Is western civilisation better than aboriginies of the past? (2 Viewers)

cxlxoxk

HSC
Riet said:
We're to cynical because it's blatantly obvious that western civilisation is better than being a hunter-gatherer?
no, hunter-gatherers are more simple than western civilisation, simplicity has its own advantages...less stress, etc...

simplicity not always = worse.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
cxlxoxk said:
No, its despite their reasons behind their views, which may be rational and reasoned, i still think it is too cynical, along with other things ("stupid" may i say).
Then that's not understanding. Understanding is the ability to debate for either side of the argument. The ability to see the pros and cons of every belief system. Only the ignorant pick a side and never stray from it.
Anyone who truly knows the reasons and rationale behind both sides of an argument will automatically become a moderate. Picking sides is impossible when you can sympathise with both views.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
big8oyjames said:
please give me one fucking advantage. FUCKING 1
Less expectations.
Less stress.
More time to devote to activities one enjoys.
Shorter education period.
Cbf thinking up more.

cxlxoxk

HSC
moll. said:
Then that's not understanding. Understanding is the ability to debate for either side of the argument. The ability to see the pros and cons of every belief system. Only the ignorant pick a side and never stray from it.
Anyone who truly knows the reasons and rationale behind both sides of an argument will automatically become a moderate. Picking sides is impossible when you can sympathise with both views.
can you sympathise with my sort of views???

edit: ok...

i'll go read 1984, and see what's in that book that was mentioned b4...any more suggestions of books?

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
i'm sick of reasoning with you.

fuck you, you EAS slut.

people are not equal they never will be there are always differences between people intelligence, height, build, religion, skin colour. Some of these things we can change some of these things we can't, Everyone has the right to disagree with a religion or set of cultural values and to not wish to associate themselves with a person because of it. I may be petty but they can do whatever they like. I've seen very few examples of true racism, people like you just overhype the situation.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
cxlxoxk said:

i'll go read 1984, and see what's in that book that was mentioned b4...
You've never even heard of the book? I think you need to get out a bit more. Keep up with literature classics. It's reasonably acceptable to have never heard of something like Fyodor Dostoevsky and his Brothers Karamazov, but it's not acceptable for someone involved in an intellectual debate to not even know who Eric Blair (who uses the pen name of George Orwell) is and what his works are.
And yes, i can sympathise with your views. In fact, many of your views are my own. But i'm arguing with you because you're an idiot and are taking your views too far to the extreme. Also because you obviously have no idea about what the counter-arguments are.

Last edited:

cxlxoxk

HSC
moll. said:
You've never even heard of the book? I think you need to get out a bit more. Keep up with literature classics. It's reasonably acceptable to have never heard of something like Fyodor Dostoevsky and his Brothers Karamazov, but it's not acceptable for someone involved in an intellectual debate to not even know who Eric Blair (who uses the pen name of George Orwell) is and what his works are.
I have heard of the book, i just never read it...

I read lots of books...cut down on my reading since end of hsc, i think last non-fiction book i read was "The Art of War" Sun Tzu...

Oooh George Orwell, is he the guy that wrote Animal Farm???

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
cxlxoxk said:

I read lots of books...cut down on my reading since end of hsc, i think last non-fiction book i read was "The Art of War" Sun Tzu...

lol god your pathetic... obviously you googled who he was and are now trying to display your 'intelligence' through posing questions which you already know the answer to.

cxlxoxk

HSC
Hagaren said:
lol god your pathetic... obviously you googled who he was and are now trying to display your 'intelligence' through posing questions which you already know the answer to.
No i read George Orwell's Animal Farm b4, haven't read 1984...

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
cxlxoxk said:

Yes, he is.
The Art of War is pointless reading for someone our age unless you're doing a business management degree or are studying at the RMC Duntroon. Ditto for The Prince.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Oh and also:

cxlxoxk said:
Yes, i can sympathise with your views. In fact, many of your views are my own. But i'm arguing with you because you're an idiot and are taking your views too far to the extreme. Also because you obviously have no idea about what the counter-arguments are.

cxlxoxk

HSC
moll. said:
Yes, he is.
The Art of War is pointless reading for someone our age unless you're doing a business management degree or are studying at the RMC Duntroon. Ditto for The Prince.
I know, i just like to read...

Whether it's pointless or not...

Will start reading again now, after a hiatus due to hsc and stuff, now that its over i can...

moll. said:
Oh and also:

Yes, i can sympathise with your views. In fact, many of your views are my own. But i'm arguing with you because you're an idiot and are taking your views too far to the extreme. Also because you obviously have no idea about what the counter-arguments are.
if u noticed...i went

edit: ok...

that was just after reading the advantages of their way of life...that u said...

Last edited:

cxlxoxk

HSC
John_Oliver said:
Furthermore the UN seems to think humanity has a right to genocide, given how complicit they have been in helping dictators commit it.
Lol, just lol!

Have you heard of the flag people wave, when UN tries to intervene, the flag called "state sovereignty"..., they are restricted in what they can do...

Not only that, the UN has limited funding, they can't just go all out spending...

Thats what the US does, lol at the War on Iraq/War against Terrorism.

"You drive planes through our buildings, so we will march over there and own the living shit out of you". Wow...they went overboard.

Last edited:

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
arghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

someone make me a mod so i can IP block this moron.

cxlxoxk

HSC
Yes please do block me/put me on ignore...

excluding "moll."...i don't think i wanna talk with you all, you're all telling me to understand/sympathise your views, when some of you think the traditional Aboriginal way of life has NO advantages..., it's more like you don't sympathise with my views.

I'm gonna read 1984.

I want people to read/re-read about Aboriginal history, and read about Aboriginal culture.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
your joking right.

i make it my mission to blast every single one of your posts i see on this forum from now on.

walkahz

HSC
Ah fuck i cant beleive I am getting in this.:vcross:
The true mark of a civilisation is their abillity to adapt!
If the Aboriginies were superiour (spelling) they would have adapted to the changes (not to mention they made very few advances during their thousands of years on the continent).
They did not adapt so they died it is as simple as that.
They are given every opportunity that whites are if not more cough welfare cough.
I belive the government should cut welfare to aboriginals for a year. Maybe that will make them get a job. It will also probably cause a rise in the crime rate however (they wont be able to afford booze so they will steal it).

cxlxoxk

HSC
walkahz said:
Ah fuck i cant beleive I am getting in this.:vcross:
The true mark of a civilisation is their abillity to adapt!
If the Aboriginies were superiour (spelling) they would have adapted to the changes (not to mention they made very few advances during their thousands of years on the continent).
They did not adapt so they died it is as simple as that.
They are given every opportunity that whites are if not more cough welfare cough.
I belive the government should cut welfare to aboriginals for a year. Maybe that will make them get a job. It will also probably cause a rise in the crime rate however (they wont be able to afford booze so they will steal it).
Lol them adapting to changes we brought...

How about if we tried to adapt to their traditional way of life (hunting-gathering)? Would we succeed? From what you are saying like aborigines are shit, i don't think you would.

walkahz

HSC
I could if need be even if i didnt like it!
Many other civilisations have adapted to change why didnt they?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)