• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is western civilisation better than aboriginies of the past? (1 Viewer)

ongitsanjali

HSC
John Oliver said:
Did those primary sources change as your argument changed or are you just lacking in any tangible comprehension skills?
FOR GOD'S SAKE CHECK IT OUT YOURSELF

it probably puts it in a more coherent and better way than i do anyways

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
The Aboriginal's make me want to cry.

Because they're so shit.

ongitsanjali

HSC
John Oliver said:
Or, one looks like it was drawn by a two year old and the other one has an appreciable sense of breathtaking beauty.
how are you NOT a white supremacist?

try to understand that there are other ways of looking at things that you will never understand.
it's hard to explain but i know how it is, being of an indian background and trying to explain that our classical music is not, as it appears on the face of it, wailing but when you understand it, it is actually highly intellectual.

ehhh that made no sense but you get the general idea yeh?

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
John Oliver said:
What do the aboriginals own, Ebony?

A massive pay-out called "Welfare".

And a free bus ticket to centrelink.

ongitsanjali

HSC
John Oliver said:
You're making the argument that the cultures are equal and you're attempting to use evidence to do so but you've not really provided any, nor have you argued in a cogent way.

Thus far you've parroted nonsense with nothing to back you up and then called those who opposed you racists. Great going, wonderful argumentative style, I'll make sure to visit the maccas you'll be working at in '10 and order many sundaes to give your job satisfaction.
dude do you want direct quotes?

and uhh... thanks?

ongitsanjali

HSC
John Oliver said:
By the very fact that I'm not...

Different strokes for different folks; pity this argument means nothing when met with the actual sociological outcomes of different societies.

Is dying better than being alive or is being alive better than dying?
oh deary me, you keep repeating the same thing again and again.

i would refute you but cbb, just look at what i wrote before.

MORTALITY AND CULTURE ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS YOU BLITHERING IDIOT.

and you are, essentially fom what ur saying, a supremacist.
definition:
the belief, theory, or doctrine that the white race is superior to all other races, esp. the black race

HA

ongitsanjali

HSC
ongitsanjali said:
oh deary me, you keep repeating the same thing again and again.

i would refute you but cbb, just look at what i wrote before.

MORTALITY AND CULTURE ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS YOU BLITHERING IDIOT.

and you are, essentially fom what ur saying, a supremacist.
definition:
the belief, theory, or doctrine that the white race is superior to all other races, esp. the black race

HA
out of interest btw, how old are you?

ongitsanjali

HSC
there's no need to swear...

*sigh*
culture: the quality in a person or society that arises from a concern for what is regarded as excellent in arts, letters, manners, scholarly pursuits, etc.

mortality does actually NOT come into it, no matter how you look at it.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
ongitsanjali said:
i meant his, but i acc. replied to the wrong one
ahh right.

the only vague possibility i could come up with was that you posted the first one, then forgot you had posted it to the extent that you didn't even recognise it when you saw it again.

from there it seemed that not only did you not recognise it, but you thought so poorly of the intellect displayed in the post that you patronised it by asking how old the poster was.

thats all i could think of.

seriously though, that would have been the funniest thing ever

cxlxoxk

HSC
yes, these morons don't quite seem to get that mortality (deaths) or how long you live, is not a factor in judging whether a culture is superior, there is no factor for judging the superiority of a culture. this is because there are no superior cultures, only simple and more complex ones...and simplicity and complexity is no factor in judging whether a culture is superior either.

the only thing that lifespan and mortality indicates about a culture is how long the people belonging to a particular culture lived, and "different strokes for different folks" says that people of a particular culture don't need to live long, to be a part of their culture.

so the only possible answer for this question is that they are in equal grounds, meaning they are all unique cultures, and since they are all unique they are all equally unique to their own.

---

this question was worded horribly, it should say is the "western world", not western civilisation, because human civilisation isn't merely the western world.

Last edited:

ongitsanjali

HSC
and, AS I SAID BEFORE (we seem to be going round in circles.. weeeeeee) their low mortality and general stuffed up-ness is because of the abuse and ostracisation they've suffered in the last 200ish years.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
cxlxoxk said:
yes, these morons don't quite seem to get that mortality (deaths) or how long you live, is not a factor in judging whether a culture is superior, there is no factor for judging the superiority of a culture. this is because there are no superior cultures, only simple and more complex ones...and simplicity and complexity is no factor in judging whether a culture is superior either.

the only thing that lifespan and mortality indicates about a culture is how long the people belonging to a particular culture lived, and "different strokes for different folks" says that people of a particular culture don't need to live long, to be a part of their culture.

so the only possible answer for this question is that they are in equal grounds, meaning they are all unique cultures, and since they are all unique they are all equally unique to their own.

---

this question was worded horribly, it should say is the "western world", not western civilisation, because human civilisation isn't merely the western world.
*wipes tear*

that was beautiful.

*throws bouquet, applauding emphatically*

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
ongitsanjali said:
and, AS I SAID BEFORE (we seem to be going round in circles.. weeeeeee) their low mortality and general stuffed up-ness is because of the abuse and ostracisation they've suffered in the last 200ish years.
let's keep it to monsyllabic words

BEFORE

WHITES

COME

THEY

HAVE

SHIT

LIVES

IN

BUSH

AND

DIE

YOUNG

OF

CURABLE-DISEASES

OR-IN-CHILD-BIRTH

OR-OF-STARVATION

BECAUSE-THEY-LIVED-IN-A-HUNTER-GATHERER-SOCIETY

WHICH-YOU-WOULDN'T-BE-WILLING-TO-LIVE-IN

BECAUSE-IT-FUCKING-SUCKS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)