Israel attacks Lebanon (1 Viewer)

amanmai

HSC
I'm not one to place my worth or anyone elses' above that of others. I strongly believe that we are all equals, no matter what colour, creed, race, religion, sexuality, gender or whatever we have. Everyone has loved ones - I'm not going to to condemn another person's loved one's to death just because my own loved ones have died or are threatened.

Maybe that sounds unrealistic, but I truly believe that.

It's not a matter of choice - that if they bomb us, should we bomb them? We shouldn't. As simple as that. Naive? Sure. But it's what's right, isn't it? An eye for an eye mentality shouldn't be what we are striving for in this life. And it's definitely not what Israel should be aiming for.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Everyone has loved ones - I'm not going to to condemn another person's loved one's to death just because my own loved ones have died or are threatened.

Maybe that sounds unrealistic, but I truly believe that.
I don't believe you.

It's not a matter of choice - that if they bomb us, should we bomb them? We shouldn't. As simple as that. Naive? Sure. But it's what's right, isn't it? An eye for an eye mentality shouldn't be what we are striving for in this life. And it's definitely not what Israel should be aiming for.
It's not a matter of an eye for an eye, we're not bombing them to enact revenge, we are bombing them for our security.

Super Nanny

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
It's not a matter of an eye for an eye, we're not bombing them to enact revenge, we are bombing them for our security.
There was a terrorist on the tarmac of that Lebanese airport?:confused:
There was a terrorist in the power station that was bombed a few days ago?:confused:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Super Nanny said:
There was a terrorist on the tarmac of that Lebanese airport?:confused:
There was a terrorist in the power station that was bombed a few days ago?:confused:
Go back and read the context of my post and the example I gave.

As for the Isreali's, they're also bombing for their security - their strategy seems to be to force lebanon into action against hezbolah. Is it moral? No IMO.

Aaron06

To Rid The Disease
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:

As for the Isreali's, they're also bombing for their security - their strategy seems to be to force lebanon into action against hezbolah. Is it moral? No IMO.
True, they are trying to spark another civil war between the the north and the south mostly so they can sit back and not have to worry about the Hezbollah anymore.

As you may all recall, the former Hezbollah leader was kidnapped and the leader before him was killed in his convey and didn't damage any other cars around him. I guess what I'm leading to here is why aren't they killing the new Hezbollah leader? My guess is they can't find him so to cause this civil unrest is a way to get them to flee. But Israel doesn't want the Hezbollah to flee. They want them all dead, so they destroy bridges and have ships surrounding the coastline denying access to the outside world to eliminate all Hezbollah and its followers.

I do admit it is Israels fault for the majority of this. If they had complied with Hezbollah for the release of the prisoners in the Israeli camps (Some being women and children). The Hezbollah wouldn't have no reason to kidnap and this wouldn't have happened. Although, their arrogance with the Americans with "Don't negotiate with terrorists" got the better of them. Their form of negotiating is with missiles and such.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Re: Israel vs Lebanon

transcendent said:
The thread title was Israel vs Lebanon. This is so it doesn't look like I took sides. Stop being so PC Generator it wasn't as if I was swearing or anything.
As far as I was concerned, your title trivialised the issue by referring to it as though it was nothing more than sporting match. Next time pick a more appropriate title and I will have no reason to change it.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Re: Israel vs Lebanon

It is a sporting match. The whole thing is a joke. Everytime I see it on the news I make a joke about it. So who's placing bets?

amanmai

HSC
You don't have to believe me. But that's what I believe and I wish a lot more people would see the sense in it. Not to undervalue your own loved ones, but to just remember that (can't believe I'm quoting him, but it sums it up perfectly) in the words of Ben Lee "We're all in this together"

Just because your "security" is threatened on the Lebanese border by a group that the Lebonese government can't be held accountable for *and* you have the US backing you up doesn't mean you can barge into a country and effectively shut it away from the world until you get your way.

For Israel's own security? It unfolded like this:

"How did the current crisis start?

The Hezbollah raid into Israel, in which eight Israeli soldiers were killed and two were captured, was a stunning and provocative attack. "

How has Israel reacted?

Israeli officials have cast the Hezbollah raid as an act of war and responded with air strikes, a land attack and a sea blockade, threatening operations that will "turn back the clock in Lebanon by 20 years".

- http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5180202.stm

An "act of war" hmmmm - hang on, isn't that supposed to be with a country? Not a terrorist organisation. Wait! They are fighting against a country - Lebanon! But they didn't attack Israel....

Sometimes, I see this reason of "Two of our soldiers were captured! Eight killed! We must save/remember them by invading!" isn't much of an excuse. It's a very poor opportunity for Israel to start lording it over its neighbours with their US support.

Please don't forget that after a decade of reconstruction, they've just had it all bombed and will have to start again. What kind of country tries to aggravate Israel willingly, especially when they've only just finishing their recovery? Lebanon didn't.

Last edited:
Gunships fire missile at hospital
July 15, 2006

TWO Israeli helicopter missiles fell within 100 metres of a hospital in the southern Lebanese port city of Tyre overnight, causing panic among patients and local residents, police have reported.

The missiles landed in an orchard near to the Jabal Amel hospital, police said.
The attack shattered windows in the area and sent women and children fleeing their homes in their nightwear and taking shelter in the hospital basement.

There were no reports of any casualties as Israel embarked on a fourth straight day of attacks in Lebanon prompted by rocket attacks on Israeli territory and the capture of two Israeli soldiers.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,19796230-38201,00.html

When is the global community going to put an end to this???

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:

It seems like a double standard that Israel can do anything they please for their security but no one else can do anything for their security. The same applies to the US.

Perhaps the suicide bombings are a product of revenge on Israel due to illegitimate imprisonments/brutal treatment by the IDF/unjustified barriers placed the on Palestinians? Suddenly they cant do anythign for their security? Dont tell me that it takes innocent civilians. By now it is beyond clear that Israelis kill as much innocent civilians if not more.

And maybe Israel should learn a lesson or two from the US. Physically attacking terrorists doesnt do too much to disfigure them, rather gives them more incentives to "blow" Israel up. Dont be surprised if suicide bombings suddenly escalate kay.

rink

HSC
Hezbullah captured TWO Israeli soldiers (because THOUSANDS of Arab soldiers have been held captive by Israel and they want them back - justifiably so).

Israel responded by attacking civilian infrastructure and killing civilians.

It should be clear who the terrorists are.

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
I don't see how Israel can win. If it were a war against a designated army then maybe, but its a terrorist organisation: it only takes one idiot to committ a terrorist act, how is it possible to end this? Bombing the crap out civilian infrastructure and killing civilians (I think there were 60 civilian casualties as of last nights news?) is only going to fuel the anger, therefore increasing the sphere of extremist groups such as Hizbollah (as angry citizens will turn to them) thus making it worse for themselves.

dovidg

HSC
anyone who does not think what israel is currently doin as justifiable should see the hezbollah terrorist network as a cancer that slowly brews in the body of the middle east and grows and grows and must therefore be eradicated as soon as possible.
for those who know what hapens when you try and get rid of cancer, you must get rid of all traces of the mutilated cells and unfortunately sometimes good and healthy cells become destroyed and there are other side affects but the problem is is that in order to get rid of the cancer ALL forms of the cancerous cells must be obliterated no matter where they are.

This analogy can be seen in the current situation with israel and hezbollah. hezbollah the terrorist organisation unfortunately resides and hides within the urban areas of lebanon as they are cowards. therefore in order for israel to once and for all rid the middle east and get rid of the incredibly dangerous threat the hezbollah poses to the peace and security of the state of israel, israel must eredicate this cancer and unfortunatly and yes very unfrotunately and israel acknowledges that and does when possible and i repeat WHEN POSSIBLE to save innocent civilian lives, takes the other option. but unfortuntely if the cancer must be obliterated , unfortuntely some good cells are goin to fall victim.

It is unfortunate that such a war where innocent civilian lives are being lost but the sad reality is is that you cannot use diplomatic means to bargain with terrorists...they want to trade two israeli soldiers for hundreds of terrorist prisoners in cells doing their time...how can one bargain such ridiculous demands???, the only way to stop such evil terrorism is to obliterate them and break them down through force which is what israel is doing and the sooner the world supports israel and allows them to stop terrorism the sooner civilian lives will be lost and the sooner the world and especially the middle east will be a safer haven.

Israel is doing lebanon a favour by getting rid of this evil organisation hezbollah which unfortunately destroys many aspects of life in lebanon too.

rink

HSC
AntiHyper said:
It should also be clear who's gonna win. :p
Well Hezbullah has a good chance of defeating them as they did when Israel tried to invade Lebanon.

2 of my friends are currently in Lebanon and they can't get out coz the zionist pigs bombed the airports, I hope they'll be ok :(

KarmaKitten

HSC
I dont understand why people think israel is justified in this. The united states keeps hundreds of people locked up without a trial in cuba, does that mean im justified in bombing the usa? no

civilians in lebanon are suffering because israel wants to prove a point of military power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)