• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel–Gaza conflict (1 Viewer)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
John Oliver said:
I'd guessed, the edit was unnecessary. If you can't see the difference between Hamas deliberately launching rockets from locations packed with civilians and the Israelis using houses as tactical bases then you're beyond salvation, I'm sorry dear.
Tactical bases?

pfft!

If you read the articles that i posted earlier in this thread, im pretty sure you'd come across the part saying that those civilians were harassed by israeli soldiers in their own home. Besides, they have no fucking right to use the homes of innocent people, for "tactical Bases". 1st of all it does not belong to them, 2ndly, imagine how frightened those innocent people would've been.

I dont think you'd approve of israeli soldiers using houses that belong to israeli civilians as "tactical bases", now would you?

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
Gazz95 said:
the fact is no one here can critcize anyone else for their views on the situation.
What? No. You can be criticised for your view in any public forum and that's what leads to people developing more structured and accurate responses. Take away the criticism and people won't even bother to back up their views anymore.

For example:

Gazz95 said:
At least they're warning civillians before they attack, therefore they = Good Blokes.
And you didn't say anything about fleeing, you mentioned that Gazans were being warned to stay away from areas used by Hamas.
Bolded part: I didn't reply to this initially because I felt that it was so retarded that it didn't deserve a response but here we go. You honestly think that this is that black and white? They dropped flyers therefore "they=good blokes"? Where were they going to go exactly? and if you scroll up a little bit you'll find a posted story about how the IDF bombed a house after evacuating 110 people to hide in there.

Gazz95 said:
everything we post is just our opinion based on what we belive to be true. Don't go hating on people because they state what they believe.
Yes and no. Everything I post is not based on what I believe to be true. It's based on facts. Most people try to argue with facts, not random beliefs. Hence why I stayed away from "is Hamas a terrorist organisation" arguement, because it's based on what a person believe their purpose to be etc and have tried to argue with facts and figures (to the best of my ability, I'm only human).

Take away our right to critique each other and we end up with a bunch of posts like yours.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
John Oliver said:
I don't really feel anything on either side, I must admit.

The latter seems somewhat counter-intuitive. Prolonging and maintaining the violence would be the last thing on my mind were everyone in my family killed. I'd work as tirelessly as I could to make sure no one underwent the same fate.
lol touch'e. Initially you would want revenge though.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Can't wait for invasion phase 3 (terminator 3 :D ) he he .. Hopefully this time, the casualty should increase to at least 50 Hamas terrorists per night, so that i can laugh at those terrorists supporters protesting in Sydney from my Dad's luxurious Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead on my way to Sheraton for a dinner celebrating the victory of freedom and democracy against evil and terrorism. :rofl:

Gazz95

HSC
Theres a difference between arguing and criticizing, You can argue your point with somebody without criticizing what they believe. Do hamas drop leaflets warning civillians of incoming attacks? Of course your beliefs can be shaped by the opinions of others, but that is all they remain...Opinions, not truths.

Last edited:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
A portion of one long article that i just read.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Gaza survivors' four days without water

ICRC criticism
The ICRC said the wounded had to be transported about a kilometre on a hand-pulled donkey cart because large earth walls erected by the Israeli army had made it impossible to bring ambulances into the neighbourhood.

Katarina Ritz, the ICRC's head of mission in Jerusalem, said experienced Palestinian emergency workers wept at the scenes they were confronted with.
She said Israeli troops were within about 100m of the houses in question, and that the ICRC believes the soldiers "must have been aware" of the presence of the wounded people, because of repeated requests from aid agencies for access.
Under international law, she said, even if there are security concerns meaning the injured cannot be evacuated, "the minimum is to treat these people, to feed these people, give them water, and keep them in a safe place".
The Israeli military said it was investigating the case. It said it is "engaged in a battle with the Hamas terrorist organisation that has deliberately used Palestinian civilians as human shields".
And it stressed it works in "close co-operation with international aid organisations during the fighting, so that civilians can be provided with assistance".
'Difficult' co-operation
Earlier in the week, an ICRC spokeswoman told the BBC attempts to co-ordinate safe passage for ambulances were so slow that people were dying as they waited.
Not all ambulance drivers in Gaza have been waiting for co-ordination with the Israeli military, and health officials in Gaza say 10 paramedics have been killed trying to rescue the wounded since the Israeli operation began.
Israeli Defence Ministry Spokesman Peter Lerner said that co-ordinating the movements of ambulances has been "extremely difficult because of heavy gunfire".
He said that even during the three-hour lull Israel declared to allow humanitarian operations, Hamas militants continued to shoot at Israeli forces.
Outside the hospital, as Fatima Shamouny told her story, dozens of people gathered as Thursday's ICRC-led convoy of ambulances prepared to leave.
They came with addresses where they believed injured people were trapped.
One man's hands shook so much with fear that he had to ask for help writing the directions down.
Finally, the convoy received clearance, and drove away.
It was headed back to Zeitoun, where the ICRC said there were reports of more injured people stranded, and another area in northern Gaza, which ICRC workers had not even reached yet.
:speechless: :speechless:

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
Gazz95 said:
Theres a difference between arguing and criticizing, You can argue your point with somebody without criticizing what they believe. Do hamas drop leaflets warning civillians of incoming attacks?
You said criticising.

Yeah, because they have the resources to fly a plane into Israeli airspace right? Napoleon was shit, he didn't fucking tanks and RPGs. ITT: we learn about context.

Last edited:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
John Oliver said:
Besides the point that they already do this, it is a commonly used tactic in modern land wars. Use whatever structures you can to maintain a chain of command and mobile battlefield HQ's.
I've got nothing to tell you here because i dont know much about the tactics used in battlefields and land wars.

John Oliver said:
Whilst it may turn your stomach somewhat, there is a quite stark difference between the tactics of the Israeli army and the Hamas militia.
But israel has proved itself to be just as bad, if not worse, i must say.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
Gazz95 said:
Do you believe that if Hamas had the resources to drop pamphlets warning civillians that they would do it?
haha did anything I say have any affect on you at all? We are going to argue about what we believe Hamas would and wouldn't do if they had the resources now? Jesus-fucking-Christ.

Gazz95

HSC
Maniela did you read this line of the report you posted "He said that even during the three-hour lull Israel declared to allow humanitarian operations, Hamas militants continued to shoot at Israeli forces. "

Gazz95

HSC
Of course what you said had no affect on me lol, you can't change my view of the situation. And yes we can argue what we believe, just not criticize someone for it. And no need to get angry mate.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
John Oliver said:
Are Hamas a pseudo-facist regime hell bent on destroying a nation recognised by the UN and the wider international community, not paying attention to how many Palestinians die in the process?

Yep.
"pseudo-fascist"

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
John Oliver said:
On Ethical foundation and moral intent, no.
hmm - I'm not sure if I agree with this 100%. Hamas is more keen on wiping out Israel than making what they have better but Israel has basically been cutting off the Gaza region with blockades making it impossible for them to trade/grow. Thus why Hamas sees wiping Israel off the map as the only solution. Overall I try to sit on the fence when it comes to this topic but the recent events in Gaza are definately swaying me..

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
Gazz95 said:
Of course what you said had no affect on me lol, you can't change my view of the situation.
*facepalm*

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen" - Winston Churchill

Not what the line was meant for but the second part of it seems a bit relevant at the moment.

My bad for getting angry though :p

Gazz95 said:
lol pwned. This is a pretty slick thread, turning ino epic proportions haha
haha we'll see, schro normally has an ace up his sleeve.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
John Oliver said:
LOl I shulda typed islamofascist Lol dailykos teaches me well hay islamophobe
At least they're warning civillians before they attack, therefore they = Good Blokes.

Good blokes warn people about defensive strikes.
Israel is warning people about their defensive strikes.
Therefore, Israel is a good bloke.

Gazz95

HSC
yeh posting up the facepalm would've been slick as lol. I'd have a beer with Israel lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)