Israel attacks Lebanon (1 Viewer)

rink

HSC
dovidg said:
anyone who does not think what israel is currently doin as justifiable should see the hezbollah terrorist network as a cancer that slowly brews in the body of the middle east and grows and grows and must therefore be eradicated as soon as possible.
for those who know what hapens when you try and get rid of cancer, you must get rid of all traces of the mutilated cells and unfortunately sometimes good and healthy cells become destroyed and there are other side affects but the problem is is that in order to get rid of the cancer ALL forms of the cancerous cells must be obliterated no matter where they are.

This analogy can be seen in the current situation with israel and hezbollah. hezbollah the terrorist organisation unfortunately resides and hides within the urban areas of lebanon as they are cowards. therefore in order for israel to once and for all rid the middle east and get rid of the incredibly dangerous threat the hezbollah poses to the peace and security of the state of israel, israel must eredicate this cancer and unfortunatly and yes very unfrotunately and israel acknowledges that and does when possible and i repeat WHEN POSSIBLE to save innocent civilian lives, takes the other option. but unfortuntely if the cancer must be obliterated , unfortuntely some good cells are goin to fall victim.

It is unfortunate that such a war where innocent civilian lives are being lost but the sad reality is is that you cannot use diplomatic means to bargain with terrorists...they want to trade two israeli soldiers for hundreds of terrorist prisoners in cells doing their time...how can one bargain such ridiculous demands???, the only way to stop such evil terrorism is to obliterate them and break them down through force which is what israel is doing and the sooner the world supports israel and allows them to stop terrorism the sooner civilian lives will be lost and the sooner the world and especially the middle east will be a safer haven.

Israel is doing lebanon a favour by getting rid of this evil organisation hezbollah which unfortunately destroys many aspects of life in lebanon too.
What the hell are you talking about? Hezbullah is all that Lebanon has got and the overwhelming majority of Leb citizens support them. I'm sick of all this ''hezbullah are terrorists'' crap, you should look beyond the crap that western media feeds you.

It is a fact that Hezbullah is currently the largest contributer to the internal development, Lebanese infrastructure and construction, and runs the largest network of schools, hospitals, libraries, mosques, charities, orphanages, and other social services networks outside the government. No party contributes more to Lebanese society than Hezbollah outside of the government, and in addition to this, they are part of the government and run various ministries (such as the energy & water ministries) that cater to the Lebanese people.

Hezbullah took two soldiers and Israel responded by attacking civilian infrastructure and killing dozens of civilians. Is the freedom of two soldiers more important than the deaths of dozens of civilians, the homes of hundreds of people and the public infrastructure they use? It's obvious who the terrorists are, this is really a matter of common sense.

KarmaKitten

HSC
people seem to lack common sense. all they hear is the media labelling them as terrorists, they dont bother finding out what they're about.

Super Nanny

HSC
KarmaKitten said:
people seem to lack common sense. all they hear is the media labelling them as terrorists, they dont bother finding out what they're about.
people seem to lack common sense. all they hear is the media labelling them as rapists, they dont bother finding out what they're about.

people seem to lack common sense. all they hear is the media labelling them as murderers, they dont bother finding out what they're about.

people seem to lack common sense. all they hear is the media labelling them as drink drivers, they dont bother finding out what they're about.

rink

HSC
KarmaKitten said:
Yeah sad but true.

I just had a convo with one of my friends in Lebanon, the situation is so bad that she's convinced she'll die in Lebanon. Her village got bombed and the village next to her got bombed with 4 people dying from the same family.

All hail Israel, the peacemakers!:burn:

This was the end of my convo with her:

rima.. says:
please sis if i ever did anything to u to upset u or anything (God forbid) i ask for your forgiveness, and if i die here please tell everyone i know to forgive me if theyve ever been upset at anything ive done or said to them
rima.. says:
and to forgive me if i owe them anything
rima.. says:
insha-Allah
rima.. says:
fi amanillah
Women are like flowers. They should be treated gently, kindly, and with affection - Imam Ali (as) says:
dont talk like that
Women are like flowers. They should be treated gently, kindly, and with affection - Imam Ali (as) says:
nothings gonna happen to u
just take care of urself

:(

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
rink said:
Well Hezbullah has a good chance of defeating them as they did when Israel tried to invade Lebanon.

2 of my friends are currently in Lebanon and they can't get out coz the zionist pigs bombed the airports, I hope they'll be ok :(
The zionist pigs are bombing the airport because the fundamentalist fuckwits (Hizbollah) took their soldiers and have been firing rockets into Israel. I think bombing the crap out of an airport is much better for the civilian population than oh say....a school? a populated neighbourhood maybe?

Zionism has nothing to do with bombing another country, it is about establishing a country for the Jews in "the holy land" (ie Eretz Israel, Jeruselum), it has nothing to do with them fighting against a terrorist organisation in another country.

rink said:
What the hell are you talking about? Hezbullah is all that Lebanon has got and the overwhelming majority of Leb citizens support them. I'm sick of all this ''hezbullah are terrorists'' crap, you should look beyond the crap that western media feeds you.

Hamas is the government of Palestine, does that mean people associated with Hamas who commit suicide bombings arnt terrorists?

In saying that, I hope your friends get out alive and safe

Last edited:

banco55

HSC
I heard a military analyst say that the reason Israel is shutting down Lebanon's transport links is not just to put pressure on the government to rein in Hezbollah but that they are very concerned that Hezbollah will try to smuggle the Israeli soldiers out to Iran. There have been quite a few Israeli MIA's over the years and it's generally thought that some of them are rotting in an Iranian/syrian jail.

L

littlewing69

rink said:
Well Hezbullah has a good chance of defeating them as they did when Israel tried to invade Lebanon.

2 of my friends are currently in Lebanon and they can't get out coz the zionist pigs bombed the airports, I hope they'll be ok :(

And the terrorist scum are bombing Israel. Let's not make the mistake of thinking either side here is justified. War sucks, and people are gonna get caught in the middle.

I hope your friends are okay. I have family over there right now.

Best case scenario: Israel is satisfied with destroying most of Hezbollah's infrastructure in a couple more days of bombing, and the US convinces Syria to call further Hezbollah action off.

turtleface

HSC
I'm no expert but how is the international airport and power stations and hospitals Hezbollah infrastructure?

rink

HSC
Mc_Meaney said:
The zionist pigs are bombing the airport because the fundamentalist fuckwits (Hizbollah) took their soldiers and have been firing rockets into Israel.
Hezbullah captured two Israeli soldiers because Israel has captured THOUSANDS of Arabs and kept them there for long periods of time. What makes the freedom of two Israeli soldiers so much more important than the freedom of thousands of Arabs?

And Hezbullah have attacked purely military targets (they have the right to defend themselves aswell, do they not?) whereas Israel has hit civilian institutions and was the one who initiated the attacks.

''At least 88 people have died in Lebanon, most of the them civilians. On the Israeli side, at least 15 have been killed — four civilians and 11 soldiers. '' <confirmation that Hezbullah aren't cowards who attack civilian areas.

I think bombing the crap out of an airport is much better for the civilian population than oh say....a school? a populated neighbourhood maybe?
Something being ''better for the civilian population'' does not make it good for the civilian population, nor does it justify what they have done. Bombing a shopping centre, for example, would perhaps be ''better for the civilian population'' than bombing an orphanage but it doesn't make it ok.

Btw, latest news is that they've bombed within 100metres of a hospital. The Israelis know very well that missiles are not completely accurate yet they bombed within 100metres of a hospital. Oh how very noble of them!

Apparently Al-manar tv has also just reported that Israel has just bombed a bus carrying dozens of passengers and many civilians have died......haven't confirmed this yet though so I dunno if it's true.

Zionism has nothing to do with bombing another country, it is about establishing a country for the Jews in "the holy land" (ie Eretz Israel, Jeruselum), it has nothing to do with them fighting against a terrorist organisation in another country.
The Israeli government is a Zionist government

Hamas is the government of Palestine, does that mean people associated with Hamas who commit suicide bombings arnt terrorists?
When has Hezbullah carried out suicide bombings targetting civilians? Furthermore, when has Hezbullah ever condoned the killing of innocents? Hezbullah formed as a response to the Israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1982.

In saying that, I hope your friends get out alive and safe
Thank you. It's nice to see we can have a civilised discussion.

rink

HSC
turtleface said:
I'm no expert but how is the international airport and power stations and hospitals Hezbollah infrastructure?
It civilian infrastructure (ie. used by civilians). It may possibly be Hezbullah's infrastructure since no group has contributed more to building the infrastructure of Lebanon than Hezbullah (after the government). They run the largest network of schools, hospitals, libraries, mosques, charities, orphanages, and so on (after the govt).

gerhard

HSC
on the news they had some israeli guy going 'we are bombing any infastructure known to be used to aid in terrorist attacks', and then they cut to israel blowing up a bridge.

oh shit, the terrorists use roads now? better blow them up

rink

HSC
littlewing69 said:
And the terrorist scum are bombing Israel. Let's not make the mistake of thinking either side here is justified. War sucks, and people are gonna get caught in the middle.
The ''terrorist scum'' are bombing Israeli MILITARY AREAS in response to Israel bombing the crap out of Lebanon. It's funny how Israel can kill dozens of civilians in the name of self defence yet the Lebanese don't have any right to self defence.

I hope your friends are okay. I have family over there right now.
Yeah, it's a very sad situation. I hope your family is ok. I'm not sure if your family has internet reception available where they are but it's worth a shot anyway. I think you should email this link to your family - it may prove to be very helpful!

Safety procedures for bombardments (scroll down): http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87512

L

littlewing69

turtleface said:

Ostensibly, the airport has been done to stop Hezbollah moving hostages out of the country or getting supplies in. I hadn't heard hospitals had been targetted. I'm no Israel apologist btw, just think that both sides have their faults.

And Hezbullah have attacked purely military targets (they have the right to defend themselves aswell, do they not?) whereas Israel has hit civilian institutions and was the one who initiated the attacks.

''At least 88 people have died in Lebanon, most of the them civilians. On the Israeli side, at least 15 have been killed — four civilians and 11 soldiers. '' <confirmation that Hezbullah aren't cowards who attack civilian areas.
Purely military targets? They're just blind-firing rockets into Israeli towns--there's no specificity in their actions, and they hit a civilian ship earlier today.

The stilted casualty count is a reflection of technology, not intent.

Thank you. It's nice to see we can have a civilised discussion.
Yes. It's a pity our Middle-Eastern counterparts can't seem to manage one..

L

littlewing69

rink said:
Yeah, it's a very sad situation. I hope your family is ok. I'm not sure if your family has internet reception available where they are but it's worth a shot anyway. I think you should email this link to your family - it may prove to be very helpful!

Safety procedures for bombardments (scroll down): http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87512
They're not immediate family, I'm not sure if anyone has heard any news.

Hopefully this stays small and dies down soon.

EDIT:

American TV News is reporting that Israel is claiming the missile attack on the ship was launched by Iranian military advisors and has issued an ultimatum of sorts to Syria. That's not good at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

regul8

HSC
gerhard said:
on the news they had some israeli guy going 'we are bombing any infastructure known to be used to aid in terrorist attacks', and then they cut to israel blowing up a bridge.

oh shit, the terrorists use roads now? better blow them up
oh yep terrorists need the hospital wen they get hurt...no more hospital.. who cares bout the sik ppl in d hospital lets put dem outa der mistery... oopps killd a few doctors on the way lets jst call it sacrifice...
ridiculus

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
ya gotta love how these threads move like lightning across the sky...

yeah, alot of commotion going on since the airport has been out of order. cant get a decent line to leanon, and cant get a decent route out of it too.

dont know if i should be glad that most of my relatives are on the other end of lebanon or upset that the voilence has reached this far...

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
I truly feel great remorse for this situation, while my second cousins are all in bomb shelters in Haifa I do feel more sorry for the Lebanese and Palestinians in far worse situations on the roads. I do feel the Israeli government hasseriously over-reacted to this mess and could possibly lead to another World War if the aggression does not cool down on both sides. And please, leave God and religion out of this it is making me sick already that people on both sides are wasting their energy on praying and attempting to connect to a higher spiritual order.

I also call on the Lebanese and Jewish communities over here not to bring any of the conflict down here, we dont need the war to spread as the world at the moment is particularly flammable.

rink

HSC
littlewing69 said:
Ostensibly, the airport has been done to stop Hezbollah moving hostages out of the country or getting supplies in.
Yes, allegedly. I wonder what excuse they have for bombing roads, bridges, buildings and so on.

I hadn't heard hospitals had been targetted. I'm no Israel apologist btw, just think that both sides have their faults.
They fired a missile within 100metres of a hospital. Al Manar has full coverage.

Purely military targets? They're just blind-firing rockets into Israeli towns--there's no specificity in their actions, and they hit a civilian ship earlier today.
Are you referring to the Egyptian ship? What the hell would an Egyptian ship be doing in the middle of a warzone between Lebanon and Israel? They're either very stupid or aiding Israel. As for Hezb, you're right, but they're only doing that NOW after open war has been declared (and give warning). They were initially only targeting military areas despite Israel attacking civilian areas. And they're firing of rockets into Israel is no more ''blind'' or random than Israel's attacks at Lebanon.

The stilted casualty count is a reflection of technology, not intent.
No, I'm not talking about the numbers in terms of how many people have been killed. I'm talking about how the majority of people killed by Israel has been civilians whereas the majority of people killed by Hezbullah has been soldiers. Think about it.

Yes. It's a pity our Middle-Eastern counterparts can't seem to manage one..
It's very funny you say that seeing as it was Israel who refused to hold negotiations at the start of all this.

dovidg

HSC
"hezbollah initiates attacks against civilians in Israel and worldwide and ideologically supports such attacks by other organizations, such as Islamic Jihad and Hamas, several international organizations, including the EU, and many governments, including the United States, have designated it a terrorist organization"

"Hezbollah supports the destruction of the state of Israel and co-operates with other militant Islamic organizations such as Hamas in order to promote this goal i.e. condones suicide bombing"

whoever said that hezbollah is not a terrorist organisation is being fed alot of left-wing and islamic propaganda crap that is antizionistic/antisemitic!!!

Israel has an absolute right to defend itself and ensure that people understand that they are not to be messed with! A strong message MUST be sent out to the terrorist consortium that you fuck with israel and take its soldeirs captive and launch rockets into israel and you'll pay the price!
Its unfortunate civilians die but this is war and this is what happens in war, get used to it. im sick of hearing all this shit from people that israel is wrong bla bla bla.....if you had a terrorist organisation infiltrating your country daily and trying to kill your citizens and it got to its boiling point where two soldiers were finally captured you would rettaliate severley too...enough is enough...israel WANTS PEACE! the arabic nations that surround israel and the palestinians must stop their violence and stop attacking israel and israel will sign any fuckin agreement put forward but first THE VIOLENCE MUST END AND ISRAELIS MUST FEEL SECURED AND NOT FEEL THREATENED BY TERRORIST ORGANISATIONS yes i said it TERRORSIST ORGANISATION bc thats wat they all are! they are organisations built on ideoligies of hatred and ideologies of destruction, terror and violence and there is no place for them on this earth!

and if 50 people have to die in the struggle to obliterate these cancerous organisations then so be it! 50 lives is worth the life of hundreds and thousands who potentialy could die should these organisations continue to exist. this is war and people die in war...dont wage war on israel and noone will die!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)