• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel attacks Lebanon (1 Viewer)

Aryanbeauty

HSC
All your news source quoted are not even reliable news agency, they are quoting Lebanese and Hizbollah accusation of Israel using phosphorus bomb etc and there are no such mention of NEEDLE/DISEASE missile as such cause it dont exist!

you left out the Ice ......

Arabicnews: Who trust biased arabicnews LOL, they are quoting same old hizbollah and lebanse propaganda

Electronic Intifada: Another arab propaganda website

VJTP not even a news website, basically anti-Israeli propaganda website

Stuff.co.NZ A new zealand website , quoting Gulfnews which is quoting lebanese and hizbollah source LOL

Informationclearinghouse: no news there it is quoting gulfnews, which is an arab website quoting another lebanese and hizbollah propganda.

Monstersandcritics: did not even mention about Needle/disease missile nor chemical weapons, it mentions 56 killed in Qana which is reduced to 28 by Human rights watch LOL

try quoting reliable news source like Reuters, AP, AFP, BBC,CNN which have men on the ground instead of some lame ass propaganda website.

Israel did not lost 6 men, the 9msn news says it suffer 6 casualties, it means 6 men are injured at that time.

BBC Israel carried out an overnight raid inside Lebanon aimed at disrupting an arms transfer, the Israeli army says.
One soldier died and two were injured in the Bekaa Valley operation, it said. Lebanese sources earlier told Reuters agency that three militants also died.

CNN JERUSALEM (CNN) -- The Israeli military says it conducted a successful operation deep inside Lebanon aimed at preventing and disrupting the transfer of weapons from Iran and Syria to Hezbollah.

One Israeli officer was killed and two were wounded in the morning operation carried out by an elite unit in Bekaa Valley, the Israel Defense Forces said.

After successfully landing vehicles by helicopter in Bouday, located in the Bekaa Valley, IDF forces reportedly clashed with Hezbollah forces, a Baalbeck Civil Defense official said.

Reuters BEIRUT (Reuters) - Helicopter-borne Israeli commandos raided a Hizbollah bastion on Saturday in what Lebanon called a "naked violation" of the U.N.-backed truce that halted Israel's 34-day war with the Shi'ite Muslim group.

Israel said the operation in Lebanon's eastern Bekaa Valley aimed to disrupt weapons supplies to Hizbollah from Syria and Iran. Both countries deny arming the group.

Lebanese security sources said three Hizbollah guerrillas were killed in a dawn firefight with the Israeli commandos. The Israeli army said it had suffered one dead and two wounded.

3 terrorist dead 1 brave Israeli commando killed , terrorist weapons destroyed yet another success story :D

Last edited:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Not another, probably the first. Quit being so quick to accept the IDF released figures, they're obviously going to be biased. (You wouldn't be able to fathom that :D).
It's good that they actually 'had' a motive, and didn't kill civilians, but it shows they can't honour a ceasefire. Oh well, the sooner they get out the happier I'll be. Nice to see the French coming in :D, and the Israeli 'acceptance' of the hezbollah stated 'requirements'.

Too bad, that lady can't keep to her word about 'not letting hezbollah define what happens', even though they promised to disarm once the shebaa farms and lebanese prisoners were resolved :D.

They still remain in government, Increased support (so they might take the prime minister postion) and they also get to 'be apart of the military' :D Good Job Hezbollah,) Sucks that Israeli forces were brutal and killed innocents. (But isn't that your argument for their sucess?)

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Arent you actually happy that 600+ civilians were killed so that you can have excuse to protest and whine? :D

I'd trust reuters than some propganda website .

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Nope, I'm happy that Israel is leaving Lebanon and France has sent engineers to help reconstruct Lebanon. Also, happy that the Lebanese people can unite together and not be segregated even in times like these. :D

You're the one who's happy that something like 800 Civilians died, and you're denying them as people have denied jews which died in the holocaust. Imagine I said 'the 1 million jews that died in the holocaust', would you be happy that I belittled the real number? I'm sad off the 800 Lebanese Civilians who died and the 200 Brave 'Defenders of Lebanon'

Do unto others... *nods head*

:D Israel Defence Forces aren't reuters, they're a terrorist organisation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Aha, now you accept 200 hizbollah soldiers killed :p,
Hizbollah itself is still in denial stage and said only about 80 killed LOL.

I never denied that 1000+ died, unfortunately because of Hizbollah. However I am extremely happy :D that 500+ terrorist are killed, the rest 600+ civilians are just unlucky that Hizbollah used them as human shield.

Who cares what you claimed? I can look up Statistics compiled by german, british and US govt instead of some angry arab kid ranting about hollocaust :D

I'd trutst reuters than a propaganda website any day and israel released all dead soldiers including their photograph, Hizbollah hides LOL :D

Generator

HSC
N/A
Aryanbeauty (and sam), please drop the :D and 'LOLs'. This is hardly a matter that is deserving of such light-hearted treatment.

Last edited:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
She's one woman, who may have come from circumstances which have given her a biased opinion of Islam. She claims she understands Islam yet slanders it, she argues using asinine statements. She's a hotheaded radical but on the other side of the argument. it's one opinion, which provides no proof, it's not "telling it as it is" she's telling it as she "believes it to be", I argue that she is wrong in calling Islam primative. (which I've proven is infact quite modern when put into context), she is wrong in calling Jeudaism modern (when it has beliefs predating islam) and most of all she is wrong is claiming that the Israeli people are right in this war.

She is as the newscaster sais, a bigot and a heretic. Who is too xenophobic to understand the implications of her statements. Basically, she justifies the deaths of innocent by making these innocous, deviant statements. (Which is a very modern way of scapegoating) which is seen in American, and Israeli and many other countries foreign policies. (nice way to imply she's modern right?... Wrong. )

Great she's modern and I'm primative because we have different beliefs? She's telling it how it 'Is' allright... In Opposite land. What an Asinine, Imbecilic introduction to that bigotist rant.

Last edited:

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Actually that interview was done last year or something, I'm trying to put the current conflict into context - thats all.

That said why are you even trying to pass youself off as a modern muslim (oxymoron) - heretic is not in the vocab of anybody living in modernity. Incase you didnt notice from her perfect arabic shes an arab and a former muslim who watched the muslim brotherhood fire something in the order of 800 machine gun rounds into her professors body back in university whilst shouting "allah is great." Islam devides the world in two, Islam is violent and has bloody borders, Islam is enyous of the achievements of the west, Islam also starts conflicts - but I assure you there will be no muslims left standing to eventually finish it. The truth is something as stupidity inducing as islam has no capacity to create and advance, whens the last time the middle east invented anything or achieved some great artistic triumph? Before 600AD, before Islam. Face it, the islamic religion is one shell, just a little sharper at one end, there is no such thing as the modern muslim, just becuase one wears a viel and another wears jeans, it makes no difference at all. Heck I'm sure theres some muslim asshole in london right now pumping Tupac, wearing jeans,sipping pepsi and putting together a bomb to blow up *insert western country here* airlines. Dont even try to blend your bullshit into 21st century, western civilization.

Last edited:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I don't get the point of her rant? Israel has more scientists then Lebanon? A number of muslim scientists have won Nobel Prizes, and went off to do other things...

eg(Abdus Salam)
Said this on receiving the Nobel Prize for contribution to Physics:

*quotes from the quran*

"Thou seest not, in the creation of the All-merciful any imperfection, Return thy gaze, seest thou any fissure. Then Return thy gaze, again and again. Thy gaze, Comes back to thee dazzled, aweary."

This in effect is, the faith of all physicists; the deeper we seek, the more is our wonder excited, the more is the dazzlement for our gaze.

I am saying this, not only to remind those here tonight of this, but also for those in the Third World, who feel they have lost out in the pursuit of scientific knowledge, for lack of opportunity and resource.

Last edited:

Aryanbeauty

HSC
Wow, I've never seen an Arab speak out the truth like that, big cheers to her. Unfortunately she probably is under Fatwa (ordered to be killed) of some muslim Mullahs by now.

There are only 7 muslim/arab nobel prize winners 1 for chemistry, 1 for Physics, 1 for literature, 4 for Peace and none for Economics and Medicine. List here

In contrast Jews constitute 22% or 167 of Nobel Prize laureates, though they constitute approxmately .02% of the world's population. A breakdown of the specific prizes follows.

Physics: 45 prize winners, which is 26% of world total
Chemistry: 28 prize winners, which is 19% of world total
Physiology or Medicine: 52 prize winners, which is 29% of world total
Economics: 21 prize winners, which is 38% of world total
Literature: 12 prize winners, which is 12% of world total
Peace: 9 prize winners, which is 10% of world total

List here and here

HSC
Lebanon truce tested by raid

By Nadim Ladki in Beirut
August 20, 2006 12:00

ISRAELI commandos raided a Hezbollah stronghold in eastern Lebanon overnight in what Beirut described as a "naked violation" of the UN-backed truce that ended Israel's 34-day war with the Shi'ite guerrillas.
A senior United Nations envoy in Beirut said the UN was trying to establish what had happened in the dawn raid in the Bekaa Valley but added that if media reports were true, it would undoubtedly represent a breach of the six-day-old truce.
"We had no independent means to verify...what has happened," envoy Terje Roed-Larsen told Lebanon's LBC television. "But if what has been reported is correct, it is of course a clear violation of the ceasefire."
Israel said the operation, in which commandos were airlifted into the area by helicopter, was defensive and was designed to disrupt weapons supplies to Hezbollah from Syria and Iran.
It denied it had violated the resolution, which allows it to act in self-defence, and accused Hezbollah of doing so by smuggling weapons. Mr Roed-Larsen said that if the guerrilla group was found to have smuggled weapons, it would indeed be in breach of the truce.
About 16 hours after the raid, details of what took place remained unclear.
Lebanese security sources said Israeli helicopters unloaded two vehicles carrying commandos who headed towards an office of a Hezbollah leader, Sheikh Mohammed Yazbek, in Bodai, 26 km from the Syrian border.
The Israelis were intercepted and withdrew under cover of air strikes, they said.
The sources said three Hezbollah guerrillas were killed in a firefight with the Israelis, although Hezbollah said none of its fighters were killed or wounded.
Israel said it had suffered one dead and two wounded.
Lebanese Prime Minister Fouad Siniora described the operation as "a naked violation of the cessation of hostilities declared by the Security Council".
The official Lebanese news agency said UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan spoke to Siniora to assure him the UN would try to prevent another such incident.
Annan also discussed the raid with Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, who "pointed out the importance of supervision of the Syrian-Lebanese border", an Israeli official said.
Syria, like Iran, denies arming Hezbollah.
Washington, Israel's chief ally, said it had noted the Jewish state's position.
"The prevention of the resupply of weapons to Hezbollah by Syria and Iran is a key provision of the UN Security Council resolution 1701," a White House official said.
Lebanon's defence minister said that, if Israeli carried out further, similar operations in Lebanon, he would ask the cabinet to reconsider its decision to deploy Lebanese troops to the south of the country.
That would be a serious blow to a UN plan for southern Lebanon, which envisages a 30,000-strong force in the area made up of Lebanese and UN troops.
Fifty French military engineers disembarked in Naqoura in the south on Saturday, the first reinforcements since the war.
The engineers were among 200 pledged by France, which has disappointed UN and U.S. hopes that it would form the backbone of the expanded force to supervise the truce, support the Lebanese army and monitor the withdrawal of Israeli troops.
In his weekly radio address on Saturday, U.S. President George W. Bush said the UN force would help the government in Beirut restore sovereignty and "stop Hezbollah from acting as a state within a state".
The Lebanese army began deploying in the south on Thursday. Hezbollah fighters have lain low, without giving up their weapons including the rockets they fired into Israel in the war.
At least 1,183 people in Lebanon and 157 Israelis were killed in the conflict.
Israel said it killed more than 530 Hezbollah fighters, at least five times more than the group has acknowledged. Hezbollah buried 54 guerrillas across Lebanon overnight, the largest total on a single day.
The conflict began after Hezbollah captured two Israeli soldiers in a cross-border raid on July 12, saying it wanted to trade them for Lebanese and Arab prisoners held in Israel.
Israel is also trying to free another soldier captured in the Gaza Strip on June 25.
Israel seized Palestinian Deputy Prime Minister Naser al-Shaer, a top official of the Hamas militant group, at his home in the occupied West Bank on Saturday.
Hours later, a Palestinian gunman killed an Israeli soldier near the West Bank city of Nablus and was then shot dead by troops, the army and medics said.

also http://www.news.com.au/sundaytelegraph/story/0,22049,20189295-5006003,00.html

Aryanbeauty said:
Wow, I've never seen an Arab speak out the truth like that, big cheers to her. Unfortunately she probably is under Fatwa (ordered to be killed) of some muslim Mullahs by now.

There are only 7 muslim/arab nobel prize winners 1 for chemistry, 1 for Physics, 1 for literature, 4 for Peace and none for Economics and Medicine. List here

In contrast Jews constitute 22% or 167 of Nobel Prize laureates, though they constitute approxmately .02% of the world's population. A breakdown of the specific prizes follows.

Physics: 45 prize winners, which is 26% of world total
Chemistry: 28 prize winners, which is 19% of world total
Physiology or Medicine: 52 prize winners, which is 29% of world total
Economics: 21 prize winners, which is 38% of world total
Literature: 12 prize winners, which is 12% of world total
Peace: 9 prize winners, which is 10% of world total

List here and here
and please... this is about the war..

Last edited by a moderator:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
bshoc said:
That said why are you even trying to pass youself off as a modern muslim (oxymoron) - heretic is not in the vocab of anybody living in modernity. Incase you didnt notice from her perfect arabic shes an arab and a former muslim who watched the muslim brotherhood fire something in the order of 800 machine gun rounds into her professors body back in university whilst shouting "allah is great."
Exactly as I said, one experience which has made her a self-hating racist, she must have really loved her professor. (They probably had an intimate relationship), no not in a dirty way which your Jewish corrupted minds would have you believe.

Islam devides the world in two, Islam is violent and has bloody borders, Islam is enyous of the achievements of the west, Islam also starts conflicts - but I assure you there will be no muslims left standing to eventually finish it.
Islam is not violent, that is a racist statement. I would like you to prove that Islam is violent. It's great you want the genocide of some 1.5billion people? I guess whatever religion you profess must be the violent one leading you to say that.

The truth is something as stupidity inducing as islam has no capacity to create and advance, whens the last time the middle east invented anything or achieved some great artistic triumph? Before 600AD, before Islam.
That is a fallacious statement, even if you go to american universities, you'll still be swamped with muslim learned scholars, studying architecture and engineering.

Also, muslim people may have invented many things, but it's hard to 'invent' and be creative when your countries are being sieged by the Jewish opressors. Also, I'm pretty sure that you will find alot of prominent muslims in business and such (It's just not as eccentuated as the Jews would like it to not be), winning a Nobel Prize, isn't proof of your achievements, it's just the recognition of them.

Face it, the islamic religion is one shell, just a little sharper at one end, there is no such thing as the modern muslim, just becuase one wears a viel and another wears jeans, it makes no difference at all. Heck I'm sure theres some muslim asshole in london right now pumping Tupac, wearing jeans,sipping pepsi and putting together a bomb to blow up *insert western country here* airlines. Dont even try to blend your bullshit into 21st century, western civilization.
Again a racist bigoted argument, I'm a modern muslim. I'm sure there is many others you however are locked in a racist mindset filled with paranoia and media made hate towards Islam. Is it you actually believe all muslims are terrorists? Where is the evidence of this? Who decides what a modern person is? Isn't it a free person with access to technology, why should people assimilate their ideas to ones which you dictate? Are they superior? Can you prove they are? I could do a better job proving that the more modern a country becomes, the more perverted and dangerous it becomes. (with mentally retarded youth who are too apathetic to worry about anything but the short term. Only satisfying their immediate senses, living off of impulses. ) I'm sure that's better then actually enjoying life with family and dying proud.

Right?

Prove it. Don't just use your idiotic biased opinion.

Re: AryanBeuty, what does that prove? Are you implying Jewish people are smarter then all other people? That they are the 'Chosen People', and therefore they're allowed to kill innocent people because they're smarter? Also they should have more value then innocent, god-fearing, family loving, Lebanese Christian and Muslim people... According to you right?

And they say Islam is evil... *rolleyes*

Aryanbeauty

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
Lebanon truce tested by raid

By Nadim Ladki in Beirut
August 20, 2006 12:00

ISRAELI commandos raided a Hezbollah stronghold in eastern Lebanon overnight in what Beirut described as a "naked violation" of the UN-backed truce that ended Israel's 34-day war with the Shi'ite guerrillas.

and please... this is about the war..
You forgot to mention that Hizbollah is not allowed to import or bear weapons under the UN Resolution 1701 which is agreed by both Israel, Lebanon and Hizbollah. By broking the ceasefire terms by importing weapons, Irael have the right to act to prevent hizbollah from importing those weapons if UN force fails to do so.

full implementation of the relevant provisions of the Taif Accords, and of resolutions 1559 (2004) and 1680 (2006), that require the disarmament of all armed groups in Lebanon, so that, pursuant to the Lebanese cabinet decision of 27 July 2006, there will be no weapons or authority in Lebanon other than that of the Lebanese State.

Link Here

Look at the post above, suddenly that Arab woman became a whore, self hating racist and have intimate relations with her professor for what??

SPEAKING THE TRUTH

Unfortunately for many arabs, speaking the truth means death sentence, and enedless accusations of things they did not do just like arabs always accuse of Israel.

Sudennly, Nobel prize means nothing because you can barely win any. Now you can start accusing Royal Swedish Academy of biased against muslims and pro jews. Just like you accused the press of anti-muslims and pro-jews.

Are you implying Jewish people are smarter then all other people..............???

Yet you are talking about fallacies of other people's posts. I did not mention anything about jews being smarter or more valuable. But the facts and figures speak otherwise. Yes jews value life and we are yet to find a jew who blew himself up in Cafe, Bus and Planes.

Many Lebanese supports Israel's invasion despite the civilian casualties, especially christians and Druze.

Look at what some people said "
Yet a distinct minority of Lebanese are rooting for Israel to crush Hezbollah -- silently if not explicitly.
"I'm praying for flattening southern Lebanon," one Beirut native, Micheline Touma, told JTA recently after fleeing Lebanon for the United States about two weeks after the fighting began.
Like many of those harshly critical of Hezbollah, Touma is a Maronite Christian."

"It was Hezbollah's mistake, and they deserve to pay for it," Touma said of Hezbollah's July 12 attack on an Israeli military patrol, which sparked the current war. "I wish the Israelis could destroy them all -- get them out of the planet."

Voices like Touma's are a small minority in the country. But the extreme anti-Hezbollah sentiment these Christians express is a sign of a much more widely held view in Lebanon -- common to Sunnis and even to some Shi'ites -- that Hezbollah is a long-term impediment to progress and normalization in Lebanon. Link Here

Wisdom has Spoken.

tempco

HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
You forgot to mention that Hizbollah is not allowed to import or bear weapons under the UN Resolution 1701 which is agreed by both Israel, Lebanon and Hizbollah. By broking the ceasefire terms by importing weapons, Irael have the right to act to prevent hizbollah from importing those weapons if UN force fails to do so.

full implementation of the relevant provisions of the Taif Accords, and of resolutions 1559 (2004) and 1680 (2006), that require the disarmament of all armed groups in Lebanon, so that, pursuant to the Lebanese cabinet decision of 27 July 2006, there will be no weapons or authority in Lebanon other than that of the Lebanese State.

Link Here
Yet when the UN Council and Lebanese officials demanded evidence that Hezbollah were actually transporting weapons through the Lebanon-Syria border, Israel didn't deliver. I was listening to a radio interview on ABC Radio, and some Israeli official gave the impression that providing evidence to the UN wasn't necessary, and that the supposed evidence "will be released in due time".

tempco

HSC
Two interesting articles I came across which challenges the assumption (fact, to some) that Hezbollah targets civilian centres to inflict the maximum amount of casualties possible.

Israeli-Arabs killed in attack

Several residents pointed out that there are military installations near Nazareth that Hezbollah has been trying to target. Northern Israel is under martial law, which means that divulging details about the nature of the installations and their locations is forbidden.

Nonetheless, a 58-year-old man who wished to be identified only as Abu Firas said: "We are like human shields. They build these military sites close to Arab communities because they hope it will make Hezbollah more frightened to strike at them. Where are we in all this? Israel thinks we are Hezbollah, and Hezbollah thinks we are Israelis. No one cares about what happens to us."
Hypocrisy and the clamor against Hizbullah

If Hizbullah’s primary goal is to kill as many civilians as possible in Haifa, it seems to be going about it in a very strange manner indeed -- unless we are to believe that none of its rockets could be fired the extra 1km needed to hit central Haifa. Instead, as is clear from the view shown by BBC cameras, the port includes many sites far more “strategic” than the roads, bridges, milk factories and power stations Israel is destroying in Lebanon: it has the oil refinery, the naval docks and other installations that, yes, I cannot mention because of the censorship laws.

the leader

HSC
I'm not sure if this has already been metioned, but has anyone thought about why Hezbollah was formed in the first place? if Israel hadn't invaded Southern Lebanon in 1982, would Hezollah exsist? And another thing, why do people condemn the Syrian and Iranian backing of Hezbollah, yet noone seems to mind that the US provides arms to Israel? Just before the ceasefire, Israel had requested more cluster bombs from the US, and the US were providing aviation fuel to Israel. I wonder what that was gonna be used for?

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Because Israel are a nation, and nations are entitled to own weapons. Hezbollah are a militant terrorist grouping, who are not entitled to due to not being a government.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
Calculon said:
Because Israel are a nation, and nations are entitled to own weapons. Hezbollah are a militant terrorist grouping, who are not entitled to due to not being a government.
using ur logic -
iran and north korea are nations, then there allowed to have their own weapons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)