Israel–Gaza conflict (4 Viewers)

tempco

HSC
Exphate said:
Except that it wasn't the Palestinians land. Was the Turks, then the Brits, then the UN voted for Israel and Palestine (as it was before the 1948 war) to be established, with Jeruselum a UN "Green Zone". So the analogy fails anyway.
Except under the Turks and the Brits, Palestinian claim to their own land was given its due right. And the proposed UN plan was a joke.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
katie tully said:
hey retards wots going on in this thread atm

summary plz cbf reading your gay essays on dumb stuff

dot points will be fine
Tbh they should just launch an invasion at dawn in the middle of Ramadan.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
I think it might have happened a while back but i just heard that the IDF bombed UN headquarters. The 2 schools+medical center was bad but fucking hell, did destroying food storages get their jollies off or something?! Awesome 'surgical strikes' by the IDF. Wipe the aid sites off the map.

Edu.kid

HSC
davidbarnes said:
If Canberra be came its own coutnry and started shellign Sydney, we woudl want everythign doen to stop them. You go to war to win, not to lose. Face it ,Israel has a far superior military, and the terrorits (hamas) are bloody idiots. They now admit that Israel reacted far greater than they expected them to, so heopfully they've now learnt a lesson (like Lebanon did).
Lebanon killed 116 israeli soldiers and israel mainly killed 1000 civilians? Hamas is stupid but to ur first statement the opposing side would do equally the same to get their stolen homeland back.

Mike Larry

HSC
Rageeb said:
I think it might have happened a while back but i just heard that the IDF bombed UN headquarters. The 2 schools+medical center was bad but fucking hell, did destroying food storages get their jollies off or something?! Awesome 'surgical strikes' by the IDF. Wipe the aid sites off the map.
fuck me! what will be their next target? innocent women and children?

mdnofxtc

HSC
Israel should pick on someone their own size. This bloodshed better end on both sides asap

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I wonder how many Jews were assaulted and harassed this past Shabbat by Palestinian sympathisers and Muslims?

I wonder how many Synagogues, Jewish shops, museums and monuments were desecrated this past Shabbat by Palestinian sympathisers and Muslims?

They are pathetic.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
davidbarnes said:
If Canberra be came its own coutnry and started shellign Sydney, we woudl want everythign doen to stop them. You go to war to win, not to lose. Face it ,Israel has a far superior military, and the terrorits (hamas) are bloody idiots. They now admit that Israel reacted far greater than they expected them to, so heopfully they've now learnt a lesson (like Lebanon did).
I believe the Australian equivalent of Israeli - Gaza Conflict would be:

Aboriginals travelling in the CBD throwing Boomerangs at people,
Australia launches Missiles with "Surgical Precision" that destroy "Weapon Producing Factories" where the boomerangs are being supplied,

Last edited:

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
Arab Morning Herald said:
Israel looked poised on Friday to call a unilateral halt to its deadliest ever offensive on Gaza after securing backing from the US and Egypt to prevent arms smuggling into the Hamas-run enclave.

A senior government official said Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's security cabinet was expected to vote in favour of a proposal at a meeting on Saturday night under which Israel would silence its guns after a three-week offensive even without a reciprocal agreement from the Islamists of Hamas.

However under the terms of the proposal, Israeli troops would remain inside the territory for an unspecified period, a senior Israeli government official said.

"The security cabinet is expected to vote in favour of a unilateral ceasefire at tomorrow's meeting following the signing of the memorandum in Washington and significant progress made in Cairo,'' the official told AFP, speaking on condition of anonymity.

"Israeli forces will remain in Gaza after the unilateral ceasefire takes place.''

The breakthrough came after Israel's Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni signed an agreement in Washington with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice under which the US would step up its levels of surveillance to prevent smuggling into Gaza, and a top envoy returned from talks with officials in Cairo.

"Olmert was satisfied with the results of the talks in Cairo, which answered Israel's basic requirements for a thorough answer to Israel's demands to halt rocket fire and an agreement on coordination between Israel and Egypt on the opening of the crossings'' in Gaza, added the official.

"Olmert was satisfied with the (US) memorandum and the Egyptian talks.''

However although Olmert is in favour of the unilateral ceasefire plan, its approval is not certain as the security cabinet has shown previous divisions over the conduct of the war which was designed to put an end to the firing of rockets from Hamas.

Even as the stage was being set for a possible end to the Israeli offensive, which has so far claimed more than 1150 Palestinian lives, the military was staging a fresh wave of deadly air strikes on the beleaguered territory.

At least 10 people were killed late on Friday in an Israeli strike on a house in Gaza City during a funeral wake, according to Palestinian medics.
They were not immediately able to say whether the explosion was caused by a tank shell or an air strike.

The deaths came shortly after a woman and her five children - all under the age of 13 - were killed when an air strike destroyed their house in Jabaliya, north of Gaza City, according to medics.

Earlier Khaled Meshaal, the exiled head of Hamas's politburo, told Arab leaders that his movement would not accept any ceasefire that did not provide for a full Israeli pullout and the opening of Gaza's borders, including into Egypt.

"I assure you: despite all the destruction in Gaza, we will not accept Israel's conditions for a ceasefire,'' he told a meeting of Arab and other leaders in Doha shortly before Hamas was invited to Cairo for a fresh round of talks.
The summit hosted by Qatar to address the Gaza war was boycotted by Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the Palestinian Authority, whose leaders will instead attend an Arab League gathering in Kuwait on Monday.

Clamping down on the porous Gaza-Egypt border, where hundreds of underground tunnels form Hamas's main rear supply route, has been a key Israeli demand for ending the offensive that has has also wounded around 5160 people.

After signing the deal in Washington, Livni told Israeli television that smuggling weapons into Gaza was tantamount to firing at Israel.

"They continue doing this, Israel has the right to respond,'' she said.

Rice said she hoped the agreement, under which the US will step up its surveillance on land, at sea and in the air in a bid to stamp out arms smuggling, would advance efforts to secure a ceasefire.

"There's a lot of work ahead here, but I certainly hope that we can push this to conclusion or ceasefire very, very soon.''

Hamas, which seized control of Gaza in June 2007 in a violent coup that ousted forces loyal to the Western-backed Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas, wants to be represented at Gaza's Rafah border crossing with Egypt.

Israel however has demanded that the border be monitored by Abbas's forces, and rejected a proposal by Hamas, conveyed via Egypt, for a year-long renewable ceasefire, according to an Israeli diplomatic source.
Israel, US sign anti-Gaza arms smuggling deal - World - smh.com.au

It was all worth it. Thanks Israel. <3 u.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Now they just need to finish destroying the current stockpiles that are hidden in Mosques, schools, homes and underground tunnels to prevent further attacks, ensure the borders are secure and allow more humanitarian aid in.

IRC-Supporter

HSC
All Israel has done to for itself in this war is tarnish anything left of its international image. Rockets continue to be fired (failed war) and children continue to die. Even Bolivia and Venezuela, out of all countries have expelled there Israeli ambassadors and seized all ties with Israel. It is time for this war to end, because obviously Israel is not achieving anything.

BTW: Why is it you guys keep banning people. Stop it. If you are not willing to accept the truth just continue with your ignorant comments, and stop thinking that by banning people you are hiding the truth.

END THE WAR NOW!

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC
to tell you the truth, i simply dont give a 2 shits about the Palestinians. fuck them. yeah, sometimes i might boast about how me and those Palestinians go way back but deep down...i don't give a 2 shits. Israel should get it over and done with and take over the middle east from the Nile to that other river (in Iraq). who is going to stop them? an arab on a camel? c'mon.

do i think what Israel is doing is correct? NO. do i give a shit. NO. am i going to loose sleep over this issue and fall into depression. fucking oath NO.

Infact, i would change my avatar and put up a pro Israel flags all over my sig if Israel attacked Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Syria.

Edu.kid

HSC
King.BBjames said:
to tell you the truth, i simply dont give a 2 shits about the Palestinians. fuck them. yeah, sometimes i might boast about how me and those Palestinians go way back but deep down...i don't give a 2 shits. Israel should get it over and done with and take over the middle east from the Nile to that other river (in Iraq). who is going to stop them? an arab on a camel? c'mon.

do i think what Israel is doing is correct? NO. do i give a shit. NO. am i going to loose sleep over this issue and fall into depression. fucking oath NO.

Infact, i would change my avatar and put up a pro Israel flags all over my sig if Israel attacked Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Syria.
You appear to have deep issues man and seem to be very disturbed. The best part about war is the ending.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
IRC-Supporter said:
All Israel has done to for itself in this war is tarnish anything left of its international image. Rockets continue to be fired (failed war) and children continue to die. Even Bolivia and Venezuela, out of all countries have expelled there Israeli ambassadors and seized all ties with Israel. It is time for this war to end, because obviously Israel is not achieving anything.

BTW: Why is it you guys keep banning people. Stop it. If you are not willing to accept the truth just continue with your ignorant comments, and stop thinking that by banning people you are hiding the truth.

END THE WAR NOW!
"Even" Bolivia and Venezuala? They're both communist countries you fucking nonce.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
JaredR said:
I wonder how many Jews were assaulted and harassed this past Shabbat by Palestinian sympathisers and Muslims?

I wonder how many Synagogues, Jewish shops, museums and monuments were desecrated this past Shabbat by Palestinian sympathisers and Muslims?

They are pathetic.
I hope you aren't trying to compare this to the 600-700 innocent Palestinian civilian deaths.

tempco

HSC
Now they just need to finish destroying the current stockpiles that are hidden in Mosques, schools, homes and underground tunnels to prevent further attacks, ensure the borders are secure and allow more humanitarian aid in.
Oh come on, you're not naive enough to believe that all the IDF are doing is bombing those targets right? When the IDF destroys a home, school, etc on the pretext of destroying weapons stockpiles or returning fire from rockets that had supposedly been shot by Hamas militants, more often than not you've got reports on the ground that the IDF are spouting out BS. You have UN aid workers denying reports of Hamas fire from their compounds that are bombed to the ground by the IDF. Israel has every incentive to make the Palestinians suffer as much as possible (while minimising public backlash) to bomb them all out of their own homes.

Don't expect Hamas to stop firing rockets because of this ceasefire (even though Israel has already broken it surprise surprise). They shouldn't TBH. The root problem hasn't been addressed... the military occupation of a population which denies them any freedom whatsoever - the important part that most people tend to forget. Geneva conventions out the window... and people shout "TERRORISM" when you've got Hamas resisting a military occupation with whatever military means it has. I'm impressed that they've stopped their suicide bombings... I'm sure there are many Palestinians who are more than willing to give the Israeli's some of their own medicine.

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
This is revolting. I can't believe Israel left evil Hamas militants running free in Gaza! How will the people of Israel sleep in their beds with rockets raining down upon them?!?

Zionist

HSC
I'm disappointed that israel declared ceasefire. I personally believe the war should continue until each and every member of Hamas terrorists are killed. I hope Hamas keep provoking Israel so we can have another round of fighting :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)