• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Islam (1 Viewer)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
princessj said:
how many times on the news do u hear or the drunk muslim gang of guys raping innocent girls?
not many..actually
maybe once or twice
not half as many times as i hear about ministers or bishops molesting innocent young boys...etc

Jacks

HSC
neither practice has anything to do with either Christianity or Islam. I think it's extremely ignorant to put it down to religion...I mean no where in the bible does it say it's ok to rape or molest people, and the Quran certainly doesn't promote it. There are good and bad people of every religion, some may try and blame their actions on their religions, as may others...but you can't take it to mean that all Muslims think rape is ok, or that all priests etc condone the rape and molestation of people…a religion, or religious group should not be branded collectively for the actions of a select few who happen to belong to that religion.

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Jacks said:
neither practice has anything to do with either Christianity or Islam. I think it's extremely ignorant to put it down to religion...I mean no where in the bible does it say it's ok to rape or molest people, and the Quran certainly doesn't promote it. There are good and bad people of every religion, some may try and blame their actions on their religions, as may others...but you can't take it to mean that all Muslims think rape is ok, or that all priests etc condone the rape and molestation of people…and a religion and religious group should not be branded collectively for the actions of a select few who happen to belong to that religion.
exactly
dont judge a book by its cover
you dont judge a religon by its followers
because they are not always the perfect examples
islam and a muslim are 2 different things
just like christianity and a christian are 2 different things
you have to see judge the religon for what it is..not by someones actions that infact are going totally against the religon

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
Jacks said:
neither practice has anything to do with either Christianity or Islam. I think it's extremely ignorant to put it down to religion...I mean no where in the bible does it say it's ok to rape or molest people, and the Quran certainly doesn't promote it. There are good and bad people of every religion, some may try and blame their actions on their religions, as may others...but you can't take it to mean that all Muslims think rape is ok, or that all priests etc condone the rape and molestation of people…a religion, or religious group should not be branded collectively for the actions of a select few who happen to belong to that religion.
well said.......i give u...23 points.

monzi

HSC
---

DaddyK said:
I think its fucked how some muslims think that their god will reward them for killing other people, how fucked is that.
Those people arn't real muslims. Being a muslim myself in our Koran it says that those who kill will go to hell. I think those type of people represent everything that REAL muslims arn't. The media portrays us muslims in the worst possible way.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
monzi said:
Those people arn't real muslims. Being a muslim myself in our Koran it says that those who kill will go to hell. I think those type of people represent everything that REAL muslims arn't. The media portrays us muslims in the worst possible way.
"they are fake muslims" - lol

Jacks

HSC
well I don't really think you can say it like that, and those that are are treated that way on the basis of culture more than religion. If you actually research the religion, Islam awarded females with more rights than they had previously.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
RingerINC said:
Has anyone else seen that show 30 days where one guy lives like a muslim for 30 days?
no, havent heard of it but that would be interesting
have you seen it?..what was the outcome of his lifestyle change or whatever?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
the dude was circumcised, and he became a loner. He lost his job and his friends ditched him cause he didnt drink with em. He was constantly sick as it ruined his diet (no pork)- basically it destroyed his life --wat an idiot!

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
HotShot said:
the dude was circumcised, and he became a loner. He lost his job and his friends ditched him cause he didnt drink with em. He was constantly sick as it ruined his diet (no pork)- basically it destroyed his life --wat an idiot!
well if thats the case..works differently for everyone
i have about 3 close friends who are converts to islam
and their lives are beautiful as far as they are concerned

HotShot

-_-
HSC
soha said:
well if thats the case..works differently for everyone
i have about 3 close friends who are converts to islam
and their lives are beautiful as far as they are concerned
i said the guy was an idiot!

HSC
N/A
islam is the religion of peace
the purpose of our creation is to worship allah
and it feels great to be muslim

hApPy1

HSC
aint it ironic how islam also means peace in arabic....* suicide bombers* i never got that...

tempco

HSC
hApPy1 said:
aint it ironic how islam also means peace in arabic....* suicide bombers* i never got that...
uh, maybe cause what they're doing isn't in accordance with islam?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)