study hard; I must do well; I must beat my friends; I must get into uni; I must not end up on the streets; I must get 100!!

A bit absurd here.

I think the reason why people are stressed in their HSC year is because of the fact that they raise the bar rather too high. There are just too many goals and too many "must-achieve"s here.

The reason why people do get stressed (at this age) at school is because people are moving into perfectionism. You start setting goals and hence you're pressuring yourself. (As I said earlier, just a bit of pressure would be good to motivate yourself). Relax yourself if you are depressed. Your mind can't spend 90+% of its time concentrating on study. :)

Another reason why you shouldn't procrastinate- as you get closer to your exam day, you'll have even more goals to fulfil (added with the fact that time is vanishing) and this adds pressure and stress. (Stress inhibits productivity and worsens well-being)

codydhu

AdherentFollower
HSC
f3nr15 said:
show me how to get a $60,000+ salary without going to university
Thats fairly ignorant/narrow minded.
-People who get a trade usually start to earn over 60k after a while - depending on where they live and what trade.
-People who start businesses that are at least mildly successful can make good money
-After a number of years of experience in any industry, people can earn more than 60k, even in retail and hospitality (as long as they apply themselves and are good at their jobs)

Both my brothers only went to year 10 and they earn over $70,000, but at the same time my sister has only ever had part time jobs and even though she is older than them, she doesnt earn very much at all.

I do realise that people who go to uni typically earn more than those who dont, so dont bother pointing that out.

Amy Lou

Academic
HSC
One minor meltdown so far, but not depressed by the work.

Last edited:
HSC
to be honest...
yeh, it is
its assessment after assessment...you think your done...but wait, there is more assessments due...its so hard.
and then its just depressing when i think i have done really well in something and then i get a bad mark back...
its getting me down

HSC
Sparcod said:
Why are people finding this year depressing?

I must finish this major; I must learn this well; I must study hard; I must do well; I must beat my friends; I must get into uni; I must not end up on the streets; I must get 100!!

A bit absurd here.
I know exactly what you mean! I hav to admit that i am finding this year rather depressing, but its not because i put myself through i must to well...must best my friends, must get high marks...
i know that there are otherways to achieve what i want and the hsc is not the end of the world...so if people think that...they are making it hard for themselves.

Loza33

HSC
It is hard to say....

The work this year has been hard, and stressful and exhausting.... but at times when i do get all upset and depressed it is more to do with the worry about next year.. the fear of the end of this year.. than this actual year.. if that makes sense... day to day is fun... but what is to come is scary and depressing, simply because of the lack of control!!

Next year, at uni, i am sure that i will look back on this year and have fond memories... and be grateful for all that it has taught me...

Right now Drama is stressing me.... THREE WEEKS!!!

cupcake08

HSC
yeah i guess it kind of varies

the depressing:
all nighters... weeks where you're up to 3 or 4 am several days in a row...then days where you have to do in-class assessments on like 2 hours sleep
feeling guilty all the time when you're not working
coming on bos and looking at all the people who have studied all holidays when you haven't and feeling even more guilty :p
ultra competitive friends
not being able to get inside your bedroom from the junk
putting on weight/losing weight from stress

and the good:
year 12 privileges
bonding more with people
knowing that school is almooost over soon

W

With Wings

Nah, not depressed, ive been coping quite well. But its all in organization, ive been keeping to my timetable which saves me any stress issues.

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC
With Wings said:
Nah, not depressed, ive been coping quite well. But its all in organization, ive been keeping to my timetable which saves me any stress issues.
Lol timetable.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Loza33 said:
Next year, at uni, i am sure that i will look back on this year and have fond memories... and be grateful for all that it has taught me...

Right now Drama is stressing me.... THREE WEEKS!!!
Yeah...trust me. It's for one year only. I am certainly looking back right now. :p
Year 12 is definitely the most memorable of all years (even though it's only 3 terms long). Drama is causing you drama?

cupcake08 said:
yeah i guess it kind of varies

the depressing:
all nighters... weeks where you're up to 3 or 4 am several days in a row...then days where you have to do in-class assessments on like 2 hours sleep
feeling guilty all the time when you're not working
coming on bos and looking at all the people who have studied all holidays when you haven't and feeling even more guilty :p
ultra competitive friends
not being able to get inside your bedroom from the junk
putting on weight/losing weight from stress

and the good:
year 12 privileges
bonding more with people
knowing that school is almooost over soon
Yeah you do need to look on the bright side sometimes and I want you to not miss out on the joys of term 3. Your problem seems to be really serious if you're staying up to 4am doing an all-nighter.
Note that the lack of sleep is adding to your stress. You're not looking after yourself physically either. Don't do an all-nighter please. Instead, just cut down a little of what you ought to do if you feel you're outta time.

Do chilll out and take a break once in a while. The pain and pressure is really building up isn't it?
The guilt and lack of sleep is inhibiting your performance.

Sad Statue said:
No. I'm not depressed. I'm a very happy gentleman.
I hope so! :D
It's either you don't care about studies or you are extremely confident and ever-ready. I hope it's the latter!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)