• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Islam (1 Viewer)

monzi

HSC
--

SabtheLab said:
yeh, our family friend had the stroller, her daughter had to get to work (i was the one with the scowl on my face). im half-leb, half syrian (actually 3/4 syrian). you?

Same! I'm half leb half syrian as well.

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
oh wow! i hardly ever meet half leb half syrians. do you ever get weird looks when you tell people that your half-half? people tend to think that the two hate each other......which is slightly true i guess

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
in response to the guy who said muslim women treated like crap, sweetie, you have to look at their cultural context. The women who do get treated like that (ie. saudi arabia, afghanistan, jordan etc.) live in a very patriarchal society that dates back centuries before Muhammad(pbuh) was even born. the purpose of islam was to wipe this patriarchy out and in true islamic states, it did. (ie. islamic spain). the mistreatment your looking at is the result of millenia old views which have unfortunataely pervaded the interpretation of islam in these countries.

if you want a true reflection of how women should be treated in islam, you have to look at the Quran itself. western women today ramble on proudly about the advances they've made in progressing the rights of women. the bra-burning hippies of the 60's certainly have made thier mark. but someone should kindly tell them that the rights which they burnt their lace underwear for was already won by a man 1400 years ago called Prophet Mohamad.

YoungSaint

HSC
hey hey howdy all.. this will be my first post.. and what a great place to post it on..well let me tell you the deal.. im a full blooded australian my mum is ausie.. my dad aussie.. my sisters brother and me all 100% aussie.. but as of 3 months ago.. i am now a brother of Islam... and its great... if any one wants to know the story about our prayer or about our Prophet Muhammad's (pbuh) journey then here is one...intiltled " The Night Journey"..

One Calm night in Mekkah, one year before the migration to Madinah, the roof of the Prophet Muhammad's house was opened while he was sleeping, and the Noble Angel Gabriel came towards him. He opened his chest, removed his heart, and washed it with Zamzam water. He then brought a vessel made of gold containing wisdom and faith. He emptied the vessel into the noble chest of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and then closed it up.
Gabriel woke the Prophet (pbuh) and took him by his hand to the gate of the sacred Ka'bah. There, the Prophet (pbuh) saw a white creature, smaller than an mule, larger than a donkey with wings on each side of its hind legs. The Prophet (pbuh) mounted the creature and they took off north to Bayt Al-Maqdis in Jerusalem. This part of the journey is refered to as Al-Isra'a.
After dismounting the creature, the Prophet (pbuh) entered Al-Aqsa Mosque and prayed two units. He then saw the Prophets Moses, Jesus and Abraham (pbut), and was instructed to lead them in prayer.
Next Muhammad (pbuh) mouted the creature again, and set off shooting out of the solar system into the heavens. This ascension is known as Al-Mi'raj. Gabriel led the Prophet (pbuh) to the Lote tree. At this point of the Prophets journey, Allah spoke to him directly and revealed to him the last verses of Al-Baqarah.
It is during this journey that Allah made the daily prayers compulsory; initially 50 daily prayers for the Prophet (pbuh) and his followers. After the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) received these instructions from Allah, he came down untill he passed Moses, who asked about the acts of worship Allah had prescribed for him. When the Prophet (pbuh) informed him about the fifty prayers Moses said: " Your people will not be able to perform fifty prayers each day. I tried the people before you- I had to deal with the Children of Israel- and it was very difficult for me. Go back to your Lord and ask him to reduce the burden on your people." The Prophet (pbuh) did so and Allah reduced it by ten, but when he came by Moses again, he suggested that he return and request a further reduction for the same reason, so he returned. Muhammad (pbuh) continued to go back and forth between his Lord and Moses until Allah said:"There will be 5 prayers everyday, each prayer being rewarded as ten, thus making it equivalent to fifty daily prayers." The Prophet (pbuh) passed by Moses once more and informed him of the five daily prayers. Moses repeated that he should go back again, however the Prophet (pbuh) said:"I have asked my Lord untill i am too shy to face Him. I accept this and submit to Him."
On this journey the Prophet (pbuh) was taken to Paradise, where he saw dwellings made of pearls and their soils made of musk. He was also taken to Hell, where Allah revealed to him scenes from the future. He saw people receiving terrible punishments for different sins.
The Prophet (pbuh) then returned home to find his bed still warm.

Peace and love to all..

Last edited:

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
YoungSaint said:
hey hey howdy all.. this will be my first post.. and what a great place to post it on..well let me tell you the deal.. im a full blooded australian my mum is ausie.. my dad aussie.. my sisters brother and me all 100% aussie.. but as of 3 months ago.. i am now a brother of Islam... and its great... if any one wants to know the story about our prayer or about our Prophet Muhammad's (pbuh) journey then here is one...intiltled " The Night Journey"..

Peace and love to all..
can i ask u
what made u want to convert?
how old are you?
what were your influences to convert?
what do your surrounding people and families think about it?
are u involved with anyone that is islamic?

YoungSaint

HSC
MzbLaZeIT said:
can i ask u
what made u want to convert?
how old are you?
what were your influences to convert?
what do your surrounding people and families think about it?
are u involved with anyone that is islamic?

yes of course you may ask me..
I have had to justify myself to so many people already..
Ever since about Year 8 i have seen how being a Muslim
has affected peoples lives. I have a few Muslim friends, and
i have seen how it affects their lives, like they have a purpose.
A purpose which was missing from my life untill not long ago...
I did alot of research on Islam, and i came to the conclusion
that this is what is missing from my life. See being a muslim
its not just a religion, its a lifestyle... its a purpose.... a meaning
of existance...im 17 years old and about your question if im
involved with anyone that is Islamic... if you mean do i have a
Muslim girlfriend... sorry no i do not... my family are all for me
doing it.. as long as i believe in it... and i do... my family and friends
are all for it..
MzbLaZeIt i will end with:
Allah the Almighty stated: "Verily, you (O Muhammad) guide not
whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills. And He knows
best those who are guided." (28:56)

Not-That-Bright my brother... i did not ask anyone to believe in
somthing they didnt... it is a personal choice... and if its not yours
then thats fine... but please i do not appreciate your sarcasim
towards a story in which we believe in... if you dont believe it then
thats ok.. no one is forcing you to believe in anything... just dont say
that the things we believe in are silly...

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
YoungSaint said:
Allah the Almighty stated: "Verily, you (O Muhammad) guide not
whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills. And He knows
best those who are guided." (28:56)

QUOTE]
suphanAllah i love that verse
my friend converted to islam one night when he had a dream and in the dream he saw the quaran and he woke up and opened a quaran which his friend had given him to read coz he was curious about islam
and he read the line 'Allah guides whom he wills'
and he was like touched you might say and suphanAllah he accepted islam...(after research and everything..but its amazing how his first reaction to his dream when he woke up was to open the koran(that was in his bedside draw) and the first thing he read was Allah guides those he wills..
Alhamdulilah for you and islam bro..inshallah Allah blesses you down the straight path and keeps your iman strong ...amen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)